Page 90 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1949

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That sounds a little conspiracy theory-minded, although, seeing how Fisher's campaign is losing credibility the longer it goes on (and Snyder didn't exactly do his own any favors by associating with Grace Randolph), I don't blame people for wondering if there's more going on. Heck, when Fisher first started speaking against Joss Whedon after the Snyder Cut was announced, it did kinda feel like he was trying to get revenge for Snyder being removed from the project.
    It might sound conspiracy theories - but the stuff Randolph repeats against certain people perceived as snyder enemies make you wonder - If you add to the equation same people targeted by Fisher, is it a coincidence ?
    All people involved had no power whatsoever to fire snyder - It was at higher level that decision to remove snyder from controlling DCEU was taken. Berg and Johns have been put as babysitters on JL filming by higher ups.

I believe Hamada said that they have no interest in making more snyderverse movies, and all these attacks on him are again a coincidence? The people Fisher first made allegations against did not include Hamada. Now he is the main target!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I was around for these discussions as far back as 2011.
    So was I, which is when I started to formulate my views. Again, the people most vocal about it here always seemed to have someone to take Vic's place in the lineup. Now I was specifically addressing this site - elsewhere, it may indeed be different.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    So was I, which is when I started to formulate my views. Again, the people most vocal about it here always seemed to have someone to take Vic's place in the lineup. Now I was specifically addressing this site - elsewhere, it may indeed be different.
    Again, I was also on this site, and that wasn't what was happening here. People tried to support Vic, even buying multiple copies of books he was featured on the cover of because they wanted DC to use him more, but they were also asking for changes. When those didn't happen, he got dropped like hot potato. Black fans here moved on and raised their standards after that. Again, please do not ignore what I'm saying. I was one of those people who tried to be on board and just gave up. Even Desh/Vampire Savior was willing to join the Cyborg train if he had a redesigned look and was written as a top tier character. Vic isn't designed to be DC's premier Black hero, so he fails miserably in that role. I don't think he can be fixed at this point, since there's a vocal contingent that does not want him changed.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-01-2021 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    But I don't think they've ever actually tried to replicate the interpersonal dynamics from that cartoon. Often the Robin isn't Grayson, BB and Raven are much younger than the others, one is swapped out because he's now a JL founder, etc.
    Do runs with Nightwing count?

updated with this quote from Fisher:
    As I’ve said from the start: Walter Hamada ATTEMPTED to interfere with the JL investigation. He was unsuccessful in doing so because I did not allow him to. Having the investigator make a statement claiming there was no interference is purposely misleading and desperate.
    Apparently now Hamada was thinking about maybe interfering, but Fisher bravely stopped him or something like that. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what he could have done to legitimately earn a spot on the shitlist at this point. He wasn't at WB at the time, he didn't interfere in the investigation, what could he have done other than nix future Snyder films?

Hamada is on the shitlist because according to Ray he's willing to interfere with an investigation in order to protect his friends. Whether he interfered successfully or not doesn't seem to be Ray's issue, him allegedly trying to do so in the first place is what apparently makes him "the worst kind of enabler".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hamada is on the shitlist because according to Ray he's willing to interfere with an investigation in order to protect his friends. Whether he interfered successfully or not doesn't seem to be Ray's issue, him allegedly trying to do so in the first place is what apparently makes him "the worst kind of enabler".
    "Allegedly trying to do so" is nothing without an allegation of what action or actions he was trying to do in order to do so. The people who conducted the investigation noted no hint of trying to do anything to interfere with the investigation

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    "Allegedly trying to do so" is nothing without an allegation of what action or actions he was trying to do in order to do so. The people who conducted the investigation noted no hint of trying to do anything to interfere with the investigation
    Tell that to Ray not to me. I'm merely pointing out why he attacks Hamada. According to him Hamada tried to protect Johns by throwing the others under the bus, he said in one of his IG videos that after he first presented the issue, Hamada told him he worked with Johns on Shazam and he thought Geoff wasn't capable of doing what Fisher was accusing him of. Then tried to persuade him from holding him accountable by saying that creative differences always happen on a movie set and that it was a producer's job to protect the director, and finally that what Ray was asking from him to take it to Warner Media so they can launch an independent 3rd party investigation was above his pay grade. Basically Ray accuses him of not taking his complaints seriously, then trying to protect Johns, then lying to him that he couldn't get things moving. And according to Ray if he hadn't "outargued" him, Hamada would've gotten his way and the investigation would've been somehow compromised. Unless I'm missing something or getting something wrong, I believe those are the primary reasons he claims Hamada is unfit for his position.

Extraordinary Member

Fisher is WAY past the "put up or shut up" phase IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    so the existence of Cyborg’s genitals is that important for the Black community? seriously? can someone explain what's so important in a comic characters genitals?
    If Cyborg was an Asian would have it been acceptable to Fisher if Cyborg had genitals or not? Or its an exclusive to some community only.
    I doubt Black community even know who is Cyborg let alone worry about his genitals. Otherwise I would be extremely disappointed with them, if a fictional character genitals are an issue for them they have wrong priorities.
    Probably its Ray's weird thinking.
    From what I remember, I never been in the discussion, but I was on the sidelines looking at the arguments from both sides. The black community has a right to question the physical characteristics. Cyborg isn't some character, he's promoted as DC's number 1 black hero. So of course fans of color are going to be a little critical if they feel that the character is missing something when compared to the other white heroes. I'm sure a lot want to see themselves as these characters, but they don't want to go through tragedies that causes mutilation, while the white heroes doesn't suffer from that. They would feel left out. There's nothing wrong with any fans having this kind of discussion. I'm sure if John Stewart and Cyborg was on the team, I don't think there would hardly be any complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Fisher is WAY past the "put up or shut up" phase IMO.
    At this point you’re either on his side or not. He doesn’t have any evidence or he would have posted it. I’m not going to shed any tears over Hamada either way.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At this point you’re either on his side or not. He doesn’t have any evidence or he would have posted it. I’m not going to shed any tears over Hamada either way.
    So basically, he's making accusations he can't or won't back up, in public. I don't know, but that sounds like something the other parties involved could...sue over if they wanted.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So basically, he's making accusations he can't or won't back up, in public. I don't know, but that sounds like something the other parties involved could...sue over if they wanted.
    I agree, but at the same time, I have to imagine after the snyder cut a lot less people will bother to check on whatever Ray's saying. Hamada,Johns etc just need to ride this out and people will eventually stop caring about his tweets when Ray doesn't have any roles.

He probably want them to sue him, because even tho he may lose it, he probably know the discovery from the case will make them look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I agree, but at the same time, I have to imagine after the snyder cut a lot less people will bother to check on whatever Ray's saying. Hamada,Johns etc just need to ride this out and people will eventually stop caring about his tweets when Ray doesn't have any roles.
    I think it's not so much the tweets but the fact that WB keeps responding to him that caught people's attention. Ray clearly knew that he could only get that kind of response from the company if he went after someone who is still in a leadership position when it comes to their DC movie slate and that's naturally Walter Hamada. WB only responded to him after he accused him. Whatever people want to say about Ray, WB keeps falling for it and he somehow manages to look like he always has an answer for what they throw at him. Now after Charisma Carpenter and the other Buffyverse actors spoke out against Whedon, Ray has more credibility. So I really doubt this will die down on its own after the Snyder Cut. Even if WB chooses not to do anything about Johns or Hamada, Ray will just keep pushing it until one day a bunch of people who participated in the JL investigation decide to publicly speak out like Carpenter and co. did about Whedon. And we all know that nowadays, once you have strength in numbers, the accused's career is done.