Page 103 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1949
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Absence of abuse in one instance is in no way proof that abuse didn't occur in other instances. But to speculate, it's a nearly all-male cast with star names and/or a physically intimidating presence.
    Oh, I don't doubt he's abusive. I just haven't heard anything from the Avengers cast. But you might be right. They already had considerable star power by AoU and wouldn't just accept his attitude

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, I don't doubt he's abusive. I just haven't heard anything from the Avengers cast. But you might be right. They already had considerable star power by AoU and wouldn't just accept his attitude
    It definitely was not in Joss' interest, or the studio producers interest, for him to make Ben Affleck/Batman, Henry Cavill/Superman, Robert Downey/Iron Man, Chris Evans/Cap, Chris Hemsworth/Thor, or Gal Gadot/Wonder Woman unhappy. These are both established movie stars, and specifically also headlined solo movies of that specific character. Gal Gadot probably had the least 'cachet' of them all around the time of filming (since presumably Justice League filming occurred prior to the release and success of the Wonder Woman movie), so it is interesting that of both movies, and the big three heroes of both movies, only Gal has publicly mentioned not having the best interaction with Joss.

The rest of the Avengers cast are Oscar nominees with a large body of movie work (and thus likely agents invested in protecting them), so Whedon likely wouldn't mess with them.

The rest of the Justice League cast aren't really known for anything, and so Whedon is probably more likely to be able to mess with them.

Of course, no one knows if anything occurred on the set of either Avengers movies or not.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Still looks kind of dull but better than what we ended up with.
    Broken glass jigsaw puzzle man.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Best behavior? HBO supervising him more closely than its parent? Feeling the heat by then?
    I would say it's a case of he know WHO he can mess with and those who he can't.

Especially if you are dealing with a casting or production agency that you have not work with.

I bet there were folks he did not know and was not going to change any bad behavior. Remember he was doing that show AFTER a LOt of guys got tossed like Harvey Winstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why didn't he mistreat the Avengers casts?
    1. We don't know that he didn't.

2. The Avengers cast, on the whole, weren't easy targets. Abusers don't strike out randomly at everyone they see.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I would be very surprised if he did anything on the set of Avengers. First, we have on-hands producer Kevin Feige who could have sent Whedon packing at any time and second, a cast of serious, big-name actors who wouldn't put up with his crap for half a second.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    1. We don't know that he didn't.

2. The Avengers cast, on the whole, weren't easy targets. Abusers don't strike out randomly at everyone they see.
    Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I would be very surprised if he did anything on the set of Avengers. First, we have on-hands producer Kevin Feige who could have sent Whedon packing at any time and second, a cast of serious, big-name actors who wouldn't put up with his crap for half a second.
    True, I doubt Feige would tolerate abusive directors

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Weird, you know, since the stuff about Whedon has been known for years, most of it anyway. And yet it took a guy who's probably grifting IMO to get enough focus on Whedon and his overall behavior to really draw some blood. Proves money too often trumps common sense and decency, as studios continued to hire him and let him into positions where he can do stuff like that.
    There have been rumors swirling about Whedon for a few years, yes, but nothing this specific and damning, I think. Prior to this, all I had heard was the stories from Whedon's ex-wife, in regards to his infidelity. That didn't exactly paint him in the best light, but it wasn't nearly as bad as what Charisma Carpenter revealed. We'd known that the circumstances regarding her leaving Angel were a sore point for her, but we didn't know the details until just recently.

Extraordinary Member

A new article has come through the Hollywood reporter

Warner has backed hamada so much I’m not sure they can renig on anything with him. Projects are all starting to shoot next month but they won’t have anything to show for quite a while. They may have to let Geoff go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Warner has backed hamada so much I’m not sure they can renig on anything with him. Projects are all starting to shoot next month but they won’t have anything to show for quite a while. They may have to let Geoff go.
    You need to link the article when talking about stuff like that: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...for-leadership
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So my main understanding is Fisher and Johns just had a difference of opinion on Cyborg's characterization and how he should be depicted.

Basically the NTT versus the TT cartoon portrayal.

So my main understanding is Fisher and Johns just had a difference of opinion on Cyborg's characterization and how he should be depicted.

And Johns handled it in about as idiotic a way as one could. Doubt he or Hamada will get fired over this though. If they fired Johns they’d also have to fire Hamada for protecting him, and WB wants to be done with the Snyder Era. They’re relying on Hamada to be their head guy now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't think there's anything particularly damning for anyone here. Fisher clearly had some legitimate grievances, but he was also being overly sensitive, paranoid, and antagonistic. Now, given Hollywood's track record of sweeping dodgy **** under the carpet, some of that paranoia was no doubt justified, but it sounds like he was actively hurting his cause with the way he handed it and assuming racial animosity where there was none.

Meanwhile, elements within Warners were quite obviously panicking and attempting to smear Fisher, which only made the situation worse and helped feed Fisher's paranoia.

The only person who's come out of this with any clarity is Joss Whedon, who everyone seems to agree is a phenomenal *******.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Assuming the Trench got the axe more for Johns EP credit than alley Wan being preoccupied, I’d say Johns pet projects (that don’t turn a profit like Aquaman) will probably be quietly dropped.

No one would deny Johnson a film, but I’d wager the JSA characters drop off a cliff after the Black Adam film

How does one fire a guy from an EP credit they probably had fixed in their contract?
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 04-06-2021 at 08:24 AM.

And both Hamada and Johns were concerned about Fisher's future career in Hollywood knowing how they treat even the most vindicated of whistleblowers.