Page 57 of 130 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It’s should be noted that Momoa took his time countering the Frosty thing. Which suggests that even if he supports Fisher, it’s either with reservations or with an awareness to the game everyone in Hollywood plays

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's a whole lot of supposition there. The basic facts are pretty straight forward. Someone at WB released a bullshit PR, Mamoa got pissed and publicly supported the investigation, which indeed found something worthy of remedial action.
    It's no more supposition than those "basic facts", which include both some facts, and a lot of opinion as to what they mean. Bottom line on Mamoa is that like Fisher and Gadot, we really have no idea as to what they're pissed at. Mamoa's pissed at the Frosty thing, but we don't actually know why he was pissed, what that Frosty announcement was really about, who did it and why....yeah, there's a lot we just don't know. But since none of them are willing to divulge anything concrete....it's all just a one-sided shouting match.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Mamoa's pissed at the Frosty thing, but we don't actually know why he was pissed,

We do. He flat out said they announced his involvement without his permission and claims it was a PR distraction.

THIS **** HAS TO STOP AND NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT @ray8fisher AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO EXPERIENCED WHAT HAPPEN UNDER THE WATCH OF @wbpictures NEEDS PROPER INVESTIGATION I just think it’s fucked up that people released a fake Frosty announcement without my permission to try to distract from Ray Fisher speaking up about the shitty way we were treated on Justice League reshoots.
    I know this thread is mostly dead set against Fisher at this point, but that seems fairly cut and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It’s should be noted that Momoa took his time countering the Frosty thing. Which suggests that even if he supports Fisher, it’s either with reservations or with an awareness to the game everyone in Hollywood plays
    He and the others are aware they have careers to protect, which is likely the reason for the relative reticence. Even in the post where Momoa publicly lambasted the announcement of the fake Frosty movie, he still avoided naming exactly who he thinks did it (even though the announcement mentions Geoff Johns and Jon Berg...) and has remained out of the conflict since then. An actor going nuclear like Ray is very, very rare in this industry, so even if the rest were mistreated on set or do support him in private, they likely don't want to jeopardize future acting roles by rocking the boat too much.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He and the others are aware they have careers to protect, which is likely the reason for the relative reticence. Even in the post where Momoa publicly lambasted the announcement of the fake Frosty movie, he still avoided naming exactly who he thinks did it (even though the announcement mentions Geoff Johns and Jon Berg...) and has remained out of the conflict since then. An actor going nuclear like Ray is very, very rare in this industry, so even if the rest were mistreated on set or do support him in private, they likely don't want to jeopardize future acting roles by rocking the boat too much.
    Except those two have far, far more leverage than Fisher does, so the idea they would lose acting roles is remote. Of course, if they weren't with Ray when any of this insinuated stuff actually happened...
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Except those two have far, far more leverage than Fisher does, so the idea they would lose acting roles is remote.
    Gadot? Possibly. Momoa? Aquaman is just about the only successful thing he's done since Game of Thrones (except maybe that blind show on Apple). Just about every other movie he's had has bombed. While it can be argued he has a lot of leverage, it's still by far within his best interest to stay with the Aquaman role for the foreseeable future.

Astonishing Member

And it would probably also make for some awkward holiday dinners if he did something that got his stepdaughter canned from the Catwoman gig
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 01-15-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Gadot? Possibly. Momoa? Aquaman is just about the only successful thing he's done since Game of Thrones (except maybe that blind show on Apple). Just about every other movie he's had has bombed. While it can be argued he has a lot of leverage, it's still by far within his best interest to stay with the Aquaman role for the foreseeable future.
    Dune looks like it could be a hit, but Maoma probably doesn’t want to torch his relationship with WB.

He's the star of a billion-dollar film that's the beginning of a franchise, so that gives him enough clout and then some. Momoa backing up Fisher with specifics would certainly move things Ray's way than the latter will, that's for sure.

He's the star of a billion-dollar film that's the beginning of a franchise, so that gives him enough clout and then some. Momoa backing up Fisher with specifics would certainly move things Ray's way than the latter will, that's for sure.
    I already said yes, Aquaman was a hit, but at the end of the day he needs it more than WB/DC needs him. The franchise has had a lot of ups and downs but there's no reason they couldn't just greenlight another 5 Batman films and call it a day if he walked.

I already said yes, Aquaman was a hit, but at the end of the day he needs it more than WB/DC needs him
    Maybe, but billion-dollar films don't grow on trees. Yeah, they could replace him, but that's somewhat problematic for a superhero without a mask.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Maybe, but billion-dollar films don't grow on trees. Yeah, they could replace him, but that's somewhat problematic for a superhero without a mask.
    Not to mention I know a lot of people who don't care about superheroes, they just wanted to see shirtless Momoa for two hours. Not a lot of beefcake movies come out so apparently there was a substantial... thirst.

I'll see myself out.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It's no more supposition than those "basic facts", which include both some facts, and a lot of opinion as to what they mean. Bottom line on Mamoa is that like Fisher and Gadot, we really have no idea as to what they're pissed at. Mamoa's pissed at the Frosty thing, but we don't actually know why he was pissed, what that Frosty announcement was really about, who did it and why....yeah, there's a lot we just don't know. But since none of them are willing to divulge anything concrete....it's all just a one-sided shouting match.
    Read Mamoa's Instragram post. It's very clear what he's saying. He's not being coy about anything.

Extraordinary Member

Just when I think things are quiteting down he drops something else, he gonna keep doing droplets like pop star all the way up to movie release

Astonishing Member

Yeah... much as I want this to be the thing that deep-sixes Johns influence at DC, release of selective quotes sets off all sorts of alarms

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Read Mamoa's Instragram post. It's very clear what he's saying. He's not being coy about anything.
    Care to quote it? I don't have instagram. Unless this is something new his past support has been far from backing specific claims by Fisher. If he had been Fisher would have far more credibility than he does right now. The Iris actress was even less specific, all she did was back him - their complains make it look like they agree it was a bad work environment then what Fisher is claiming and not elaborating on. Fisher, like Gadot, isn't risking his career for Fisher - he's doing the bare minimum for solidarity while not burning bridges.