Page 86 of 130 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1949
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Probably attack Coates, Jordan, Milestone and other black folks working with DC.

Yes the WB now needs to do something. I wouldn't be shocked if he lost that role on the ABC show even if they have completed any filming.
    It's a complicated issue. Much like when Dynamite got in bed with ComicsGate for a moment (did they ever leave? Unsure), a lot of creators left but there was not a lot of professional vitriol thrown to those who didn't. Work is hard to come by, especially in a pandemic, so the professional scene basically left most who stayed alone. Not all, mind you, but many.

I imagine it may be similar here. Fisher could very well go hard and start calling everyone involved some degree of Uncle Tom or something, but I think that's a reach. Moreover, I think the mega corporations like WB/AT&T would prefer if infighting happened and shifted towards employees both present and past. I hope Fisher keeps his eyes primarily on-target and doesn't shift focus, but I honestly have no skin in the game. Whatever the case, you can be sure this onion will only get worse as we peel more layers away. Fisher seems mostly focused on the people closest to the top and making the decisions, so I imagine it'd stay that way given his record. I haven't been following too closely, though, so I could be very well off base.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am sure Hamada wouldn't want to pull this trigger, but he might want to consider legal action if Fisher continues accusing him of stuff that are demonstrably untrue (which seems to be the case here unless there's evidence we're not seeing)

Yeah, it'll look like the big bad studio executive picking on the C-list actor, but it would also send a pretty clear message that, if you are going to make accusations, you need to have proof.

Astonishing Member

Seeing as WB’s headache from this has long since surpassed any commercial benefit to keeping Johns around (otherwise he’d have publicly ‘stepped away’ from his EP/show runner gigs like Whedon), I gotta assume Hamada has something to cover his ass with

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's a complicated issue. Much like when Dynamite got in bed with ComicsGate for a moment (did they ever leave? Unsure), a lot of creators left but there was not a lot of professional vitriol thrown to those who didn't. Work is hard to come by, especially in a pandemic, so the professional scene basically left most who stayed alone. Not all, mind you, but many.

I imagine it may be similar here. Fisher could very well go hard and start calling everyone involved some degree of Uncle Tom or something, but I think that's a reach. Moreover, I think the mega corporations like WB/AT&T would prefer if infighting happened and shifted towards employees both present and past. I hope Fisher keeps his eyes primarily on-target and doesn't shift focus, but I honestly have no skin in the game. Whatever the case, you can be sure this onion will only get worse as we peel more layers away. Fisher seems mostly focused on the people closest to the top and making the decisions, so I imagine it'd stay that way given his record. I haven't been following too closely, though, so I could be very well off base.
    Coats just left Twitter over trolling.

While Ray did not start it-him mentioning Black Superman could not have helped things.

Folks are mad that this hiring is overshadowing Ray and the writer fired from CW's Superman show over racism.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Seeing as WB’s headache from this has long since surpassed any commercial benefit to keeping Johns around (otherwise he’d have publicly ‘stepped away’ from his EP/show runner gigs like Whedon), I gotta assume Hamada has something to cover his ass with
    "I am disappointed by continued public statements made suggesting that Walter Hamada in any way interfered with the Justice League investigation. He did not," investigator and former federal judge Katherine B. Forrest said in a statement. "I interviewed him extensively on more than one occasion and specifically interviewed him concerning his very limited interaction with Mr. Fisher. I found Mr. Hamada credible and forthcoming. I concluded that he did nothing that impeded or interfered with the investigation. To the contrary, the information that he provided was useful and advanced the investigation."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he..._medium=social

What is it to you if Johns is fired or not. Whether he is or isn't, Fisher will just keep accusing Hamada and Emmerich and everyone else he holds accountable for the situation and anytime WB responds they only make matters worse. Fisher didn't just go after the director and the producers, he went after the higher-ups as well. Considering both the CEO of WB and now the actual investigator publicly defended Hamada, is he going to start accusing them of being enablers too. This wouldn't end regardless of what happens to Johns or whoever else was involved in the reshoots.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-28-2021 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What is it to you if Johns is fired or not. Whether he is or isn't, Fisher will just keep accusing Hamada and Emmerich and everyone else he holds accountable for the situation and anytime WB responds they only make matters worse. Fisher didn't just go after the director and the producers, he went after the higher-ups as well. Considering both the CEO of WB and now the actual investigator publicly defended Hamada, is he going to start accusing them of being enablers too. This wouldn't end regardless of what happens to Johns or whoever else was involved in the reshoots.
    simply because he doesn't like Johns, "the backstabber" according to the randolph lies. Been repeating dislike towards Johns in various posts.

