Page 91 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1949
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At this point you’re either on his side or not. He doesn’t have any evidence or he would have posted it. I’m not going to shed any tears over Hamada either way.
    What part of Hamada was NOT working for Warner Brothers does nobody seem to get? He was working on other movies for another company at the time Justice League was being made.

So where would he have time to enable Johns? Not while the movie was being made or tanking in theaters. He was hired after the fact.

I agree, but at the same time, I have to imagine after the snyder cut a lot less people will bother to check on whatever Ray's saying. Hamada,Johns etc just need to ride this out and people will eventually stop caring about his tweets when Ray doesn't have any roles.
    Wrong. As we saw with that Lois and Clark writer-folks will find a way to keep using Ray to go after those guys. And don't think folks from OTHER projects won't pile on to target the WB. Remember Riverdale is not a happy place either.

WB keeps falling for it and he somehow manages to look like he always has an answer for what they throw at him.
    Will he have WORK? Other studios are not going to put up with this mess.

They do not want their projects being bogged down by petty behavior. Especially the House of Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Fisher is WAY past the "put up or shut up" phase IMO.
    So much for a>e.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So I really doubt this will die down on its own after the Snyder Cut. Even if WB chooses not to do anything about Johns or Hamada, Ray will just keep pushing it until one day a bunch of people who participated in the JL investigation decide to publicly speak out like Carpenter and co. did about Whedon. And we all know that nowadays, once you have strength in numbers, the accused's career is done.
    Which assumes that there is something behind these accusations. Frankly, I think that Fisher's accusations against Johns and Hamada aren't supposed to hold up, they're just out here so that somebody with a legitimate complaint will feel like joining in. It worked with Whedon, even if Ray was trying to "protect" him at the time, but it hasn't borne fruit with Johns or Hamada

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Which assumes that there is something behind these accusations. Frankly, I think that Fisher's accusations against Johns and Hamada aren't supposed to hold up, they're just out here so that somebody with a legitimate complaint will feel like joining in. It worked with Whedon, even if Ray was trying to "protect" him at the time, but it hasn't borne fruit with Johns or Hamada
    To me, it sounds like there is nothing there beyond a vengeful Fisher, pissed at not being the big star he was promised, largely ignorant of filming practice, and encountering a stressed beyond belief and unfortunately obnoxious Whedon, throwing the accusations out there that he thought would have a chance of tarring those he accused in the current climate. Basically, I think it's just him acting out his rage without there being anything substantive to back it up. If there was, he would have come up with it. He thought he could blackmail WB into making him that star, (after all, it seems his role was greatly reduced under Whedon, and he seems to be very angry at that), is where I'm at now. And when that didn't work, it became vengeance. That's my take on his actions, in any event. He's welcome to refute that with both actual accusations of specific thing, along with evidence to back up his claims.....but somehow I doubt he will.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Tell that to Ray not to me. I'm merely pointing out why he attacks Hamada. According to him Hamada tried to protect Johns by throwing the others under the bus, he said in one of his IG videos that after he first presented the issue, Hamada told him he worked with Johns on Shazam and he thought Geoff wasn't capable of doing what Fisher was accusing him of. Then tried to persuade him from holding him accountable by saying that creative differences always happen on a movie set and that it was a producer's job to protect the director, and finally that what Ray was asking from him to take it to Warner Media so they can launch an independent 3rd party investigation was above his pay grade. Basically Ray accuses him of not taking his complaints seriously, then trying to protect Johns, then lying to him that he couldn't get things moving. And according to Ray if he hadn't "outargued" him, Hamada would've gotten his way and the investigation would've been somehow compromised. Unless I'm missing something or getting something wrong, I believe those are the primary reasons he claims Hamada is unfit for his position.
    Wait, when did all this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    From what I remember, I never been in the discussion, but I was on the sidelines looking at the arguments from both sides. The black community has a right to question the physical characteristics. Cyborg isn't some character, he's promoted as DC's number 1 black hero. So of course fans of color are going to be a little critical if they feel that the character is missing something when compared to the other white heroes. I'm sure a lot want to see themselves as these characters, but they don't want to go through tragedies that causes mutilation, while the white heroes doesn't suffer from that. They would feel left out. There's nothing wrong with any fans having this kind of discussion. I'm sure if John Stewart and Cyborg was on the team, I don't think there would hardly be any complaints.
    Then they should've complained about it when the character was introduced in the 80s.

