Page 56 of 130 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Fisher does have one thing going for him; he's not Armie Hammer.
    Fisher is probably pissed that Hammer is stealing his thunder, no one is going to pay atention to Fisher vs Hamada and Johns when we have the star of Call Me By Your Name acused of canibalism or something close to that.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That is however just my feeling, I could be wrong.
    Same here. We're all blind men grasping at different parts of the elephant, but none of us are getting the full picture.

All we can really do is take what little actual information there is and trust our instincts. My instincts tell me that giant corporations have too long a track record of covering up bad behavior to think that Fisher is doing all this out of ego and a paycheck. My gut also tells me that Fisher has gotten paranoid and is projecting racism and malice onto original recipe assholery

Again, I can think of other reasons he'd be pissed at it. Until he clarifies???
    He was pretty clear in that Instagram post in which he both calls the Frosty PR bullshit and throws his support behind Fisher and the investigation. Can't get much clearer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Getting his own show to run is still a pretty big deal. Not to mention he is still involved with WW having helped craft WW:84, the Amazon spin off, and likely WW3.
    I doubt he'll be involved in WW3 after how badly WW84 was received. The rest are all projects he had lined up before this whole fiasco got started.

If Johns gets new work, then I'll believe that Fisher got this one wrong, too. Until then, I think it's too soon to say whether Johns's career in Hollywood has been derailed by any of this quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Does he really have a "plan" though. I mean one that goes beyond "If I keep being loud enough, they will have to keep responding to me". He previously said the investigation was apparently successful. What more does he want then. Judging by Ann Sarnoff's statement about Hamada, Ray won't be able to do anything about him, so is he going after her for defending him next? Is she the next enabler. Can someone enlighten me about this grand plan of his.
    I don't think there's any grand plan. I think he's just one guy who decided to pick a fight with a giant multinational media corporation and he lucked out that America's been awoken enough about its dicey racial problems in the last year his corporate overlords couldn't crush him like an ant like they would have only a few years earlier and now have to go through the motions of pretending to care about his concerns

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I doubt he'll be involved in WW3 after how badly WW84 was received. The rest are all projects he had lined up before this whole fiasco got started.

If Johns gets new work, then I'll believe that Fisher got this one wrong, too. Until then, I think it's too soon to say whether Johns's career in Hollywood has been derailed by any of this quite yet.
    I think he'll still be involved. He wasnt the only writer on WW84 so its easy not to put full blame on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Now if only we could replace Miller .

I think he'll still be involved. He wasnt the only writer on WW84 so its easy not to put full blame on him.
    Time will tell...

Astonishing Member

He wasn’t the only one involved, but he the only one getting all the blame, which makes for a pretty irresistible scapegoat from a Hollywood POV.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    He wasn’t the only one involved, but he the only one getting all the blame, which makes for a pretty irresistible scapegoat from a Hollywood POV.
    that's just from the snyder cult

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    From who? A bunch of "associate producers"? Is that who Hollywood is supposed to care about. For anyone to try to put the full blame on someone other than the one who had full creative freedom after receiving huge pay raise, is questionable at best. The buck stops with Jenkins, if she could take all the credit for the first movie, she should take all the blame for this one too. Criticism shouldn't be selective based on which boogeyman happens to be involved.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-15-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    From who? A bunch of "associate producers"? Is that who Hollywood is supposed to care about. For anyone to try to put the full blame on someone other than the one who had full creative freedom after receiving huge pay raise, is questionable at best. The buck stops with Jenkins, if she could take all the credit for the first movie, she should take all the blame for this one too. Criticism shouldn't be selective based on which boogeyman happens to be involved.
    That may technically be true but making movies is not so simple to pin everything on one person, except with directors like Chris Nolan. She had more sway then the first movie but supposedly it was a train wreck behind the scenes, which isn't unusual, and she has bosses to answer to herself. If any producer or exec from the studio overruled her on certain things they should get the blame, what's difficult about this is that directors rarely leaks details like this because it'd get them in hot water with the studio. That's why it's necessary to go over every decision with a fine toothed comb and get all facts, which might take years or never to come out in the open. This is why David Ayer took it on the chin from WB and asked for another with Suicide Squad. He liked being employed by WB.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

With flash being a multiverse film, it would be nice if they pulled doom patrol cyborg in but I got a feeling they want to ignore the character all together just to avoid dealing with anymore ray fisher contreversy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    He was pretty clear in that Instagram post in which he both calls the Frosty PR bullshit and throws his support behind Fisher and the investigation. Can't get much clearer than that.
    "Bullshit" isn't all that clear. I'm talking about an account of his understanding of what happened, complete with names and other details, not some other vague display of unhappiness. And Mamoa seems like a guy to support his friends rather more than say Cavill, so a statement in support of Fisher doesn't seem to be out of character. But I'll point out that you can support someone in something without really being involved or even knowing what's going on.

"Bullshit" isn't all that clear. I'm talking about an account of his understanding of what happened, complete with names and other details, not some other vague display of unhappiness. And Mamoa seems like a guy to support his friends rather more than say Cavill, so a statement in support of Fisher doesn't seem to be out of character. But I'll point out that you can support someone in something without really being involved or even knowing what's going on.
    That's a whole lot of supposition there. The basic facts are pretty straight forward. Someone at WB released a bullshit PR, Mamoa got pissed and publicly supported the investigation, which indeed found something worthy of remedial action.