That all this would not end, not sure, The investigator has put Ray in bad light.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-28-2021 at 02:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    simply because he doesn't like Johns, "the backstabber" according to the randolph lies. Been repeating dislike towards Johns in various posts.

That all this would not end, not sure, The investigator has put Ray in bad light.
    Nah, Randolph’s full of it. There are trollbots who have been right more often than her. And the “backstabber” stuff on that nutty hashtag is pure cultism

I just don’t like Johns writing. And as I’ve noted as much as I wouldn’t mind him being proverbially nailed to a wall, there’s something off about this whole thing, because if it was just something Johns did, the fact that he wasn’t employed by WB anymore should have made it easy for a corporation like WB to chuck him under a bus, take the hit and move forward with any reboot etc before Fisher escalated his accusations to include upper management

That they haven’t smacks of having something other than breach of NDA as a defence of Fisher makes a proper fight of it. Or they don’t and simply think they can outlast him.

My point is that while I’ve gone back and forth, there is something making me look what should otherwise be a gift horse in the mouth
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 02-28-2021 at 02:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Will people keep caring about Ray's accusations after the snyder cut comes out? How much clout will he really have after that fandom moves on. The only people you ever see commenting on Ray's social media page are just Zack fans. By the time this superman movie kicks into get a year or so from now, will WB really still have the bad will from Ray's statements? doubtfull.

Nah, Randolph’s full of it. There are trollbots who have been right more often than her. And the “backstabber” stuff on that nutty hashtag is pure cultism

I just don’t like Johns writing. And as I’ve noted as much as I wouldn’t mind him being proverbially nailed to a wall, there’s something off about this whole thing, because if it was just something Johns did, the fact that he wasn’t employed by WB anymore should have made it easy for a corporation like WB to chuck him under a bus, take the hit and move forward with any reboot etc before Fisher escalated his accusations to include upper management

That they haven’t smacks of having something other than breach of NDA as a defence of Fisher makes a proper fight of it. Or they don’t and simply think they can outlast him.

My point is that while I’ve gone back and forth, there is something making me look what should otherwise be a gift horse in the mouth
    so DC should fire Johns just because you don't like his writing, when to date he is their best writer and bring in sales, see 3 jokers massive hit! Simple solution don't read his stuff, thousands of other seem happy to do. WB will not cease contracts with Johns, he has many projects going with them and others in the pipeline.

The Former federal judge statement has put fisher in a bad light with his never ending attacks on Hamada.

Should still be pointed out that WB has responded only when he goes after Hamada. They've never publicly defended Johns or anyone who's been part of the reshoots to my knowledge. Hamada is the only one they can publicly treat like his hands are clean since he wasn't involved in what happened during that time, so when Ray accuses him of trying to interfere with the investigation, they naturally respond to it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Will people keep caring about Ray's accusations after the snyder cut comes out? How much clout will he really have after that fandom moves on. The only people you ever see commenting on Ray's social media page are just Zack fans. By the time this superman movie kicks into get a year or so from now, will WB really still have the bad will from Ray's statements? doubtfull.
    This is my feeling
    As black history month comes to a close, the synder cut gets released and movie theaters open so the general public gets their entertainment and distractions back what will he do next. After that state to know Warner will not sue Ray but Ray can’t sue them either. Also other studios are no different from Warner they just haven’t gotten caught. Why would they hire someone who wants to be a radical and tear down a studio.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Not if Ray goes after Coates or keeps accusing the WB of hiring him to shut up claims about the WB being racist. Never mind the cast and crew of Black Lightning, Ava, Naomi pilot, Milestone, Redjack and others working or doing work for them along with Daniel Cherry and Pam Lifford.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Should still be pointed out that WB has responded only when he goes after Hamada. They've never publicly defended Johns or anyone who's been part of the reshoots to my knowledge. Hamada is the only one they can publicly treat like his hands are clean since he wasn't involved in what happened during that time, so when Ray accuses him of trying to interfere with the investigation, they naturally respond to it.
    They have to defend Hamada, because not doing so means that he and WB were in a conspiracy against Fisher (which I doubt, FWIW). As for Johns, that he still works for the company after the investigation was closed says enough in that regard, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    so DC should fire Johns just because you don't like his writing, when to date he is their best writer and bring in sales, see 3 jokers massive hit! Simple solution don't read his stuff, thousands of other seem happy to do. WB will not cease contracts with Johns, he has many projects going with them and others in the pipeline.

The Former federal judge statement has put fisher in a bad light with his never ending attacks on Hamada.
    I personally don't like the idea of jumping on the bandwagon against people I don't like (whether they be celebrity, politician, etc.) I'm not saying it's easy sometimes, mind you , but I try to bend over backwards for those accused to counteract any biases I may have.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?