Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1949

Am I a bad person for being over Fisher's anger-mongering a long time ago?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I right there with you and I was one of the guys defending Fisher for months.

That said, given that Fisher has essentially burned his career in Hollywood to the ground in order to bring the dodgy **** that went down on the Justice League set to light, I don't blame him for doing whatever he can to keep his name in headlines by saying outrageous stuff. There's an entire industry built upon this kind of nonsense now. It might be his only option for steady income these days. It's not like the theater industry has made a roaring comeback with the pandemic.

The thing is, they extended the olive branch to him with the Flash movie. Whedon was booted from the DC movieverse and his name has been thoroughly tarnished for his actions since then. Geoff Johns is no longer running the show. Fisher essentially won and was offered the chance to continue playing Cyborg, but decided to throw it away for what? Did he seriously think the company would fire Hamada because of Ray's tweets? I can't for the life of me figure out what his game plan was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I can't for the life of me figure out what his game plan was here.
    It's to hashtag-restore-the-Snyderverse. It's not a workable plan but it explains everything he does if he assumes that Hamada would be replaced by Snyder or someone friendlier to Snyder.

The thing is, they extended the olive branch to him with the Flash movie. Whedon was booted from the DC movieverse and his name has been thoroughly tarnished for his actions since then. Geoff Johns is no longer running the show. Fisher essentially won and was offered the chance to continue playing Cyborg, but decided to throw it away for what? Did he seriously think the company would fire Hamada because of Ray's tweets? I can't for the life of me figure out what his game plan was here.
    The weird thing is he's still got his Cyborg mo-cap suit in his twitter profile pic. Has he done anything other than True Detective?

All that being said it seems like at this point he just opposes WB on pure principal after what he went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I right there with you and I was one of the guys defending Fisher for months.

That said, given that Fisher has essentially burned his career in Hollywood to the ground in order to bring the dodgy **** that went down on the Justice League set to light, I don't blame him for doing whatever he can to keep his name in headlines by saying outrageous stuff. There's an entire industry built upon this kind of nonsense now. It might be his only option for steady income these days. It's not like the theater industry has made a roaring comeback with the pandemic.
    I was honestly pretty skeptical when Fisher first made the accusations, esp. seeing how it was a one eighty from what he'd been saying when the theatrical version. Now, I do get that it was probably the case that Fisher was making nice at first and felt free to say what he was really thinking after the fact, but the timing seemed really suspect; seemed like Fisher was trying to hype up the Snyder Cut by tearing down Whedon and it initially seemed like his only specific complaints where that Whedon hadn't given him any creative control over Cyborg like Snyder had (something Fisher wasn't owed in the first place). (I'll also concede that I see the Snyder Cut as a cynical attempt to boost HBOMax at best and caving into a toxic fanbase at worst, so it wasn't like was really seeing the Snyder Cut as a good thing in the first place).

Given what's come to light about Whedon (esp. Gal Gadot's experiences with him on the project), I'm generally inclined to accept that Fisher was badly treated by Whedon (although I'm not so sure that certain scenes getting removed counts), but everything Fisher did after that makes it hard for me to believe anything he's said. The way his story kept changing about how exactly he and others had been wronged (a lot of which turned out to be hearsay, not to mention how it started about wanting Whedon held accountable and now has become him wanting revenge on Hamada, who wasn't even involved, for... reasons), how he instantly turned on the independent investigator when she didn't confirm his story and accused her covering things up after being nothing but supportive of her at the start, and when he finally gave a full interview about everything he was claiming had happened, it was hardly a smoking gun (and included weird claims about stuff that had nothing to do with Justice League).

Then there was the Twitter thing where he made the DC Tweet about the Derek Chauvin conviction about himself. I agree that the DC Tweet was, at best, an empty platitude, but I honestly found Fisher's appropriation of that important conviction to whine about his own problems (some of which seem to be factually quetionable) to be far more tasteless. (Oddly, I found very few people online who shared my disgust over it; most commentators seemed to be cheering Fisher on for smacking down DC).

His now posting a rumor that DC canceled New Gods because of the Snyder Cut may be the least inflammatory of his rhetoric against DC and Warner Bros., but seeing how we don't know the real story (and I fail to understand how it would be a "bad" thing if it was true; business decisions like that happen all the time), and it's so disconnected from his case, I don't even get the point of pettiness.

I don't know at this point. Seems like a lot of places online have accepted Fisher as this martyr and you're a racist if you question anything he says. It is a sad fact that non-white male people have been not treated well in various circles, those that defended themselves were not taken seriously, if not slandered, and those that harmed them were protected (e.g. Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, as an example) and that has to change. Still, I think we should reserve the right to be able to say that we think someone's story doesn't add up. Worse thing about these situations is that when an accusation of wrongdoing is proven to be made in bad faith, it harms the credibility of future people who speak up and are telling the truth.

I concede that we don't know all the facts and that Fisher could well be completely truthful about everything and that Warner Bros. really was tying to silence and discredit him (and if so, he needs justice stat). But I don't really get why he's being given such a huge benefit of the doubt, given all the holes that are unaccounted for and just how petty this has all become. Like some other people have commented, I don't really understand what his goal is now.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Naw, it's a lot of us, I should think.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

His game plan is to star in his own Cyborg movie(s). Since that won't happen and his charges against WB execs haven't done anything to help that cause, he has now decided to try childish tweets. His career is in tatters and he only has himself to blame.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Ray just really needs to move on and keep it moving. He just looks petty and pathetic now. Plus, he lied about Hamada.

We have receipts Ray.

1st he tweeted this January that Hamada interfered with the investigation.

Then when there was push back on that claim, he then tweeted in February that he said that Hamada attempted to interfere.

He lost all credibility when it concerns Hamada.
    Last edited by Styles; 11-06-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think it's a combination of isolation, bad representation, and ego, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    That can't be the case. They have Ta-Nehisi Coates writing the black Superman movie. If it was canceled because of the director it must have been because DuVernay is incompetent or there were creative differences.
    It was cancelled because of the Snyder Cut:

https://twitter.com/arianadearmas/st...567025666?s=21

Unless there is another project involving Fourth World characters that I wasn't aware of.

Nothing to do with the director herself. Just corporate politics.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

"nobody's paying attention to me!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It was cancelled because of the Snyder Cut:

https://twitter.com/arianadearmas/st...567025666?s=21

Unless there is another project involving Fourth World characters that I wasn't aware of.
    That’s just the thing: there could be any number of them that we don’t know of. Maybe Darkseid is the big bad in Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Superman film. Maybe there’s a Big Barda appearance in Shazam 2 that they’re keeping secret. Maybe somebody came to them with an Omega Men script that they thought was a much better idea that they’ve already cancelled without telling us. All we have right now is speculation that she’s talking about ZSJL

Although as you say, even if it was it’s just a standard business decision and I don’t see where Fisher has any stake in this one way or the other.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Ray Fisher is a clown.

I wish Snyder would give his minion, Fisher, a job.
    Maybe if he had work he'd get off Twitter.