Page 41 of 130 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    And what's with his latest bit? Seems a bit petty and irrelevant to go one about something Whedon reportedly told him about Age of Ultron. Seems more like his hatred for Whedon is behind this stuff. Whether or not that dislike is warranted, I can't say, because Fisher won't say what it is. That said, every time he talks about it, it seems more and more like a case of sour grapes by a guy who felt entitled to be a big star. Guess no one ever told him that Harrison Ford, a guy who at one time had vastly more charisma and acting talent than Fisher likely will ever have, had been in Hollywood for ages, and was about to quit acting because he'd gone nowhere. I don't care what he thinks, no one is entitled to that status; you mostly have to earn it.
    My gut says Fisher was treated shabbily by Whedon, but haven't many of us here been treated poorly by our bosses, too? Unless Ray gives us something more than what the average person has experienced, he's not going to get any traction with his charges, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    And what's with his latest bit? Seems a bit petty and irrelevant to go one about something Whedon reportedly told him about Age of Ultron. Seems more like his hatred for Whedon is behind this stuff. Whether or not that dislike is warranted, I can't say, because Fisher won't say what it is. That said, every time he talks about it, it seems more and more like a case of sour grapes by a guy who felt entitled to be a big star. Guess no one ever told him that Harrison Ford, a guy who at one time had vastly more charisma and acting talent than Fisher likely will ever have, had been in Hollywood for ages, and was about to quit acting because he'd gone nowhere. I don't care what he thinks, no one is entitled to that status; you mostly have to earn it.
    Heck we can all name folks who were ready to quit because their career was not going the way it was.

The issue with Ray's generation is nobody tells them what they NEED to hear and to play victim.

Ray can be bitter all he likes but that is HIS issue.

Edit.................
    Last edited by Iconic; 12-22-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Edit:
    I had a few replies written out but then thought better of it. None of this is my business. The issue is being resolved. I’m not entitled to any information. Case closed.
    Last edited by Iconic; 12-22-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Does anyone have a run down of Joss Whedon's crimes?
    No one, to my knowledge, has accused Whedon of any serious crimes. He's been accused of being "unprofessional, abusive, and disgusting". Essentially, he's being called out for treating people very badly and getting away with it because he wielded power in Hollywood. In addition to Fisher, Mamoa, and Gadot, Charisma Carpenter, James Marsters, and some former Buffy producers have told stories of their problems with Whedon. Some were more specific than others. There's also the circumstances of his divorce, which also don't paint Whedon in the kindest of lights.

On the other hand, you've got guys like Alan Tudyk, who have gone to bat for Whedon and said that he's a mensch. Who knows what the truth is, since I would guess none of us have ever met or worked with Whedon. I'm sure, like with too many people working in Hollywood, Whedon's been a great guy to some and been pretty crummy to others.

What matters here is whether or not this kind of behavior is allowed to continue by the studios because talented guys like Whedon make them a lot of money. The days of producers, directors, and stars being able to get away with acting like @$#holes because they're valuable to the corporations that employ them is slowly coming to an end.

From what we've heard thus far, nothing Whedon did even comes close to the actual crimes that guys like Weinstein, Spacey, and too many others have been accused of, but that doesn't mean that people should be allowed to get away with acting terribly as long as they don't break any laws.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    My gut says Fisher was treated shabbily by Whedon, but haven't many of us here been treated poorly by our bosses, too? Unless Ray gives us something more than what the average person has experienced, he's not going to get any traction with his charges, IMO.
    He's already gotten traction by his initial public remarks, which prompted Warner to start an investigation. When Fisher went public again with his claims that this investigation was not being conducted by an impartial third-party and Warner got caught lying about Mamoa starring in a film produced by Berg & Johns, they restarted the investigation with an outside agency. And this investigation concluded that "remedial action" was justified.

Again, none of this means that everything Fisher believes is necessarily true, but there's more to indicate that what he was correct in calling this out publicly than for him to have remained silent after trying and failing to get this resolved quietly through Warner's HR department.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    He's already gotten traction by his initial public remarks, which prompted Warner to start an investigation. When Fisher went public again with his claims that this investigation was not being conducted by an impartial third-party and Warner got caught lying about Mamoa starring in a film produced by Berg & Johns, they restarted the investigation with an outside agency. And this investigation concluded that "remedial action" was justified.

Again, none of this means that everything Fisher believes is necessarily true, but there's more to indicate that what he was correct in calling this out publicly than for him to have remained silent after trying and failing to get this resolved quietly through Warner's HR department.
    If he doesn't have a career after this, then he has failed. That's what Ray really wants, not to become a forgotten trailblazer. When you're small potatoes, sometimes silence is the way to go until you have established yourself.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Edited again. Just...wow.
    Last edited by Iconic; 12-22-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Edited again. Just...wow.
    I feel like I know what you want to say and what you keep editing.

I've only watched and raised my eyebrows at these comments and left the thread ...or I could be wrong and projecting on what you think.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I feel like I know what you want to say and what you keep editing.

I've only watched and raised my eyebrows at these comments and left the thread ...or I could be wrong and projecting on what you think.
    You already know...

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If he doesn't have a career after this, then he has failed. That's what Ray really wants, not to become a forgotten trailblazer. When you're small potatoes, sometimes silence is the way to go until you have established yourself.
    And how do you know what Fisher really wants exactly? It's been awhile since I had magical CBR Mod powers, but I don't remember telepathy being one of them

Seriously, you think Fisher should have remained silent after learning that others in the cast and crew experienced unacceptable behavior? That's how systematic problems continue to fester, not how you solve them.

Seeing how we don't have all the puzzle pieces, is there really any point to speculating on the motives of anyone at this juncture? An investigation was made, they seem to think that something needs to be resolved, and Fisher seems content with the results so far. Not nearly enough to go pointing fingers or anything.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

And how do you know what Fisher really wants exactly? It's been awhile since I had magical CBR Mod powers, but I don't remember telepathy being one of them

Seriously, you think Fisher should have remained silent after learning that others in the cast and crew experienced unacceptable behavior? That's how systematic problems continue to fester, not how you solve them.
    We have some ideas of what Fisher wants, he wants a cameo role in the Flash movie and to destroy the careers of anyone who he things wronged him on Justice League. You don't need to be psychic to gather that much from his words and actions.

Nobody is saying that, temporarily getting everything in order before speaking is not a bad decision - I wouldn't Fisher blurting out every single detail of what he's going to do against WB is helping him, all that is broadcast his moves for everyone to see and make sure WB is even more ready for whatever he does next. Completely ignoring how these things go only hurt Fisher in this, it's like he completely ignored the procedure with #MeToo accusations.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 12-23-2020 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    We have some ideas of what Fisher wants, he wants a journey role in the Flash movie and to destroy the careers of anyone who he things wronged him on Justice League. You don't need to be psychic to gather that much from his words and actions.
    Those are some pretty big assumptions you are making based upon very few facts here. Your certainty over this continues to baffle me.

Astonishing Member

Those are some pretty big assumptions you are making based upon very few facts here. Your certainty over this continues to baffle me.
    These things Fisher hasn't been shy about, like I said you don't have to be psychic to get that intent. I'm just as confused about why your supporting him so stubbornly, despite his constant f*ck-ups and lack of credibility. What's confusing is how he goes about this, not what his motives are.