And who the heck is reading superhero comics and doesn't understand some heroes go through tragedies to get their powers. DC has Metamorpho and Marvel has the Thing who are in the same position as Victor.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That sounds a little conspiracy theory-minded, although, seeing how Fisher's campaign is losing credibility the longer it goes on (and Snyder didn't exactly do his own any favors by associating with Grace Randolph), I don't blame people for wondering if there's more going on. Heck, when Fisher first started speaking against Joss Whedon after the Snyder Cut was announced, it did kinda feel like he was trying to get revenge for Snyder being removed from the project.
    I'm telling you, I know someone personally who publicly badmouthed Johns and then got a call from Zack's people asking if he wanted to meet Zack.
    When I asked this contact if he'd heard of the Superman reboot, he said Snyder told him it was just WB screwing with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wait, when did all this happen?
    Apparently last year when he first contacted Hamada about asking WB to launch an investigation on the JL reshoots.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Tell that to Ray not to me. I'm merely pointing out why he attacks Hamada.
    He attacks Hamada because he's the biggest obstacle for getting his career back on track, which I believe is now a futile endeavor at this point.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I'm telling you, I know someone personally who publicly badmouthed Johns and then got a call from Zack's people asking if he wanted to meet Zack.
    When I asked this contact if he'd heard of the Superman reboot, he said Snyder told him it was just WB screwing with everyone.
    The hell does that even mean? Is this another Frosty the Snowman lmao? WB is playing with fire there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    He attacks Hamada because he's the biggest obstacle for getting his career back on track, which I believe is now a futile endeavor at this point.
    It was a futile endeavor from the beginning. Apparently iirc this whole thing was kicked off by Fisher only getting offered a cameo role in Flash with no promise of a movie. They made a counteroffer which WB passed on and that’s when Fisher went public. Not saying he did this solely for clout, but I think when he realized, like Cavill, that there was no chance of him getting a solo that’s when he decided to go public.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The hell does that even mean? Is this another Frosty the Snowman lmao? WB is playing with fire there.
    I still don't think that the "fake Frosty" story holds together. You don't make a public bribe announcement before you get it accepted, Momoa wouldn't have waited two and a half months to call the movie fake, and we just haven't seen gaslighting on this scale before, but the alternate scenario, Momoa accepting a movie and then publically calling it fake without WB fighting back, is equally hard to believe

So I really doubt this will die down on its own after the Snyder Cut.
    If Snyder Cut is good (by that I mean that people who like Snyder movies like it) then it will just add more fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If Snyder Cut is good (by that I mean that people who like Snyder movies like it) then it will just add more fuel to the fire.
    It’s ending on a cliffhanger and they’ve already started tweeting #RestoreTheSnyderverse

Hamada and Emmerich have many more stressful days ahead of them. Not that I care, let the suits suffers.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

It’s ending on a cliffhanger and they’ve already started tweeting #RestoreTheSnyderverse

Hamada and Emmerich have many more stressful days ahead of them. Not that I care, let the suits suffers.
    They won't. And I doubt they're giving that hashtag a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    They won't. And I doubt they're giving that hashtag a second thought.
    They definitely care about what happens on Twitter, everyone does these days as dumb as it is. Snyder has said the suits were complaining to him that they couldn’t put out anything on social media without a horde of Snyder fans harassing them.

They definitely care about what happens on Twitter, everyone does these days as dumb as it is. Snyder has said the suits were complaining to him that they couldn’t put out anything on social media without a horde of Snyder fans harassing them.
    A fact which he leveraged to get $70 million out of Warner Brothers.