Page 71 of 130 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1949

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I've always believed Fisher when his claims were simply that Whedon fostered a toxic workplace. Its pretty much everything and everyone else that he's then accused of wrongdoing that I've been skeptical on because of his cloak and dagger narratives. Johns for instance. To this date no one has corroborated anything about accusations of poor character on his part.
    I did think his claims against Whedon were probably exaggerated and simply the result of a high pressure workplace before all of this, but around the time that he said he was trying to protect Whedon from "being thrown under the bus" and expressed exasperation that Whedon was making it hard for him that I really felt he must either have ulterior motives or a skewed worldview.

James Marsters has weighed in
    C55DAA1A-0051-4BE6-8131-59A81860533B.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I did think his claims against Whedon were probably exaggerated and simply the result of a high pressure workplace before all of this, but around the time that he said he was trying to protect Whedon from "being thrown under the bus" and expressed exasperation that Whedon was making it hard for him that I really felt he must either have ulterior motives or a skewed worldview.
    The thing about Whedon being thrown under the bus was the clincher for me. That made no sense if Ray were only trying to rectify an industry wrong.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Noxon had caught hell for years for "ruining" BtVS, despite the fact that Joss still had final say over everything. And the most troubling idea, the attempted rape scene, came from him.

If he allowed her to be scapegoated so he could get credit for all the good and let her catch hell for the bad, I'm glad she's playing a part in taking him down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I disagree. I don't think because Joss Whedon is famous (using term loosely) that it means it is ok to drag him through the mud publicly.

People these days just feel so entitled to call people out publically. And to cancel them and destroy their lives. Just doesn't sit well with me.
    I get what you are saying. Heck I first viewed this as a witch hunt by Fisher to get back in that suit and that movie.

Now with all this other stuff-to ME Wheldon never should have been HIRED. Not just for Justice League but Avengers and any show AFTER Buffy or Angel.

We got a society that CHERRY PICKS and ENABLES behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Fisher’s issue was Johns & Berg knowing Whedon was unprofessional and abusive and enabled it to go on.

It’s not like Fisher has been unclear on that point.
    No, he changed version, he claimed that Johns threatened his career, some time later changed version and claimed that Johns was a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ray Fisher should try and go over to Marvel to be part of a project over there.
    After his allegations about Johns, Feige will never even answer to his call.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-12-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Honestly I've been looking at my pull list today and it may be one or two titles less than it has been the past few years, especially after the past few days which have left me in a position I don't think I can justify continuing to support the Boom Studios Buffy books which have Joss attached in some kind of ambiguous advisory-ish role.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

One of the Writers of Firefly has now come forward

54DC15AB-20BC-49AB-A747-CF238BCAB510.jpg
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Noxon had caught hell for years for "ruining" BtVS, despite the fact that Joss still had final say over everything. And the most troubling idea, the attempted rape scene, came from him.

If he allowed her to be scapegoated so he could get credit for all the good and let her catch hell for the bad, I'm glad she's playing a part in taking him down.
    In fairness, he did step up and say all those things she got blamed for were ultimately his decisions and would not have been on the air had he not okayed them. He did that right after the show ended. Doesn't excuse anything else, of course.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

I think people who were doubting him had reasonable doubt--mainly because of the lack of specifics and the argument that he was inexperienced had some sway--the idea that "he didn't know how things were supposed to be" on a big studio film had merit to me.

In hindsight the "he didn't know how things were supposed to be" was exactly right--and that's why he was right. Sometimes you need that outsider's perspective. There are tons of people who are in an abusive relationship and have no idea they're in an abusive relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Just that he wants to make sure they effect Hamada
    a couple tweets every few days
    I dont think his intention are quite clear to his followers however, they dont seem to be targeting Johns anymore but Hamada or, better yet WB/HBOMAX in it entirety
    I say he has 4 weeks left to drop any bombs, since public interest will wane after the films drops and has been seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    a couple tweets every few days
    I dont think his intention are quite clear to his followers however, they dont seem to be targeting Johns anymore but Hamada or, better yet WB/HBOMAX in it entirety
    I say he has 4 weeks left to drop any bombs, since public interest will wane after the films drops and has been seen.
    whatever his intentions. Hamada will stay on board.
    Besides WB will prefer not to make movies than having Ray back.
    Going after WB is madness, they already made it clear, time to move on.

Nicholas Brendon showed up on a Facebook live saying he does have further details to share but he needs a little time before he does for 2 reasons:

1. It's personal and affects people he cares about deeply.
    2. He's suffering from a Back injury
    Pull List:

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    After his allegations about Johns, Feige will never even answer to his call.
    It would be risky, that's for sure. Yeah, I assume Marvel wouldn't mind sticking it to WB/DC, but it would be kind of like inviting the wolf into the hen house.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?