Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1949
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't heard a peep from him until they announced Fables was coming back, but I might not have looked hard enough.
    I think the question was more to the "has he done anything to get blacklisted other than having opinions that are unpopular with a certain group". Though I could be wrong, and you might be right.

Yes, you are right achilles.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I think the question was more to the "has he done anything to get blacklisted other than having opinions that are unpopular with a certain group". Though I could be wrong, and you might be right.
    As far as I know he hasn't said anything too inflammatory. He hasn't become a Comicsgate troll like EVS.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Going to preface this with what many of you likely already know from my posting history: I'm pretty deep on the left side of the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    As far as I know he hasn't said anything too inflammatory. He hasn't become a Comicsgate troll like EVS.
    This. He's pretty openly conservative, and it's clear in his work, but he's never gone off the deep end like a full-blown douchenozzle (EVS). I remember when he was taking over JSA someone asked him a question (which I don't remember), but he joked that due to being a Republican he'd be lying if he didn't have a very slight desire to oppress. If I remember it was if Obsidian was going to show up. He said that he won't be changing anyone, and it ended up with Todd joking he was "cured" in one panel before laughing at his dad's reaction and saying "nope, still gay."

Corny? Yes. Questionable implementation? You bet. Does he seem to begrudge people based on race, color, creed or sexual identity? Nope, and please don't prove me wrong here, Bill!

But Willingham seems to keep to himself. That's enough to piss off some of the Twitter Cancel Brigade, but I don't think it'll be enough to nail his coffin shut. That said, some of the things that occur in Fables would not have flown today, even if they're arguably one level of abstraction from his own views by being the views of a character. He gets very pro-Israel and pro-Life in the book. Back then, most of us (even those who disagreed) would read that as "well, this character feels this way" but today we're all a bit more politically conscious, so his politics insertion will get him praise or criticism and frankly it's deserved. Any story that takes a stand is asking to be judged by its reader based on what it says.

Willingham would be wise not to politicize the book if he knows Republicans have a social media target on their back. You don't need Frau Totenkinder explaining she gets her powers from the dead kids abortion clinics supply. Probably best to leave that out.

I really hope he doesn't come out as some ComicsGate *******, though.

Being a strong supportive of a regime that is literally committing a genocide isn't what one call "bad opinion" that only "certain group" would be upest with (unless you think people who have problem with colonizers killing innocent people are few and belong to a "certain group").
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Being a strong supportive of a regime that is literally committing a genocide isn't what one call "bad opinion" that only "certain group" would be upest with (unless you think people who have problem with colonizers killing innocent people are few and belong to a "certain group").
    I may or may not agree with this; but I simply don't have the context---in short, I don't know who or what you're talking about.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I may or may not agree with this; but I simply don't have the context---in short, I don't know who or what you're talking about.
    Pretty sure it has to do with Israel and Willingham (alongside many Republicans) supporting their claims.

Is he insinuating they canceled it because DuVernay is a black director?

That can't be the case. They have Ta-Nehisi Coates writing the black Superman movie. If it was canceled because of the director it must have been because DuVernay is incompetent or there were creative differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    That can't be the case. They have Ta-Nehisi Coates writing the black Superman movie. If it was canceled because of the director it must have been because DuVernay is incompetent or there were creative differences.
    I think the common consensus is it was an attempt to cut costs.

I think the common consensus is it was an attempt to cut costs.
    Oh yeah. That 2

I mean, they didn't use it as a scapegoat. DuVernay didn't even bring it up. I still don't think that she was talking about ZSJL, not that I know anything else that she might have been referring to but I don't know every plan that hasn't been announced with anymore than anybody else does.

I believe the intended insinuation is that WB wants people to get mad at ZSJL for leading to the cancellation of the New Gods movie.

Ultimate Member

Oh.... I figured he would taken shots at Doom Patrol for what they did to Cyborg (something the last comic book series TRIED to do that got hand waved away).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Next week:

Ray Fisher Calls DC/WB Execs Poopy Pants Just for the Heck of It
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?