Page 87 of 130 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1949

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    simply because he doesn't like Johns, "the backstabber" according to the randolph lies. Been repeating dislike towards Johns in various posts.

That all this would not end, not sure, The investigator has put Ray in bad light.
    Well, about a week back I noted that this can be traced back to Snyder, himself. He gets close to people with platforms on YouTube and sends them on the attack against his enemies. Fisher, Randolph, and other YouTube personalities are soldiers in his war against WB.

Fisher tried to detract attention from the announcement of the new Supergirl, and now he's doing it Coates and a possible black Superman. It has nothing to do with diversity casting; most DC projects cast against type.
    This is about Snyder (and by extension) Fisher being reduced to irrelevance at DC Films by Walter Hamada.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    First of all, we talking about the live-action movies which we KNOW has nothing to do with comic sales. Scarlet Witch can't hold down a solo book but WandaVision is the most talked about TV show on streaming right now.

Second of all, you don't get to call an entire community crazy if they have a problem with something. I personally don't give a damn about Cyborg's genitals but there's definitely a conversation to be had about why he was chosen as the token black JL member in the New 52.
    Cyborg was chosen as a JL member because he's a favorite of Geoff Johns. Also, he was the last one at the kids' table (Tern Titans). All the other Titans in his cohort had graduated to JL membership. He didn't get the honor until the New 52.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Cyborg was chosen as a JL member because he's a favorite of Geoff Johns. Also, he was the last one at the kids' table (Tern Titans). All the other Titans in his cohort had graduated to JL membership. He didn't get the honor until the New 52.
    The irony that Geoff is the reason Cyborg was even a justice league member and now all this has happened is kinda funny.

Well, about a week back I noted that this can be traced back to Snyder, himself. He gets close to people with platforms on YouTube and sends them on the attack against his enemies. Fisher, Randolph, and other YouTube personalities are soldiers in his war against WB.

Fisher tried to detract attention from the announcement of the new Supergirl, and now he's doing it Coates and a possible black Superman. It has nothing to do with diversity casting; most DC projects cast against type.
    This is about Snyder (and by extension) Fisher being reduced to irrelevance at DC Films by Walter Hamada.
    You couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I wouldn't doubt Johns isn't conscious of this at all because he's for the majority of his career avoided using minority heroes.
    I wouldn't say Geoff has avoided minority characters. Geoff brought characters like Black Adam and Michael Holt to prominence. I'd argue that Mr. Terrific hasnt had it better under anyone not named Geoff Johns. He expanded the JSA to include characters like Jakeem Thunder, Judomaster, and Amazing Man.
    He created Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, the former becoming pretty popular with fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The irony that Geoff is the reason Cyborg was even a justice league member and now all this has happened is kinda funny.
    Eh, I think as long as Ray Fisher was part of the main cast the same thing would've happened regardless of who he was playing. He could've been a raceswapped Barry Allen or John Stewart and the situation would be the same.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-28-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Coats just left Twitter over trolling.

While Ray did not start it-him mentioning Black Superman could not have helped things.

Folks are mad that this hiring is overshadowing Ray and the writer fired from CW's Superman show over racism.
    Oh, now something racist happened on Superman and Lois?
    If this has to do with a certain writer, I can't see where her problems with the show lay from the pilot. It was pretty damn good.

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't say Geoff has avoided minority characters. Geoff brought characters like Black Adam and Michael Holt to prominence. I'd argue that Mr. Terrific hasnt had it better under anyone not named Geoff Johns. He expanded the JSA to include characters like Jakeem Thunder, Judomaster, and Amazing Man.
    He created Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, the former becoming pretty popular with fans.
    Well, you know, except for all that...

besides introducing Jackson as Aqualad

For some reason the MINUTE the rumors of a black Superman came out I sensed that Fisher was going to make it about him. For some reason... I really can't rock with his tactics anymore.

Maybe if he actually called out Hollywood tokenism in a meaningful way then I wouldn't be bothered, but with these vague comments he just sounds bitter and is potentially drawing negativity to other black people/ POC trying to make something of themselves at DC.

I'm somewhat disappointed that I jumped to his defense when he alluded to Johns whitesplaining to him on set, because I think that's an experience that a lot of us go through. Now I'm seeing that he's really just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks and garners the most sympathy.

I truly hope that this man finds the resolution that he desires, because this ongoing trainwreck cannot be good for his health.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 02-28-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Didn't Cyborg join the team previously during the Robinson run? Granted, he was more high profile in Geoff's run. Also, he was a member of the Superfriends during that show's final season and Geoff's the right age for that show to have made an impact on him.

Honestly, at this point I'm feeling like Fisher is proof that someone can both be legitimately victimized and still be a toxic a-hole. They aren't mutually exclusive.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I don't know. If the New 52 had been created 17 years ago, John Stewart would have been in the JL instead due to his popularity. As the lead of his own shown, Static would have been an even more popular pick, but utilizing him might have been a problem even then. Vic just lucked out being a little more popular by the time the reboot came to be.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    besides introducing Jackson as Aqualad

And Solstice (before Lobdell ruined the character).

Ultimate Member

Oh, now something racist happened on Superman and Lois?
    If this has to do with a certain writer, I can't see where her problems with the show lay from the pilot. It was pretty damn good.
    The pilot to the show was already done before the rest of the staff got hired.

Which is something that happens on most shows.

That is why the tone sometimes changes in later episodes.

She claimed the guy in charge told her there were no black folks in Canada and that is why they were not hiring black actors.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/ex-superman-fisher-jl-case/

"I can't say I felt heard. Todd Helbing told me we'd have to ship Black people in cause there aren't many in Canada"
    1 million black folks live in Canada.

Degrassi for almost 40 years had ZERO issues finding black Canadians.
    Power Ranger SPD & Dino Thunder didn't either.
    Nor Total Drama Island or any animated show.
    Nor the Famous Jett Jackson or any live action Disney Show.
    Nor Nickelodeon's live action shows.

Didn't Cyborg join the team previously during the Robinson run?
    Yes

Static would have been an even more popular pick, but utilizing him might have been a problem even then.
    McDuffie said that could have been worked out better if DC was more HONEST in what they wanted. If they wanted to use Static only-it would have been CHEAPER in legal fee than trying to get everybody at Milestone to only hear writers like Gail Simone be DENIED usage of them. Even Supergirl's writer wanted Static for a team before he jumped ship.

And Solstice (before Lobdell ruined the character).
    Solstice is not a Geoff Johns character.
    She was created by J.T Krull with Nicola Scott.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.