The problem I can foresee with Fisher's statement about Whedon's exit from The Nevers is that Fisher really put himself on the line there with no proof to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Fisher Twitter
have no intention of allowing Joss Whedon to use the old Hollywood tactic of “exiting”, “stepping down”, or “walking away” to cover for his terrible behavior.

WarnerMedia’s JL investigation has been in full swing for over 3 weeks now.

This is undoubtedly a result of it.

A>E

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...72638516142082

Saying "undoubtedly" is not just expressing an opinion; it's making a concrete statement of fact. However, Fisher cannot know exactly what went down behind the scenes. Even if he heard gossip about it, it's just hearsay. If Whedon has a mind to, he can really use this to undermine Fisher's whole campaign against him.

This could come back to bite Fisher at a time when his credibility should not be called into question. Fisher should have played it smart and softened his statement to something like "I wouldn't be surprised if Whedon left because of the investigation." Notice how CBR's own headline added the word "believes." Those qualifying words can save a lot of heartache, legally speaking.

And, as for Ben Affleck's silence on the Fisher matter discussed above, I don't think it's as simple as Affleck being silent during the Weinstein reign of terror.

Remember, Affleck has his own #metoo incident that he's lucky has been forgotten about -- when he squeezed Hilary Burton's tit on live television.

I'm sure (in the "opinion" sense) that Affleck doesn't want his name anywhere near any type of misconduct investigation so that his own past doesn't get dredged up again.