Page 89 of 130 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1949

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Solstice is not a Geoff Johns character.
    She was created by J.T Krull with Nicola Scott.
    Ah, I stand corrected.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    The Geoff Johns/Jim Lee Justice League book before N52 became a reboot was going to feature:
    Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Cyborg and Hawkman.
    That lineup was first revealed back in 2009, and Johns using Cyborg in Flashpoint was no coincident.

Plus, if you go to DCUO, around the same time 2009-2011, Cyborg is also seen as a member of the JL,
    which had Geoff Johns as the principle writer.
    So pretty sure Johns was involved in pushing Cyborg during that time.
    I’m surprised to hear Aquaman, Firestorm, Deadman and Martian Manhunter wouldn’t be a part of it since Geoff was writing them in Brightest Day.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 02-28-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't know about Deadman, but their inclusion in Brightest Day was to launch ongoings for these characters Aquaman probably written by Johns and Firestorm we know was given to Clevinger along with Swamp Thing and Animal Man with Snyder/Lemire. I suspect Pete Tomasi wanted Martian Manhunter for something since MM is a favorite character of his. Of course Didio wiped away everything with New 52. Rotworld with Snyder/Lemire was undoubtedly something that spun off what they were trying to do there. So likely Justice League was a tentpole book for this corner with Johns and his stable of chosen writers (kinda like Rebirth). But it's pretty clear like with Rebirth Didio would never have tolerated something like this since that would be a challenge to his power.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-28-2021 at 05:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    The Geoff Johns/Jim Lee Justice League book before N52 became a reboot was going to feature:
    Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Cyborg and Hawkman.
    That lineup was first revealed back in 2009, and Johns using Cyborg in Flashpoint was no coincident.

Plus, if you go to DCUO, around the same time 2009-2011, Cyborg is also seen as a member of the JL,
    which had Geoff Johns as the principle writer.
    So pretty sure Johns was involved in pushing Cyborg during that time.
    That line-up was being promoted with the DCUO game. Basically the core five properties, plus a Titans rep and a JSA rep.

It was also teased in Flashpoint Paradox.

Now DC seems to be turning towards goodwill from the DCAU's vision.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    That line-up was being promoted with the DCUO game. Basically the core five properties, plus a Titans rep and a JSA rep.

It was also teased in Flashpoint Paradox.

Now DC seems to be turning towards goodwill from the DCAU's vision.

Yep all the millennials are entering positions of authority at DC, and they grew up on the DCAU. Was the DCUO tie-in any good? Crazy to think it was once one of DC’s largest outside media projects.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep all the millennials are entering positions of authority at DC, and they grew up on the DCAU. Was the DCUO tie-in any good? Crazy to think it was once one of DC’s largest outside media projects.
    Will it come full circle again when the Johns-era generation who grew up with his run and GL:TAS come into power?

Media is so cyclical, it's kind of hilarious .

I don't think it's quite worked out for Wally media-wise though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I don't know about Deadman, but their inclusion in Brightest Day was to launch ongoings for these characters Aquaman probably written by Johns and Firestorm we know was given to Clevinger along with Swamp Thing and Animal Man with Snyder/Lemire. I suspect Pete Tomasi wanted Martian Manhunter for something since MM is a favorite character of his. Of course Didio wiped away everything with New 52. Rotworld with Snyder/Lemire was undoubtedly something that spun off what they were trying to do there. So likely Justice League was a tentpole book for this corner with Johns and his stable of chosen writers (kinda like Rebirth). But it's pretty clear like with Rebirth Didio would never have tolerated something like this since that would be a challenge to his power.
    James Robinson was also going to do a new Hawkman book.

BANNED

Wally is being brought back for at least a test run in the current era.

I don't think there's a cartoon besides Young Justice that's had the same level of ongoing fan attention as the DCAU. That said, characters with little or no outside appearances continue to have their fans.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-28-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Wally is being brought back for at least a test run in the current era.

