Page 79 of 130 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1949

Fisher is doing himself no favors by admitting to hearsay, as legally and factually defined, as sources for some of his beef against Warner Bros. He literally has admitted he wasn’t in the room for some things he “knows” to be true. Some of it is hearsay. He literally and factually does NOT know it. No one wants to work with a person like that, who could be quite literally slandering people. The crazy thing is, he knows it’s hearsay and admits to it. He’s lucky not to get sued. I’d be shocked if he works as an actor in major motion pictures, TV or Broadway again. You can’t repeat rumors like he has and claim to be right. He should have stuck to what he knows first-hand ONLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Fisher is doing himself no favors by admitting to hearsay, as legally and factually defined, as sources for some of his beef against Warner Bros. He literally has admitted he wasn’t in the room for some things he “knows” to be true. Some of it is hearsay. He literally and factually does NOT know it. No one wants to work with a person like that, who could be quite literally slandering people. The crazy thing is, he knows it’s hearsay and admits to it. He’s lucky not to get sued. I’d be shocked if he works as an actor in major motion pictures, TV or Broadway again. You can’t repeat rumors like he has and claim to be right. He should have stuck to what he knows first-hand ONLY.
    Wonder if he got careless about that or thought that that stuff would pan out and jumped the gun?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

So Fishers finally bringing specifics up re Johns, and all I can say is yikes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ray8fishe...43265421664263

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

Yeah, I'm not seeing that doing anything to oust Johns, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Wait what .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Why would Cyborg's junk even be brought up in the discussion??

It isn't even that specific. More of the same from Ray IMO.

Really tired of people posting any issue they have with another human being on social media.

I wish someone would combat all this cancel culture by digging into the past of every person who accuses someone else of saying something inappropriate and then posting every single they can find what that person did. Shine a big light on everyone and see how people calm down about nitpicking every little thing.
    Last edited by Hol; 02-24-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That and I would like to know if he a similar conversation with Snyder about it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Not sure how they came to discuss it, but Cyborg fans have lamented that he was basically emasculated and rendered incapable of normal sex, which sucks for the character in its own right, but also has a(n admittedly attenuated) historical precedent in racialized depictions of black men as sexual threats.

Now Snyder clearly followed the New 52 concept, but I imagine Snyder wouldn't have an issue discussing it. Whereas Johns was the architect of the New 52 Cyborg origin & design, and I guess defended it in a way that Fisher found insensitive or dismissive.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    It isn't even that specific. More of the same from Ray IMO.

Really tired of people posting any issue they have with another human being on social media.

I wish someone would combat all this cancel culture by digging into the past of every person who accuses someone else of saying something inappropriate and then posting every single they can find what that person did. Shine a big light on everyone and see how people calm down about nitpicking every little thing.
    This isn't exactly an ordinary case of call-out culture, social media is only tangentially related to the central workplace issues. People were frustrated that he wasn't being specific enough - how else is he going to communicate it?

I guess...one side is arguing that some sort of confirmation that Cyborg has all his parts was necessary while the other is arguing it wasn't? Maybe the insinuation being that Johns was insisting something to confirm Cyborg still had a penis because black viewers would react poorly to the idea he doesn't? I dunno, that's the best guess I have.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I guess...one side is arguing that some sort of confirmation that Cyborg has all his parts was necessary while the other is arguing it wasn't? Maybe the insinuation being that Johns was insisting something to confirm Cyborg still had a penis because black viewers would react poorly to the idea he doesn't? I dunno, that's the best guess I have.
    This, or it could be the opposite and similar to what Lightning Rider said, that Cyborg didn't have his gentiles and Johns thought it wouldn't be a big deal? And said so to an actual black man?

I'm curious to hear how it actually played out...if Ray will tell us.

Yeah, one or the other. Seems like a really weird situation to even bring up the race of the viewer though. Seems far more like a question of male viewers period and the argument whether they wholesale would care or not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This, or it could be the opposite and similar to what Lightning Rider said, that Cyborg didn't have his gentiles and Johns thought it wouldn't be a big deal? And said so to an actual black man?

I'm curious to hear how it actually played out...if Ray will tell us.
    Maybe Ray thought Johns wanted him to actually have surgery for the role?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Not sure how they came to discuss it, but Cyborg fans have lamented that he was basically emasculated and rendered incapable of normal sex, which sucks for the character in its own right, but also has a(n admittedly attenuated) historical precedent in racialized depictions of black men as sexual threats. .
    Honestly, i've always considered that a remarkably stupid argument. It's complaining that a cyborg character is actually.. .y'know.. a cyborg. Historical precedent is getting in the way of the actual character. Nobody complains that Robocop doesn't have sex. The same things happen to white characters as happen to black characters... but somehow one is character development and the other is racism...

The very argument that Cyborg being a black character 'doesn't count' or 'isn't black enough' because he isn't having sex with everyone is just insane. And honestly, if Johns told Ray that... i'd still back Johns. If Johns was backing the need for cyborg to be 'intact'... then i'd back Ray.

It's part of what makes cyborg characters so tragic... the knowledge that they were human, but now... aren't. ugghh....