Page 126 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1949

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I did begin to forget
    What else is he planning to do or drop

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...520259074?s=21
    "Stay the course" as in continuing to critique WB's business practices until they fire more people? Because has there been anything the investigation hasn't revealed yet?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

But are they hiring him?
    Yeah. This is where it sucks to be Ray. Everyone is saying "love what you're doing" but not giving him work, apparently.

They may as well be saying "thoughts and prayers."

If you think it's deserved, fine. I'm not here to argue that any further, but ultimately that "industry support" bit doesn't really do much to help him other than perhaps galvanize his conviction which already seemed unflappable.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah. This is where it sucks to be Ray. Everyone is saying "love what you're doing" but not giving him work, apparently.

If you think it's deserved, fine. I'm not here to argue that any further, but ultimately that "industry support" bit doesn't really do much to help him other than perhaps galvanize his conviction which already seemed unflappable.
    He seems to get a lot of love on twitter and has achieved some vindication but I feel like the way he went about doing this has made it difficult for him to fit back into the industry, and he was aware of that when this started.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I’m gonna be annoyed if he continues to do this when static gets announced

Ultimate Member

I’m gonna be annoyed if he continues to do this when static gets announced
    He tries it and he'll learn how defensive folks till be.

That is Static-created and OWNED by black folks not DC. Folks are NOT going tolerate Ray or the Cult folks going after Static.

One of his co-creators, two if his writers and first artist are gone. That film is going to be too emotional for a lot of folks.

Nobody wants to hear about Ray Fisher. NOBODY.

All those industry folks-I don't see them HIRING him.

Astonishing Member

The shady thing about pretty much any industry/profession is that no one wants to work with guys who talk out of school, even if they were 100% right

I am surprised that DC has evidently allowed Johns to slink back in if they think Fisher has more receipts (or could inspire someone to talk about crap he may have pulled on the comics side that’s been alluded to by others)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The shady thing about pretty much any industry/profession is that no one wants to work with guys who talk out of school, even if they were 100% right

I am surprised that DC has evidently allowed Johns to slink back in if they think Fisher has more receipts (or could inspire someone to talk about crap he may have pulled on the comics side that’s been alluded to by others)
    I think the fact that Johns is still working at DC/WB shows that the investigation didn't turn up anything that they felt was worth firing him over.

I don't think he's slinked back since he seems to still be doing the same stuff he was doing before? Even being advertised for a JSA relaunch.

Spectacular Member

So what is Geoff Johns doing at the moment. Is he still involved in Movies or just TV? Has he got anymore work lined up for comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    So what is Geoff Johns doing at the moment. Is he still involved in Movies or just TV? Has he got anymore work lined up for comics?
    From what I've heard, he's still involved in the Stargirl show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    He’s still working with Berlanti on the shows, and that Stargirl one shot straight up said a Stargirl series from him is coming soon. Also he might be doing JSA again? Someday.

Geiger has also sold really well, and I expect his other comics work does likewise. In other words DC looked at the sales and concluded that the Twitter backlash hasn’t negatively affected Johns commercially, so they will continue to work with him. I mean they’re working with Willingham, clearly they no longer care about Twitter backlash.
    Last edited by Vordan; 06-13-2021 at 12:31 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s still working with Berlanti on the shows, and that Stargirl one shot straight up said a Stargirl series from him is coming soon. Also he might be doing JSA again? Someday.

Geiger has also sold really well, and I expect his other comics work does likewise. In other words DC looked at the sales and concluded that the Twitter backlash hasn’t negatively affected Johns commercially, so they will continue to work with him. I mean they’re working with Willingham, clearly they no longer care about Twitter backlash.
    What did Willingham do?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What did Willingham do?
    Oh boy. Well in short he’s very, very right-wing. He’s very pro-Israel, and that’s a huge part of Fables, he wrote an article for Breibart. Only reason I’m sure Twitter didn’t s*** itself at DC announcing he was back was because he’s wisely kept off the Internet and to himself. Only a matter of time though I’m sure.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Has Wilingham actually done anything asides of having "bad" opinions?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He seems to get a lot of love on twitter and has achieved some vindication but I feel like the way he went about doing this has made it difficult for him to fit back into the industry, and he was aware of that when this started.
    He probably has a career in theater, but not movies, at least not as the leading man he thought. No one wants a guy who is that disruptive working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Has Wilingham actually done anything asides of having "bad" opinions?
    I haven't heard a peep from him until they announced Fables was coming back, but I might not have looked hard enough.