Page 113 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1949

Edited: Wasn’t worth it.
    Last edited by Iconic; 04-07-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I was trying to be somewhat charitable and I did love his earlier work in a popcorn movie sort of way (GL, JSA, and especially Flash), but I agree he's not aged well. He's not in Marv Wolfman or Paul Levitz or James Robinson territory yet (comic book writing long since passed those guys by) but his later stuff hasn't been so good.
    I feel like his work has far more depth than your average popcorn flick, but that's just my take.
    Waiting for Three Jokers for three years or whatever it was made the disappointment of that series greater than it might have been otherwise. Ditto for D-Clock, which had such a strong start. And I am baffled by those that enjoyed the Stargirl section of the Infinite Frontier special. It felt like a slightly more fleshed out "Who's Who" entry to me than anything else.
    I haven't read the comic but I assume that was to refresh readers when Courtney's last comic appearance outside Doomsday Clock was in Forever Evil, and that was years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Wow, that was hard to read. So Johns and Berlanti ruin GL so badly that they set the franchise back by 10-15 years, to the degree that GL isn't even a founding member of JL anymore. Then HBO Max decides to give it another try and they go with.... Johns and Berlanti. Good call, HBO Max. Let's ruin GL for another 10+ years.
    I mean, for every GL movie we get GL:TAS which adapted a lot of his GL run, so doesn't that even out?

GL:TAS was okay. It was never on the same level as the other DC animated shows. It doesn't have the lasting power of the DCAU or 2003 Teen Titans which has a huge fanbase to this day. If it was that good, DC would have green lit a new season like they did for Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    He is Lebanese American. Why should him not wanting to be misidentified as white be a problem?
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Serpico Jones; 04-07-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Oh please. He’s as white as a ghost. Him wanting to be identified as Lebanese American was the most embarrassing and pathetic part of the entire pathetic and embarrassing (for WB) report.
    He's always identified as Lebanese-American in fairness to him.

That was part of the rationale for his creation of Simon Baz.

I don’t even think what Whedon did was all that bad. Gal Gadot is a horrible actress and he probably let her know it a few times.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don’t even think what Whedon did was all that bad. Gal Gadot is a horrible actress and he probably let her know it a few times.
    Nobody "deserves" a hostile work environment. Ridiculous assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    GL:TAS was okay. It was never on the same level as the other DC animated shows. It doesn't have the lasting power of the DCAU or 2003 Teen Titans which has a huge fanbase to this day. If it was that good, DC would have green lit a new season like they did for Young Justice.
    This isn't the right thread to discuss this topic but one of the main reasons Young Justice was renewed was because it was traditional animation and far less expensive than GL. Even then, some people still complained about the last season of YJ looking comparatively cheaper to the previous seasons. YJ was a safer bet from a financial standpoint and there was bigger fan demand to bring it back as well, but GL's cancellation was unrelated to either quality or lack of interest. I also feel this generally isn't a fair comparison to make given that no DC cartoon has had the kind of lasting power that Batman TAS and some of the other DCAU shows have had, and none of those shows were canceled before they got a chance to find a larger audience due to the underperformance of a bad movie.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-07-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Rege just confirmed what was in the article on Twitter
    So John is kinda screwed from here through June 20th

Extraordinary Member

Wheedon has been harassing women for decades he is trash

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Any director who would give an actor a hard time over their acting abilities (not that I find Gal a bad actress, FWIW) shouldn't be directing. How would that in any way be productive? The bad actor would suddenly become Marlon Brando or Meryl Streep?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Edit. Nevermind. I'm so tired of hearing about all of this.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-07-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Wheedon has been harassing women for decades he is trash
    I was only focusing on the Gal Gadot allegations. What he did on the set of Buffy is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Rege just confirmed what was in the article on Twitter
    So John is kinda screwed from here through June 20th
    Geoff Johns’ days are numbered.

Astonishing Member

I suspect the body count list in the next crisis is going to have a rather interesting commonality.