Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
Berganza’s also an issue for Johns, seeing as Berganza was the one who recruited him and gave him his initial gigs. Odds are Johns was a major force in Berganza being kept on after the first time stuff came out
I don't know if we could make that jump yet. Berganza was kept around before Johns was even big at DC, unless we also assume some of the people Berganza had dirt on was Johns.
I like/liked Johns stuff, but if even half the accusations (Fisher and Tucker, as well as Nelson and Ritesh Babu alluding to worse stuff comics side) are true; I’d be totally ok with blacklisting him and burning each and every character/concept he has a credit for out of DC; if only as an example/warning to others
If any of it is true and Johns acted improperly, then I would like him to apologize and for proper punishment to be meted out and he probably shouldn't work at DC anymore. The fact that he still is to some extent seems to indicate WB/DC didn't find anything worth firing him for, but that might change.

As far his characters/concepts, I don't think you can wholesale put a genie back in the bottle there with how many DC properties he's touched or expanded on.
Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Why would they. Johns is not their boss or co-worker anymore, an actor has been calling him a racist every day for a year, he was under investigation, now THR published what for the lack of a better phrase could be called a "hit piece" partially accentuated on him. Why would any comic creator put their ass on the line for someone they likely haven't had any contact with for years. I imagine they wouldn't want bad publicity for themselves too. "Social media" destroys lives and they know that. Go ask Jae Lee.
This makes it sound like Johns has literally no friends .