Page 114 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1949
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Rege just confirmed what was in the article on Twitter
    So John is kinda screwed from here through June 20th
    Except he didn't confirm anything, so it's still he said-he said.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Rege just confirmed what was in the article on Twitter
    So John is kinda screwed from here through June 20th
    I don't think the issue was whether it was true or not, but I feel like Johns is getting singled out for something more common in casting for these properties.

Which I guess is still a conversation that is necessary to have, but I don't think it's a means of convicting Johns.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I suspect the body count list in the next crisis is going to have a rather interesting commonality.
    AKA all Geoff Johns characters...? Considering it would include women and POC, some in high profile DC projects, I kind of doubt it.

Unless it's just wishful thinking .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the issue was whether it was true or not, but I feel like Johns is getting singled out for something more common in casting for these properties.

Which I guess is still a conversation that is necessary to have, but I don't think it's a means of convicting Johns.

AKA all Geoff Johns characters...? Considering it would include women and POC, some in high profile DC projects, I kind of doubt it.

Given king of hybrids' earlier statement supporting a targeted culling of all Johns-created characters and concepts from the DCU in service of making Johns an object lesson, I'd say yes, it is definitely wishful thinking on KOH's part.

ugh. Glad this news is getting out
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I suspect the body count list in the next crisis is going to have a rather interesting commonality.
    Yeah they’re going to kill off Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Barry Allen, Clark Kent, Hal Jordan, Bruce Wayne, Arthur Curry, Stargirl, Michael Holt Mr. Terrific, the JSA, the Legion of Superheroes, the Justice League, Seven Soldiers, Shazam and all of his adopted siblings, Cyborg, and everyone else that Johns has either created or had a major impact on which comes out to 90% of the DCU when it’s all said and done.

The whole goddamn reason Hamada wanted Ray to stop going after Johns was Johns has literally had a major impact on pretty much EVERY corner of the DCU and now DC is in a tight spot. He’s the one who has created a lot of the PoC characters, they’re drawing heavily on his work for their movies and TV shows, they can’t really cut him off. At best they might cancel that Stargirl one shot and remove him from their TV stuff, but Johns was already “demoted” and WB is in no hurry to give Ray any more clout than what he already has. This idea that they’re going to murder and erase everything Johns did is crazy talk.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-07-2021 at 05:27 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Any director who would give an actor a hard time over their acting abilities (not that I find Gal a bad actress, FWIW) shouldn't be directing. How would that in any way be productive? The bad actor would suddenly become Marlon Brando or Meryl Streep?
    Wait... what?

That's pretty much the definition of directing. "Cut, Let's try it again with more emotion" Is literally giving an actor a hard time over their acting abilities. The only one I remember doing everything in one take because it was 'perfect' was Ed Wood and he's one of the worst directors of all time.

I'm sure there's a good way and a bad way to do it... but if the actor can't take direction... then what do you think the Director is even there for? He's also not the first director who wanted the lines spoken the way he wrote them. Sometimes actor input is great... sometimes not, but that's usually a personality thing. Lucas was famous for that. No improve, just do it as it was written. Whedon has a specific 'voice' to his lines... i can see him trying to preserve that.

Heck... as much cgi as is used now days, 'director' may not even be a thing in the future... The movie can be made by the special effects and editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah, anybody betting money on that happening is going to lose big.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Wait... what?

That's pretty much the definition of directing. "Cut, Let's try it again with more emotion" Is literally giving an actor a hard time over their acting abilities. The only one I remember doing everything in one take because it was 'perfect' was Ed Wood and he's one of the worst directors of all time.
    That's not what I referenced at all. What you posted is not the same thing as telling an actor he or she stinks. Giving an actor direction (which good actors get, BTW) is more than fine, but ridiculing them isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Wait... what?

That's pretty much the definition of directing.
    Wait... what?

I don't direct films but I do direct plays for a living and being hard on an actor is the number one best way to make them worse. It is literally never a way to make them better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That's not what I referenced at all. What you posted is not the same thing as telling an actor he or she stinks. Giving an actor direction (which good actors get, BTW) is more than fine, but ridiculing them isn't.
    Yes, pretty much this. And giving line readings are frowned upon for very good reason as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Yes, pretty much this. And giving line readings are frowned upon for very good reason as well.
    As someone who directs for a living, I'm glad you agree with me.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    GL:TAS was okay. It was never on the same level as the other DC animated shows. It doesn't have the lasting power of the DCAU or 2003 Teen Titans which has a huge fanbase to this day. If it was that good, DC would have green lit a new season like they did for Young Justice.
    The cost of the CGI and the failure of the movie is why GL: TAS never got a second season. It had nothing to do with the quality of the show itself, which even Timm admits is amongst the best things he's ever worked on.

Honestly, it's looking like the only way to make this go away is to fire Johns and Hamada and hire new people who still won't hire Snyder to make a DC film. Either Fisher stops complaining (except when he won't be cast by them again, of course) or he finds some way to connect these new people to his same complaints and it becomes blatantly obvious to everybody that it wasn't a principled stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Honestly, it's looking like the only way to make this go away is to fire Johns and Hamada and hire new people who still won't hire Snyder to make a DC film. Either Fisher stops complaining (except when he won't be cast by them again, of course) or he finds some way to connect these new people to his same complaints and it becomes blatantly obvious to everybody that it wasn't a principled stand.
    Fisher won't stop until he gets to play Cyborg again regardless of who is in charge. The Dalai Lama could replace Hamada tomorrow and Ray would be tweeting crap about him instead.

If they fired Hamada & Johns but didn’t bring Fisher back it would look like they’re admitting he was correct but still punishing him for speaking out. So I’m betting they’re just going to bunker down and ignore the drama on social media. The hashtags won’t go away but the fools made their bed when they greenlit the SC in the first place.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/