Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1949
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    HOW?

A list money for what? He had done ONE movie.

There are folks with OSCARS that can't get A list money. Especially women and POC.

Daisy Riley has 3 movies that made over 3 billion and she can't get work.

Michael B Jordan with the exception of ONE project has produced everything he has been in since Black Panther. If HE can't get A list money or offers-Ray stand zero chance.

No studio is going to risk alienating agents let alone actors tossing D list let alone A list money at him.
    Heh. People should go door-to-door and ask the occupants who Ray Fisher is. I have a feeling the majority would say "Who?" Seriously, if he had that type of clout, we wouldn't have this thread now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. People should go door-to-door and ask the occupants who Ray Fisher is. I have a feeling the majority would say "Who?" Seriously, if he had that type of clout, we wouldn't have this thread now.
    He’s building it now
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DEADLINE/...66258059128832

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He's not building clout with that, though. The only way that happens is if enough people pay money to see him in a movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    He's not building clout with that, though. The only way that happens is if enough people pay money to see him in a movie.
    Agreed. Look at Snakes on a Plane - one would think, based on all the internet chatter, that it would be a 1 billion dollar movie as opposed to just bringing in decent box office.

For the average movie goer looking for a movie on a Friday night, and has the option of seeing:
    A. Denzel's latest movie
    B. Superhero movie starring someone
    C. That guy who played Thor who is in this action movie.
    D. Drama movie starring some actor (if look at the credits, you can see it is Ray Fisher).

Most audience members will pay for A, B. Some might pay for C, either if the trailer fight scenes look good or if they have historically liked Chris Hemsworth movies. Very few will pay for choice D, and they definitely aren't gonna be picking it based on his name/reputation but rather what the movie is about.

In this day and age, it's hard to become a movie star (especially for non-white males that aren't Denzel Washington), and be bankable. We are watching Wonder Woman (with Gal Gadot) as opposed to watching Gal Gadot's movie. Even Hemsworth fails (and he is more recognizable and has more IMDB credits than Ray Fisher).

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Agreed. Look at Snakes on a Plane - one would think, based on all the internet chatter, that it would be a 1 billion dollar movie as opposed to just bringing in decent box office.

For the average movie goer looking for a movie on a Friday night, and has the option of seeing:
    A. Denzel's latest movie
    B. Superhero movie starring someone
    C. That guy who played Thor who is in this action movie.
    D. Drama movie starring some actor (if look at the credits, you can see it is Ray Fisher).

Most audience members will pay for A, B. Some might pay for C, either if the trailer fight scenes look good or if they have historically liked Chris Hemsworth movies. Very few will pay for choice D, and they definitely aren't gonna be picking it based on his name/reputation but rather what the movie is about.

In this day and age, it's hard to become a movie star (especially for non-white males that aren't Denzel Washington), and be bankable. We are watching Wonder Woman (with Gal Gadot) as opposed to watching Gal Gadot's movie. Even Hemsworth fails (and he is more recognizable and has more IMDB credits than Ray Fisher).
    Exactly. That's why Ray is trying so hard to annoy WB so they bring him back into the fold. Unfortunately for him, it just seems like he's annoying them to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Ray's reaction to the announcement of the Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman movie indicates he has no problem with that.
    He also pooped on the Sasha Calle Supergirl announcement.

I'd vastly prefer Ray Fisher & Zack Snyders Cyborg over Chaka Luther Kings Superman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    I'd vastly prefer Ray Fisher & Zack Snyders Cyborg over Chaka Luther Kings Superman.
    Uhhhh why the micro agrees ions

Mild bitterness at best. Was looking forward for it since when it was announced back then for lots of reasons. But it was nice to see at least some of the potential fulfilled in the ZSJL movie.

Extraordinary Member

Netflix is making a biopic film on the making of the justice league
    And it will star Bradley Cooper
    87CFA3C3-E0CB-4081-A71C-74B791A5A049.jpg

This film feels like an attack on Warner and DC should strike all deals with Netflix

Oh damn, I fully expect this to be better than either version of the movie. Who should play Ben Affeck?
    edit: they got me you bastards
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 04-30-2021 at 11:30 AM.

This isn't real by the way. lol The person who made the tweet made sure to point that out in the follow-up tweet.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Oh damn, I fully expect this to be better than either version of the movie. Who should play Ben Affeck?
    edit: they got me you bastards
    Forget that: who's gonna play ray fisher?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Forget that: who's gonna play ray fisher?
    If this was real, it'd be hilarious if they got the actor who played Cyborg in Doom Patrol and never call Ray lol

Gal Gadot has claimed Whedon did threaten her career.

https://film.avclub.com/gal-gadot-sa...ile-1846860882