I don't think there's a cartoon besides Young Justice that's had the same level of ongoing fan attention as the DCAU. That said, characters with little or no outside appearances continue to have their fans.
    The original 2003 Teen Titans cartoon?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The original 2003 Teen Titans cartoon?
    Yeah, that would be the closest. I wish DC did have a Titans book with that roster at the center, but that hasn't been pushed at all in the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Quite frankly, the theory (at least on this site) always smacked of a way to negate Cyborg's blackness in order for him to be replaced by the poster's favorite African-American of choice on the Justice League. It should also be noted some posters here have been banned for going that route, too.
    I was around for these discussions as far back as 2011. It had nothing to do with people just trying to knock out Cyborg in order to get him replaced. Fans were pleading with DC to fix this issue and were even coming up with redesigns, but DC chose to remain tone-deaf, so of course people gave up on Cyborg and moved on to other, less problematic Black characters, who weren't emasculated or being held back so that Batman could remain relevant. It might sound crazy, but it's almost like there are consequences when you repeatedly ignore input from your fans on their own representation because you're holding onto a past interpretation that no longer makes sense for a myriad of reasons.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that would be the closest. I wish DC did have a Titans book with that roster at the center, but that hasn't been pushed at all in the comics.
    Well, those 5 will be the hardest of the new Titans Academy along with Donna.

The Rebirth Titans run basically had that, with Kid Flash in place of Cyborg. They even had a similar roster for the Walmart comics, I believe.

Might've been why Johns' Titans run went back to a revamped New Teen Titans roster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Rebirth Titans run basically had that, with Kid Flash in place of Cyborg. They even had a similar roster for the Walmart comics, I believe.

Might've been why Johns' Titans run went back to a revamped New Teen Titans roster.
    But I don't think they've ever actually tried to replicate the interpersonal dynamics from that cartoon. Often the Robin isn't Grayson, BB and Raven are much younger than the others, one is swapped out because he's now a JL founder, etc.

Incredible Member

I was around for these discussions as far back as 2011. It had nothing to do with people just trying to knock out Cyborg in order to get him replaced. Fans were pleading with DC to fix this issue and were even coming up with redesigns, but DC chose to remain tone-deaf, so of course people gave up on Cyborg and moved on to other, less problematic Black characters, who weren't emasculated or being held back so that Batman could remain relevant. It might sound crazy, but it's almost like there are consequences when you repeatedly ignore input from your fans on their own representation because you're holding onto a past interpretation that no longer makes sense for a myriad of reasons.

If i could like this post 1 thousand times i would.

It's not that people who have discussed this issue haven't read most of what you typed before but the straight forward way you addressed the shift of focus from (my words not yours) Cyborg to Green Lantern John Stewart is excellent. It really is that simple.

DC refuses to be quiet, listen and learn from the audience they want money from and that audience simply stopped supporting their product and moved on to something "less problematic" (and psychologically exhausting).

*also i hadn't seen the 2nd image before lol
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Well, about a week back I noted that this can be traced back to Snyder, himself. He gets close to people with platforms on YouTube and sends them on the attack against his enemies. Fisher, Randolph, and other YouTube personalities are soldiers in his war against WB.

Fisher tried to detract attention from the announcement of the new Supergirl, and now he's doing it Coates and a possible black Superman. It has nothing to do with diversity casting; most DC projects cast against type.
    This is about Snyder (and by extension) Fisher being reduced to irrelevance at DC Films by Walter Hamada.
    That sounds a little conspiracy theory-minded, although, seeing how Fisher's campaign is losing credibility the longer it goes on (and Snyder didn't exactly do his own any favors by associating with Grace Randolph), I don't blame people for wondering if there's more going on. Heck, when Fisher first started speaking against Joss Whedon after the Snyder Cut was announced, it did kinda feel like he was trying to get revenge for Snyder being removed from the project.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)