Page 48 of 130 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i'm sure the asylum will welcome him with open arms. when they are making their spoof of the justice league , they could have an original cast member. they could give him his own cyborg movie call 'cyber borgman' or something.
    That would be funny if they did that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Honestly, a part of me kinda hope Geoff does leave DC at some point soon though. On a podcast a year or so ago, he mentioned possibly making his own superhero universe line of comics and I'd like to see that become a reality.

He could probably save comic stores himself with the amount of talented artists who always want to work with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, a part of me kinda hope Geoff does leave DC at some point soon though. On a podcast a year or so ago, he mentioned possibly making his own superhero universe line of comics and I'd like to see that become a reality.

He could probably save comic stores himself with the amount of talented artists who always want to work with him.
    I could see Johns doing a Black Hammer-style personal Superhero universe like Jeff Lemire did.

Extraordinary Member

I bet universal studios would back him up.

I’d honestly rather he do non-superhero indie work. Geiger sounds interesting and I’d like to see more stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could see Johns doing a Black Hammer-style personal Superhero universe like Jeff Lemire did.
    Shocked that’s still going. Felt like it fell off quality wise after the big reveal.

I mean, he can't think this Variety writer is in WB's pocket...or maybe he does, I dunno.

As vocal as he is, he's tight-lipped when it seems to count the most.

To be fair this doesn't really seem like an attack on the writer. I doubt he was purposely trying to be misleading, but it's a legitimate point to make that just because Johns hasn't been booted "yet" does not mean he won't be in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair this doesn't really seem like an attack on the writer. I doubt he was purposely trying to be misleading, but it's a legitimate point to make that just because Johns hasn't been booted "yet" does not mean he won't be in the future.
    Johns has multiple projects ongoing and possible more in the future, WB has no intention of booting him, besides it would be a stupid move. Although personally I would prefer him returning to the comics now that Didio is gone, as DC is currently in a mess, possibly he is the only one that restore some sort of order.

If Johns is booted 2, 6 months from now, sure we can believe that this whole ordeal have something to do with it, if he is out a year from now, then maybe. But is a given that at some point Johns working relationship with DC will end, Fisher can't claim it's because of this investigation whenever it happens.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    If Johns is booted 2, 6 months from now, sure we can believe that this whole ordeal have something to do with it, if he is out a year from now, then maybe. But is a given that at some point Johns working relationship with DC will end, Fisher can't claim it's because of this investigation whenever it happens.
    He\s not going to lose his relationship with WB/DC regarding Fisher as long as he\s making money for them.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

I’m fairness, considering Johns got ousted from most of his roles in 2018, long before people thought Fisher would make waves; makes me think that eventually he will part ways whenever previously agreed EP roles and credits run out. But that’s more likely to missteps in office politics by Johns (and he really doesn’t seem to have made many lasting friends) than anything to do with Fisher

Ray’s claim though is that Johns will get the boot because of what went down during JL. That’s different from Johns leaving in a year or two because AT&T gutted WB to death and he lost all his contacts. And for right now he doesn’t seem to be leaving at all. If next week Johns announced his departure sure, Ray could claim victory.

Johns is still writing a story for the next big publishing initiative (although that might've been set before the Fisher drama, but they could have cut the story), and as far as I know production on Stargirl is still moving forward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i'm sure the asylum will welcome him with open arms. when they are making their spoof of the justice league , they could have an original cast member. they could give him his own cyborg movie call 'cyber borgman' or something.
    I....... can actually see this happening.