Page 40 of 130 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

What exactly did WB's "investigation" find? Cause I sure haven't heard. Much like any specificity to Fisher's accusations, (like say, what exactly is he accusing them of). Bottom line is that until Fisher reveals exactly what he's on about, he comes across as a bitter, failed wannabe movie star out for revenge by tarnishing reputations with stuff he can't or won't support with any facts.

Extraordinary Member

Really good interview that addressed much of the uninformed opinions of those who have no clue what happened behind the scenes. Its amazing how many feel as if they deserve to be told the specific details.

When things happen in the corporate world we only get an idea of what may have transpired but full details are usually kept in house. We know about H.Weinstein but only so much. I’m willing to bet there are far more graphic details in that case as well as many other cases that simply won’t be released to the public at this time. It serves no purpose. The same here. Those who need to know, know.

If the company takes action then that’s all that needs to be known. Nothing more. Should people who were accused start being removed and things change then you know they found them to be at fault. These corporations ain’t gonna mess with their money if they don’t find there to be any issues.

“Fans” don’t deserve anymore information.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Hahahahahaha! "Madness"?!? Well, that was one very weird article in tone. Sounds like the source has one big crush on Fisher. I can think of quite a few reasons Whedon would withhold a script from an actor. Starting with it not being finished, for example. If indeed he did withhold it. Considering Fisher's track record here, I'm not sure why anyone would believe him.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    “Fans” don’t deserve anymore information.
    The problem is that Fisher's whole strategy is based on what we fans think as a way to pressure WB in his favor. Therefore, yes, we do deserve more info. Now if he decides to take it to the courts, then our opinion doesn't matter.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The problem is that Fisher's whole strategy is based on what we fans think as a way to pressure WB in his favor. Therefore, yes, we do deserve more info. Now if he decides to take it to the courts, then our opinion doesn't matter.
    No. You don’t.

It was a way to put pressure on the corporation to do something. If they had respected all parties involved and honestly addressed this “in-house” you would have never even known. Things would have just changed and you’d be none the wiser. They didn’t and it was spoken on as a way to get the corporation to earnestly address the issue. That’s it. It’s being handled now. Done.

Does anyone have a run down of Joss Whedon's crimes?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Hahahahahaha! "Madness"?!? Well, that was one very weird article in tone. Sounds like the source has one big crush on Fisher. I can think of quite a few reasons Whedon would withhold a script from an actor. Starting with it not being finished, for example. If indeed he did withhold it. Considering Fisher's track record here, I'm not sure why anyone would believe him.
    It is not about believing him or not, his track record doesn't help, but as you say the script could have not been finished, or they decided at the last minute before they could hand it to him, to make changes.
    The problem with Fisher is that he acts as if everything is owed to him. He accused Johns of threatening his career, what career? he had none!! His portrait of cyborg in the movie was anything but memorable.
    After WB decided not to have a cyborg solo movie, he has gone into childish tantrums.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    No. You don’t.

It was a way to put pressure on the corporation to do something.
    '

Where do you think the pressure comes from? From the threat of ticket buyers not seeing a WB film, of course. Therefore, if he's going to use us this way, then he needs to give us more to chew on then vague accusations.

'

Where do you think the pressure comes from? From the threat of ticket buyers not seeing a WB film, of course. Therefore, if he's going to use us this way, then he needs to give us more to chew on then vague accusations.
    By that same logic, WB owes us their full report.

I have no idea on the agreement that WB and Fisher has reached, but there is no doubt in my mind that one of the most important things for WB there was a Non-Disclosure Agreement regarding the settlement and WB's report.

Also, the claims for full details is nearly always disingenous. It's used as a weapon to silence the people speaking up. I'm not saying you think that way right now, but it's been used to shame and doxx victims of harassment or systemic injustice far too often.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    By that same logic, WB owes us their full report.
    Absolutely. I alluded to that in previous posts from a while back.

I have no idea on the agreement that WB and Fisher has reached, but there is no doubt in my mind that one of the most important things for WB there was a Non-Disclosure Agreement regarding the settlement and WB's report.

Also, the claims for full details is nearly always disingenous. It's used as a weapon to silence the people speaking up. I'm not saying you think that way right now, but it's been used to shame and doxx victims of harassment or systemic injustice far too often.
    Well, I can only go on what I know to be fact. Unless you pick sides based on whom you like or dislike and the heck with the evidence, what else can we do?

Well, I can only go on what I know to be fact. Unless you pick sides based on whom you like or dislike and the heck with the evidence, what else can we do?
    All solutions are imperfect here, and in reality everything comes down to trust. More details can increase trust in some cases, but it's not necessarily so. Also, after having witnessed a couple of public airings of grievances (of various justification), I think I can say with certainty that a full public airing is in and of itself a danger to everyone involved.

I think some of Fisher's tactics have been questionable. But I trusted him more than I trusted WB, especially after Momoa went right out and contradicted some of WB's attempted spin.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    All solutions are imperfect here, and in reality everything comes down to trust. More details can increase trust in some cases, but it's not necessarily so. Also, after having witnessed a couple of public airings of grievances (of various justification), I think I can say with certainty that a full public airing is in and of itself a danger to everyone involved.

I think some of Fisher's tactics have been questionable. But I trusted him more than I trusted WB, especially after Momoa went right out and contradicted some of WB's attempted spin.
    The problem is I can't trust anybody I don't know. There have been too many people I trusted from stories and testimonials in my 55 years, only to be fooled when the facts started to roll in. No, I'd rather trust people I do know (which isn't always foolproof, either ).

Extraordinary Member

And what's with his latest bit? Seems a bit petty and irrelevant to go one about something Whedon reportedly told him about Age of Ultron. Seems more like his hatred for Whedon is behind this stuff. Whether or not that dislike is warranted, I can't say, because Fisher won't say what it is. That said, every time he talks about it, it seems more and more like a case of sour grapes by a guy who felt entitled to be a big star. Guess no one ever told him that Harrison Ford, a guy who at one time had vastly more charisma and acting talent than Fisher likely will ever have, had been in Hollywood for ages, and was about to quit acting because he'd gone nowhere. I don't care what he thinks, no one is entitled to that status; you mostly have to earn it.

The problem is I can't trust anybody I don't know. There have been too many people I trusted from stories and testimonials in my 55 years, only to be fooled when the facts started to roll in. No, I'd rather trust people I do know (which isn't always foolproof, either ).
    And that's fine, as long as the principle is held both against the big names (in this case WB) and the small names (in this case Fisher).

Now, in this case, Warner Media did go out and say "remedial action has been taken". To me, it's case closed at this point: Fisher and others were treated badly during the JL reshoots.