Page 69 of 130 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1949
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Eliza Dushku is supporting Charisma

https://twitter.com/elizadushku/stat...58106483511300

That's almost all the major ones except Hannigan and Acker (so far).
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 02-11-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

While none of us were there, Whedon's treatment towards Carpenter as described could definitely be seen in court as having discriminatory intent and rising to the level of illegal conduct. He didn't just make nasty comments to another person in a vaccuum, he was outwardly hostile to someone who worked under him, whose schedule and pay and immediate career he had significant control over. It's quite scary how much control over our lives employers have, even in the best of times - it's quite hard to understate the impact this kind of behavior has in a workplace.

I’m kind of shocked of the people taking Whedon’s side. I’ve been a long time fan of the Buffyverse and if Whedon had such a problem with CC getting pregnant he very easily could have wrote her out of the second half of the season when the pregnancy was noticeable and had her back for season 5. But NO he chose to keep her around, verbally abuse her during a sensitive pregnancy, and then FIRE her.

That’s not how you treat someone that you’ve been working with for 7 years no matter WHAT they’ve done to you. But spoiler she didn’t do **** to him and was just going through a very natural part of adult life.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

My general rule of thumb with this kind of stuff is that I will give someone accused of something the benefit of the doubt unless there's really damning evidence against him.

When one person speaks up, it's a maybe, when multiple people start speaking up, it's no longer a matter of evidence for me. That guy did something bad. Not exactly precisely legal, but it works for my own personal judgement of the person.

Joss Whedon is a monster.

Ray Fisher should try and go over to Marvel to be part of a project over there.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    And yet Fisher STILL hasn't said exactly what he's upset about. I don't stand with anyone until I know where they stand, and we don't with Fisher. All Carpenter and the others did was confirm yet again what everyone already knew about Whedon. They know nothing about, and said nothing about whatever Fisher is on about with League, since they weren't there. The Avengers was probably a much more pleasant shoot than League, since Whedon wasn't called in at the last moment to completely change a nearly completed movie like he was in League. And of course it's again back to Whedon, with Johns, Berg, and whoever else Fisher is mad at this week seemingly forgotten about.
    he's made his point. I'm not giving Whedon a pass when there are over a dozen people speaking out against him. Many who garnered fame on shows he helped create.

He's demonstrated a pattern of abuse and has likely been enabled throughout his life. These people aren't speaking out for personal gain. And there are likely others.
    The J-man

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Fisher’s issue was Johns & Berg knowing Whedon was unprofessional and abusive and enabled it to go on.

It’s not like Fisher has been unclear on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Eliza Dushku is supporting Charisma

https://twitter.com/elizadushku/stat...58106483511300

That's almost all the major ones except Hannigan and Acker (so far).
    J August Richards as well.
    https://twitter.com/jaugustrichards/...546090497?s=19

Hannigan, Acker, Alexis Denisof are still being quiet and I cannot remember, has Seth Green said anything?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    J August Richards as well.
    https://twitter.com/jaugustrichards/...546090497?s=19

Hannigan, Acker, Alexis Denisof are still being quiet and I cannot remember, has Seth Green said anything?
    Not sure about Seth. But those last three are going to be interesting if we hear their take.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    he's made his point. I'm not giving Whedon a pass when there are over a dozen people speaking out against him. Many who garnered fame on shows he helped create.

He's demonstrated a pattern of abuse and has likely been enabled throughout his life. These people aren't speaking out for personal gain. And there are likely others.
    Sara has her own company that has products in stores including Starbucks. And she is doing He-Man on Netflix.
    Charisma has a production company.
    Michelle has a online show.
    I think one does "ADULT" content shows.

As long as Lifetime is around none of them will hurt for money.

It’s not like Fisher has been unclear on that point.
    What Fisher claims is not burying Wheldon-it's the Buffy women speaking out tossing the dirt.

Buffy has been off the air for 16 years. If all this was documented (as it SHOULD have been) and folks who were around back then were there when Justice League needed a new director. Why didn't they speak up?

Ray can be made at Berg and Johns all he likes but someone HIGHER up then those two had to approve that hire.

Eddie Berganza anybody???? Anybody???

20+ years at DC with his list of issues. I am sure Jenette Khan wanted him gone but couldn't do it herself. Same with Dan.

Ray wants to be made-start at the very top. Those folks at the top hear everything we hear. They have access to more information.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That new Michelle Tractenberg tweet kind of closes the lid on his career.
    You think so? I mean it sounds like she is implying something bad but should someone be cancelled for an implication? Why is it her last word on the topic?

I get it that Joss sounds like a dick to work for...for some people. I just haven't read anything yet that happened that required this level public outing. If he assaulted someone or said he would fire someone for not sleeping with them then I get it. But to drag someone through the mud online for dick head behavior seems too much. Like a lot of things these days.

Would everyone in this thread think it is fair if every bad thing they did or said (not criminal) was posted for everyone to see?
    Last edited by Hol; 02-12-2021 at 08:49 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    You think so? I mean it sounds like she is implying something bad but should someone be cancelled for an implication? Why is it her last word on the topic?
    Her word isn't the last word for me. If Whedon posts something to the effect that he emphatically denies any wrongdoing on his part and will be suing Michelle for libel, then we would be back to square one. Maybe that happens in the future, but I'm not holding my breath over that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What Fisher claims is not burying Wheldon-it's the Buffy women speaking out tossing the dirt.
    Has Ray posted anything about the new allegations?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Has Ray posted anything about the new allegations?
    Just that he wants to make sure they effect Hamada

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Not sure about Seth. But those last three are going to be interesting if we hear their take.
    I looked, as far as I can tell, Seth has been quiet and Marc Blucas doesnt have social media. But yeah I'm very interested in hearing from the other three
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe