Page 93 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1949
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Cyborg was introduced on a team full of weirdos--Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy--so it didn't matter when he was one too. But when your only non-white character is mutilated, while every one else looks godly attractive--well, what else are people going to think?

Cyborg was always meant to be a second-class member, when folks who want diversity don't want diverse characters to be treated as secondary.
    So it's "offensive" just because he's Black? The number of superheroes with disfigurements and maladies are extremely low and most other Black superheroes are "godly attractive" so what's the problem with just ONE of them being in Cyborg's situation?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This why I don’t care for him, he was always treated poorly and as a little black boy I never wanted to be cyborg, always getting his body parts ripped off. Weather it was the titans or the justice league he always got damaged the most
    I mean.....this happens with any robotic character: Data from Star Trek, Vision, Red Tornado (wwwaayy more than cyborg), Robocop....it’s a trope. It’s not the end of the world.

Astonishing Member

The problem is that this is still his word against someone else's word, there is still zero hard evidence, while the investigation, as far as I understand, is over.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    And I still don't see why Ray, who is concerned that an actually abusive director would get blamed for being actually abusive, doesn't want any of the blame to fall on Snyder for casting BIPOC in the most irrelevant and easily cut scenes.
    To be fair, since so much of the movie was recut, I think Cyborg's role being so different isn't necessarily tied to how substantial it was supposed to be originally.

Extraordinary Member

So I guess none of this will go away even when the Snyder cut is released?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Considering a decent chunk of Fisher’s statements seemed timed to whenever Johns is in the media (I think there was a tweet around the time each issue of 3J came out etc) it’s not going to end anytime soon

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Ray clearly isnt happy with the outcome of the investigation so Id say no.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Ray clearly isnt happy with the outcome of the investigation so Id say no.
    He was fairly satisfied with the investigation until he realized he still wasn't going to play Cyborg.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So it's "offensive" just because he's Black? The number of superheroes with disfigurements and maladies are extremely low and most other Black superheroes are "godly attractive" so what's the problem with just ONE of them being in Cyborg's situation?
    Because he's the ONLY ONE on a team of perfect people. It smacks of being afraid of Black sexuality. He's second class, featured less, and doesn't get to be happy like the others because he's Black. At this point, I can't help you, dude. Choose to remain tone deaf if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    To be fair, since so much of the movie was recut, I think Cyborg's role being so different isn't necessarily tied to how substantial it was supposed to be originally.
    He's not just talking about his own role, he's including other minority actors, such as the one who played Iris West. Who's role was also an easy one to cut.

There's definitely some debate on the subject, but even with some things like the Russian family (added to ensure we remembered the stakes in the final battle) it was still a fairly tight movie. Every character gets an establishing scene (Fisher with his dad, Flash with his dad, Aquaman with that bar), and then everything else is about how the character reacts to the team.

It started shortly after the Snydercut was announced. It might stop once it becomes clear that the Snyderverse is not going to be "restored."

BANNED

My only problem with this is that once again he is basing things off of something he hadnt heard. It could be true that they said those things but just like the Whedon "color correcting" comment appeared to be taken out of context and turned into a game of telephone, this could easily be the same situation. I would hope that the people that heard these things participated in the investigation.

As far deleting POC out of the film....they deleted William DaFoe and Robin Wright out of the film. It was 2hrs, if you werent directly tied to the plot you were likely out just as Snyder had to do in BvS theatrical cut and likely with this film had he seen it to completion had be held to the 2hr runtime.
    Doesn't that mean that BIPOC characters weren't as central to the narrative as White ones?

Doesn't that mean that BIPOC characters weren't as central to the narrative as White ones?
    That sure seems to be the case. I don't see where the film would have been improved by the Flash having a girlfriend, for example. Or really for any of the characters to have a subplot aside from the team

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They werent but thats also something that Whedon inherited when he took over. We spent majority of our time with the actual members of the JL. The entire time they used Bruce and Diana to recruit everyone and explain their origins thus deleting Iris out of the film. Ryan Choi, Antiope, and Vulko. To me it shows it had nothing to do with the characters race as to why they were left on the cutting room floor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    That sure seems to be the case. I don't see where the film would have been improved by the Flash having a girlfriend, for example. Or really for any of the characters to have a subplot aside from the team
    They werent but thats also something that Whedon inherited when he took over. We spent majority of our time with the actual members of the JL. The entire time they used Bruce and Diana to recruit everyone and explain their origins thus deleting Iris out of the film. Ryan Choi, Antiope, and Vulko. To me it shows it had nothing to do with the characters race as to why they were left on the cutting room floor.
    Well, this may be why we're seeing so much racebending now, since Superman's a big enough character to have his girlfriend kept in, while Flash is not. BIPOC characters are not on the same level--call it history of whatever.