Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1949
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    This is right, particularly with regards to the face.

Lots of versions have had really good body-designs and logos, from Young Justice to other Boursassa designs.

Depending on how his powers work, the YJ facial design might be fine too.

His powers should work like the Rebirth version, where almost every cell of his body is cybernetic. That level of self-mastery actually explains the logo-- It's just a form of self-expression, since that's what other heroes in the DCU do and since he wants to be recognized.

If his powers work like that, you can just use the Young Justice design. Age him up if you feel like you have to.

If there's a tragic period for him it should be when he's still mastering his powers, like most other heroes.

The internal conflict can pop up in ways besides looks. He can still question how much agency he has (like the DCEU), still deal with his father's expectations, still deal with the loss of his mother, still deal with government security fears, deal with atheism (since he died and was reborn), etc. In terms of father-son dynamics and being a hometown hero, you can always look at Creed as a blueprint.

Then you move on to making him smart and entertaining to read, develop his mythos, etc. You can have this character humorously fighting Kaiju in Japan one minute and then seriously engage in conversations on technological development and what that means for the world (like Black Mirror). You can cover telemedicine, police surveillance, etc. That's what 90% of the book (or whatever medium the story is set in) should be--fun and thought provoking.
    *applauds*

The Smallville clip and the first image are how i see Cyborg. Until media pushes *that* version of Cyborg i'll still be rooting for the character at arms length (but i'd buy a solo title!).
    Don't complain. Create.

Astonishing Member

I’m inclined to side with Fisher at this point.

The SM&L thing, the evil plan of Stargirl and the rumblings about him for years do not give Johns much credibility in this

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    This needs to be posted on every page of a Vic Stone Cyborg thread. It’s perfect for the “I don’t see color” & the “he’s so inspirational” crowd.

It’s so grotesque to see it done in reverse like this. It’s so obvious that it’s tone deaf and wrong.
    Nailed it.

If one grew up with that and accepted it because "that's all you had" .. God Bless You.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Young Justice Cyborg only lost his left arm and the left part of his torso and face. Maybe this is more acceptable? I don't know, i never knew some people felt this way about him.

Speaking personally , although this opinion is shared by *many* i've spoken to online and off, if the face plate was removed from Cyborg ( in Young Justice and all other interpretations of the character) they'd be *far* more accepting and would embrace the character more.

I look at the Marvels characters Vision with the gem in his forehead , Bishop with the attractive tattoo over an eye or Cable with the singular glowing (on occasion) eye and it's CLEAR that you can make Cyborg what the fans are asking for while also paying homage to his outdated classic look.

Ditch the faceplate & showcase Cyborgs ability to morph between techno bits and being fully human as Cyborg writer David Walker showed in his Cyborg run and the fan base would be happy.
    Don't complain. Create.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m inclined to side with Fisher at this point.

The SM&L thing, the evil plan of Stargirl and the rumblings about him for years do not give Johns much credibility in this
    Evil plan of Stargirl????

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea what this means. From everything I've heard, the production of Stargirl was pretty smooth. My guess would be that a lot of that could be attributed to the lessons Johns learned of what not to do during the hellish Justice League production

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...079528448?s=20

Now he’s coming for the investigator.
    Something is seriously wrong with this guy. Fisher seems REALLY difficult to work with, and I wouldn't be surprised if he alienated everyone else on set.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    One of the things that bothers me most about Whedon is Tractenberg, (probably misspelled that, sorry, I'm a terrible speller and horrible with names). She was unless I miss my guess a minor at the time. What on Earth did Whedon do to get banned from being alone with her, and why was he not instantly fired and arrested if he did anything grave enough for that response to a minor?
    People who worked there have since clarified that this was not an HR rule, it was just the crew looking out for her. So nothing criminal just him being a rude, abusive ******* to a minor. Like I could go right now to a middle school and start yelling at children that they're pieces of ****, but that's not actually against the law, it's just me being an ******* that won't be allowed on their property anymore

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Good points made earlier on NDA's, but I wonder if a lot of the info Fisher has is second-hand from staff that he'd want to avoid outing. Shouldn't stop him from talking about his own personal experiences though. If Momoa backs him, then it's likely conduct Fisher was around for and received directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is he referring to the weird left-liberal evil plan the ISA had?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Is he referring to the weird left-liberal evil plan the ISA had?
    The part where the ISA were planning to create the perfect America at the expense of brainwashing and killing half the population?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The part where the ISA were planning to create the perfect America at the expense of brainwashing and killing half the population?
    That's my guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Speaking personally , although this opinion is shared by *many* i've spoken to online and off, if the face plate was removed from Cyborg ( in Young Justice and all other interpretations of the character) they'd be *far* more accepting and would embrace the character more.

I look at the Marvels characters Vision with the gem in his forehead , Bishop with the attractive tattoo over an eye or Cable with the singular glowing (on occasion) eye and it's CLEAR that you can make Cyborg what the fans are asking for while also paying homage to his outdated classic look.

Ditch the faceplate & showcase Cyborgs ability to morph between techno bits and being fully human as Cyborg writer David Walker showed in his Cyborg run and the fan base would be happy.
    DCEU Cyborg concept art didn't feature the faceplate:

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    That's my guess.
    That didn't really have anything to do with race as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    DCEU Cyborg concept art didn't feature the faceplate:

Still looks kind of dull but better than what we ended up with.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Still looks kind of dull but better than what we ended up with.
    This. I don't like the concept body design (to be fair I'm not a fan of the movie design either ) but the lack of face plate is better than the head design that ended up in the film .
    Don't complain. Create.

Astonishing Member

The faceplate seems to be a stubbornly/spitefully maintained holdover from the TT cartoon