Page 54 of 130 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Then why was Momoa pissed about it? If it was honest mistake, he wouldn't have publicly called it out then announced his support for Fisher and the investigation.

Why on Earth would Warner Bros issue a press release for Aquaman 2 but pretend it was an animated cartoon about Frosty the Snowman voiced by Jason Momoa?

Also, Jon Berg isn't a producer on Aquaman 2
    http://https://deadline-com.cdn.ampp...-1202975009%2F
    Again, I can think of other reasons he'd be pissed at it. Until he clarifies???

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Apparently, he doesn't because it looks like Fisher got almost everything he was asking for.
    Yeah, I\m pretty sure this is not what he really wanted by this point.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Anyone else find this whole thing ironic since Johns was the one who shoehorned Cyborg in as a founding member of the JL, instead of racebending Barry Allen or giving up a spot for John Stewart or working in someone more sensible/mutable like a modern Dr. Fate?

Johns shoehorned Cyborg sideways into Justice League and then the first guy to play Cyborg in a JL origin story gets upset about the size of a part that wouldn't exist if Johns hadn't shoehorned in the character a few years earlier.

It feels like a self-made problem and maybe biting the hand that feeds.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Anyone else find this whole thing ironic since Johns was the one who shoehorned Cyborg in as a founding member of the JL, instead of racebending Barry Allen or giving up a spot for John Stewart or working in someone more sensible/mutable like a modern Dr. Fate?

Johns shoehorned Cyborg sideways into Justice League and then the first guy to play Cyborg in a JL origin story gets upset about the size of a part that wouldn't exist if Johns hadn't shoehorned in the character a few years earlier.

Well, there's no reason why Ray couldn't have played John or an African-American Barry instead, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Um...he was top dog on that movie. "Power hungry?" I doubt it. Say he was a bit of a dick and I'll believe it. But remember, this was a guy called in to "fix" a very troubled production by a guy who never should have been given it, a guy with a wildly different vision for the movie than either Whedon himself, or some nameless studio execs of the sort who often ruin movies. And he had a short deadline, both to rewrite the thing, and shoot new footage to suit the rewrite, and try and edit it into submission. And all the stress was on him to deliver. I think the more experienced members of the principle cast, (which was all the rest of the cast), understood they were in a horror show, and just rode the wave, hoping not to drown. Fisher I think was expecting a great workplace, and probably got a decent one under Snyder, who after all wasn't working under the intense pressure that Whedon was from panicking studio execs.

So yes, there was probably shouting and the like, and there in an ideal world wouldn't be, but it is the way it is. Sadly it seems from history that making movies can be pleasant, not great but not terrible, or a nightmare. With directors who have a hell of a bigger name than either Whedon or Snyder being among the most shocking offenders. Fisher really should have understood that,

Bottom line is after all this time, Fisher still hasn't come up with any specifics to his charges, no "this is exactly what happened on this day of shooting", and no evidence to back any of his talk up. Absent that, there's no reason to believe Whedon was anything other than his usual jerk self, albeit under much higher than normal pressure.
    He came in to an established cast and crew, he may have been the new director but that doesnt mean that you make everyone know "Hey! I'm in charge now, this is my show". While I think it was stupid of WB to hand Snyder JL as quickly as they did, his set wasnt plagued with problems. Snyder ignored WBs requests and eventually had to leave for personal reasons. Joss knew he was walking into a hot mess of finishing a movie that is practically complete and having to change the tone of the film, that wasnt the cast or crews problem. Gal clashed with Joss when she did her reshoots and she took care of it fairly quickly, Ray tried to do the same but apparently was ignored since he's even more of a "nobody" than Gal.

I wont blame Fisher for wanting a harmonious set during reshoots, especially when he spent majority of his time on JL being on one. Im sure Joss handled things poorly and should've apologized after everything was said and done. What Fisher is doing now....doesnt really help him though.

No because the same thing would've happened regardless of who Ray ended up playing in the movie. If he played a black Barry Allen or John Stewart, or had some supporting role instead, he would've still claimed he witnessed the same behavior and the same scenario would've occurred. That isn't some unintended consequences of Johns making Cyborg a JL member in the New-52 line-up(which the DCEU did not need to try to adapt, especially when one other founding member of the same line-up wasn't even there) it's by casting this particular actor in the movie.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-14-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Warner Media has responded.

WarnerMedia issued a separate statement apart from Sarnoff that summed up its side of the proceedings. It said its “extensive” investigation was “conducted by an outside law firm, led by a former federal judge who has assured WarnerMedia that there were no impediments to the investigation” and that the company was moving on from giving Fisher the chance to reprise his Cyborg role in an upcoming Flash movie, “given his statement that he will not participate in any film associated with Mr. Hamada”; and that it remains in business with Johns, who is an executive producer on shows such as Stargirl, Batwoman, and Doom Patrol, among others.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The next few years will tell the tale on this one. If Johns starts getting some higher profile gigs again, then I would believe this, but, currently, he's a showrunner on a CW show and comic book writer. Which is a very lucrative position to be in, but not an indication that he's climbing back to his former heights.

Granted, if I were Johns, I wouldn't even want to be back in charge again. Why would he after all the nonsense he's had to deal with?

Getting his own show to run is still a pretty big deal. Not to mention he is still involved with WW having helped craft WW:84, the Amazon spin off, and likely WW3.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Considering the diversity in those shows, they probably didn't find much backing Fisher's claims of bigotry on Johns' part, but who knows? Hollywood also does have a history of punishing with promotion.

Many of us have commented on the irony of Cyborg and Aquaman going after Johns.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Many of us have commented on the irony of Cyborg and Aquaman going after Johns.
    How dare we have careers!!

I joke, but Johns being an ******* and also the reason those characters are in the limelight don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They’re not backing down. It’s going to be super awkward promoting the Snyder Cut with all this going down. Wonder if WB regrets approving that being made given it seemed to have given Fisher the confidence to come out against WB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    How dare we have careers!!

I joke, but Johns being an ******* and also the reason those characters are in the limelight don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    I don’t disagree, just the irony of the two characters Johns put on the League during the New 52 being the ones to drag him is pretty thick.

Considering the diversity in those shows, they probably didn't find much backing Fisher's claims of bigotry on Johns' part, but who knows? Hollywood also does have a history of punishing with promotion.
    What I find notable is this is really the first time he makes race such a huge part of his accusations against Johns. He kind of mentioned it before too, but almost in a way he didn't sound sure of it, or at least didn't appear to want to make a big deal out of it yet. Here he quadruples down(is that a word?) by calling him racist, discriminatory and retaliatory. He did not spare almost any -ist words here. Outside of Hamada, he focuses half of his latest claims specifically on Johns, with barely any mention of Whedon and Berg, and without a single mention of Emmerich. This was clearly intended to be just as much of an attack on Johns as it was on Hamada, which personally leads me to believe that he's not really satisfied with whatever Johns' "punishment" may be.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-14-2021 at 01:53 PM.

I don't think Mamoa ever directly went after Johns, just supported what Fisher was doing.

Extraordinary Member

And more incoming as the cast of black Adam has proven
    I don’t want Ray derailing their projects