Page 102 of 130 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1949
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The faceplate seems to be a stubbornly/spitefully maintained holdover from the TT cartoon
    According to Dan (yeah HIM)-that look can't go away because it's ICONIC.

Meanwhile EVERYONE ELSE from Vixen, Static, Aqualad, Nightwing, Batman, WW, SUperman, Supergirl, Aquaman and Ms Martian have CHANGED their looks GALORE.

How many LOOKS does Peter Parker & Miles Morales boast? We won't discuss Tommy Oliver from Power Rangers. Half a generation think Green Ranger and the other Dino Thunder.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    DCEU Cyborg concept art didn't feature the faceplate:

Did JJ suddenly lose some of his lens flares? If so, looking at that second picture, I know where they went...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Good points made earlier on NDA's, but I wonder if a lot of the info Fisher has is second-hand from staff that he'd want to avoid outing. Shouldn't stop him from talking about his own personal experiences though. If Momoa backs him, then it's likely conduct Fisher was around for and received directly.
    I'm sure there's a lot of that as well, but since Fisher made a point of saying it was his NDA that prevented him from being more specific, it's certainly put-up or shut-up time for him. This justification made perfect sense to me when he made it, which is why I've tended to favor his side more often than not despite Fisher's often dodgy claims that have been easily refuted, but if he can't state specifically what it was that Whedon did now that he's free to speak, that would be a giant red flag to me and could do incalculable harm to the next person who wants to speak up.

In the end, whatever Fisher ends up saying (or continuing to not say), at least Joss Whedon's been fully exposed for his terrible behavior thanks to Charisma Carpenter being inspired enough by Fisher to speak out about her own experiences. So, some good has come out of this fiasco, even if Fisher's handling or it may or may not end up harming others who try to expose Hollywood's bad behavior in the future.

I certainly hope Fisher's got something...

At this point, I think Fisher's destroyed whatever credibility he had; his 180 on the investigator once they didn't confirm his claims doesn't paint a good picture.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot of that as well, but since Fisher made a point of saying it was his NDA that prevented him from being more specific, it's certainly put-up or shut-up time for him. This justification made perfect sense to me when he made it, which is why I've tended to favor his side more often than not despite Fisher's often dodgy claims that have been easily refuted, but if he can't state specifically what it was that Whedon did now that he's free to speak, that would be a giant red flag to me and could do incalculable harm to the next person who wants to speak up.

In the end, whatever Fisher ends up saying (or continuing to not say), at least Joss Whedon's been fully exposed for his terrible behavior thanks to Charisma Carpenter being inspired enough by Fisher to speak out about her own experiences. So, some good has come out of this fiasco, even if Fisher's handling or it may or may not end up harming others who try to expose Hollywood's bad behavior in the future.

I certainly hope Fisher's got something...
    Weird, you know, since the stuff about Whedon has been known for years, most of it anyway. And yet it took a guy who's probably grifting IMO to get enough focus on Whedon and his overall behavior to really draw some blood. Proves money too often trumps common sense and decency, as studios continued to hire him and let him into positions where he can do stuff like that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    At this point, I think Fisher's destroyed whatever credibility he had; his 180 on the investigator once they didn't confirm his claims doesn't paint a good picture.
    I pretty much agree, though I thought that long ago when he wouldn't provide details even as to what he was alleging, and when he got simple stuff wrong. Let alone provide a shred of evidence to prove what he was saying. Now maybe it turns out he's right and I was wrong, but even then he sure went about it the wrong way. If he was brave enough to come out with that sort of allegations, then he should have been brave enough to be specific and to back it up. Otherwise he's simply smearing people.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Weird, you know, since the stuff about Whedon has been known for years, most of it anyway. And yet it took a guy who's probably grifting IMO to get enough focus on Whedon and his overall behavior to really draw some blood. Proves money too often trumps common sense and decency, as studios continued to hire him and let him into positions where he can do stuff like that.
    Everyone is probably playing safe and do not want to rock the boat.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Kind of amazing how experiences working with Joss Whedon varies from person to person. The stars of the Nevers have a very different take on working with Joss.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Kind of amazing how experiences working with Joss Whedon varies from person to person. The stars of the Nevers have a very different take on working with Joss.
    Best behavior? HBO supervising him more closely than its parent? Feeling the heat by then?

I pretty much agree, though I thought that long ago when he wouldn't provide details even as to what he was alleging, and when he got simple stuff wrong. Let alone provide a shred of evidence to prove what he was saying. Now maybe it turns out he's right and I was wrong, but even then he sure went about it the wrong way. If he was brave enough to come out with that sort of allegations, then he should have been brave enough to be specific and to back it up. Otherwise he's simply smearing people.
    While I was always skeptical of his claims, at least they initially started out as plausible and there was the possibility that NDAs were preventing him from going into the specifics. He'd certainly made his fair share of implausible arguments and weird stuff long before this (his agenda to punish Walter Hamada, who wasn't even involved with the movie, has no logic behind it), but I think this's really starting to seem unhinged.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, it's absolutely clear that that if there's a system in place that actually holds people up to a certain level of professional conduct, Whedon can be a pleasure to work with. Presumably, he was given too much free rein on Buffy/ Angel and, frankly directors got away with being assholes to actors far easier back then, though already much less than in most of the 20th century. As for Justice League, the whole set was clearly just a total nightmare scenario with massive pressure from the executives on Joss to do an absurd amount of work in an absurd amount of time but without any checks and balances against him taking out those pressures on the cast and crew. The higher executives at Warners at the time are clearly the real villains here and the more that comes out about it, the more that seems to be the case. Not excusing Joss Whedon's bad behaviour but it clearly existed within an already noxious context.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    This. I don't like the concept body design (to be fair I'm not a fan of the movie design either ) but the lack of face plate is better than the head design that ended up in the film .
    I don't think the faceplate is a dealbreaker, it just depends on how it's adapted.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The faceplate seems to be a stubbornly/spitefully maintained holdover from the TT cartoon
    From the TT cartoon? Don't you mean his original comic design? He's had it forever.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Best behavior? HBO supervising him more closely than its parent? Feeling the heat by then?
    He is one of those people who treats everyone differently and if he doesnt like you then thats when you feel the heat. He was bffs w/half of the Buffy cast, butted heads with the other half. He didnt have any bts issues on Avengers or AoU but clearly felt the need to assert himself during JL

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He is one of those people who treats everyone differently and if he doesnt like you then thats when you feel the heat. He was bffs w/half of the Buffy cast, butted heads with the other half. He didnt have any bts issues on Avengers or AoU but clearly felt the need to assert himself during JL
    Why didn't he mistreat the Avengers casts?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why didn't he mistreat the Avengers casts?
    Absence of abuse in one instance is in no way proof that abuse didn't occur in other instances. But to speculate, it's a nearly all-male cast with star names and/or a physically intimidating presence.