Page 70 of 130 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1949
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    While none of us were there, Whedon's treatment towards Carpenter as described could definitely be seen in court as having discriminatory intent and rising to the level of illegal conduct. He didn't just make nasty comments to another person in a vaccuum, he was outwardly hostile to someone who worked under him, whose schedule and pay and immediate career he had significant control over. It's quite scary how much control over our lives employers have, even in the best of times - it's quite hard to understate the impact this kind of behavior has in a workplace.
    Right and for almost everyone the process to fight it is so time consuming, lengthy and in many cases (expensive) it's just not worth it when you can find another job.

In Hollywood's case, it can affect your ability to find another job.

Speaking of Eliza Dushku, she sued CBS for sexual harassment and won and noticeably hasn't worked since.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Buffy has been off the air for 16 years. If all this was documented (as it SHOULD have been) and folks who were around back then were there when Justice League needed a new director. Why didn't they speak up?
    It might not have been, and employees have plenty of reasons for not calling out abusive behavior from above them.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Just that he wants to make sure they effect Hamada
    Obviously, since Whedon as the Big Bad () can't help Ray's future prospects now, but Hamada possibly can.

Yes, I remain cynical about his true motives here.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Obviously, since Whedon as the Big Bad () can't help Ray's future prospects now, but Hamada possibly can.

Yes, I remain cynical about his true motives here.
    Agreed. Carpenter and the Buffy cast coming forward doesnt help Ray achieve what he actually wants. He wants Hamada and Johns gone and Zack Snyder's universe reinstated.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Agreed. Carpenter and the Buffy cast coming forward doesnt help Ray achieve what he actually wants. He wants Hamada and Johns gone and Zack Snyder's universe reinstated.
    Seeing how many times Fisher has changed his story, I'm not sure what he really wants anymore.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm more willing to believe Fisher now than I was before, but yeah he has been inconsistent.

The BtVS drama is of interest far more to me than anything to do with the Snyder Cut/JL aspects. I was a big fan of that show and AtS when I was younger. And the women are consistent and united in this. The one good thing to come out of the WB drama is that Carpenter is finally being listened to, and Trachtenberg found the courage to get this off her chest.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm more willing to believe Fisher now than I was before, but yeah he has been inconsistent.
    You don't have to pick only one from the menu. You can believe Whedon was unpleasant towards Fisher (which I never doubted, though I'm still cloudy as to how bad he was), but also believe Ray's main purpose is to get back into his Cyborg outfit and make oodles of millions (which I can't blame him, come to think of it).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    You think so? I mean it sounds like she is implying something bad but should someone be cancelled for an implication? Why is it her last word on the topic?

I get it that Joss sounds like a dick to work for...for some people. I just haven't read anything yet that happened that required this level public outing. If he assaulted someone or said he would fire someone for not sleeping with them then I get it. But to drag someone through the mud online for dick head behavior seems too much. Like a lot of things these days.

Would everyone in this thread think it is fair if every bad thing they did or said (not criminal) was posted for everyone to see?
    I never understand comparisons like this. If I work in a public ass industry where my work is celebrated by millions and people worship me then I should have to deal with the consequences of doing something wrong.

Obviously in other industries it's a lot easier for things to be handled internally, but you also don't get the benefits of fame. There's simply more risk for the rewards of fame.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    You don't have to pick only one from the menu. You can believe Whedon was unpleasant towards Fisher (which I never doubted, though I'm still cloudy as to how bad he was), but also believe Ray's main purpose is to get back into his Cyborg outfit and make oodles of millions (which I can't blame him, come to think of it).
    Definitely think this is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I never understand comparisons like this. If I work in a public ass industry where my work is celebrated by millions and people worship me then I should have to deal with the consequences of doing something wrong.

Obviously in other industries it's a lot easier for things to be handled internally, but you also don't get the benefits of fame. There's simply more risk for the rewards of fame.
    I disagree. I don't think because Joss Whedon is famous (using term loosely) that it means it is ok to drag him through the mud publicly.

If it is a risk verse reward thing I could say the same thing about these actors and that they should just suck it up. Everyone gets treated bad in life and especially at work. But that would be wrong to say. Just because they get to be famous and make lots of money doesn't mean they deserve to be treated badly.

People these days just feel so entitled to call people out publically. And to cancel them and destroy their lives. Just doesn't sit well with me.
    Last edited by Hol; 02-12-2021 at 01:40 PM.

I disagree. I don't think because Joss Whedon is famous (using term loosely) that it means it is ok to drag him through the mud publicly.

If it is a risk verse reward thing I could say the same thing about these actors and that they should just suck it up. Everyone gets treated bad in life and especially at work. But that would be wrong to say. Just because they get to be famous and make lots of money doesn't mean they deserve to be treated badly.

People these days just feel so entitled to call people out publically. And to cancel them and destroy their lives. Just doesn't sit well with me.
    That’s fine. I just feel like because so much of celebrity life and entertainment in general is in the public eye, that it makes sense that both the good and the bad get exposed to the public.

Also Joss was definitely at least “nerd” famous. He got panels at Comic-Con every year and made up this entire platform around being a male feminist. A lot of people loved him because he seemingly shared bits of his personal beliefs with them.

Do I think social media is the best way to handle these things? Probably not. I know Charisma has been hinting at this mistreatment for YEARS so I’m glad she finally got it off her chest. Some of Ray’s tactics seem a lil off to me, so I’ll just leave it at that.

I've always believed Fisher when his claims were simply that Whedon fostered a toxic workplace. Its pretty much everything and everyone else that he's then accused of wrongdoing that I've been skeptical on because of his cloak and dagger narratives. Johns for instance. To this date no one has corroborated anything about accusations of poor character on his part.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That’s fine. I just feel like because so much of celebrity life and entertainment in general is in the public eye, that it makes sense that both the good and the bad get exposed to the public.

Also Joss was definitely at least “nerd” famous. He got panels at Comic-Con every year and made up this entire platform around being a male feminist. A lot of people loved him because he seemingly shared bits of his personal beliefs with them.

Do I think social media is the best way to handle these things? Probably not. I know Charisma has been hinting at this mistreatment for YEARS so I’m glad she finally got it off her chest. Some of Ray’s tactics seem a lil off to me, so I’ll just leave it at that.
    Thanks for the thoughtful and kind response. it is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ray Fisher should try and go over to Marvel to be part of a project over there.
    Won’t it be poetic justice if it’s a Squadron Supreme film and it does better than Josstice League?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Thanks for the thoughtful and kind response. it is appreciated.
    Of course! No need to bring outside toxicity over here.