Page 19 of 130 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    This is such a weird situation, and honestly, I just want something to come out that just ends the discussion. Unfortunately, due to how Fisher has gone about this, it seems very biased - I wish more of the actors that were there would step up in agreement IF what Fisher is saying is true. Honestly it just sounds like an actor being salty about the director and producers being in charge of the movie. If there was some evidence or more people coming to back up what he was saying it would be fine, but it's pretty much just him. Even Snyder didn't go out of his way to slam them before the Snyder cut was announced.
    Fisher probably don't have any proof of what he is saying, but he probably believe it to be true and is hoping that an investigation will confirm it. That is why, imo, that he is not giving any specific accusation, because if he does and the investigation can't confirm it, than Whedon, Johns, etc will have him on every legal trouble they can think.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    If there is damning written evidence of Whedon and the WB higher ups telling the SFX team "I don't like looking at all these black people; make 'em lighter" then yes, that would be a concern. But somehow I doubt that's the case here. The fact that Whedon finally spoke up and said "No, that categorically did not happen" after weeks of remaining silent and refusing to address this controversy at all, and Forbes ended up rescinding that accusation would indicate that at the very least he's confident that Fisher can't actually prove that.
    If Fisher's whole case ultimately goes up in flames, today will be when the match was struck.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fisher responds:

CinemaBlend was given a response by Fisher to the statements made by the Whedon spokesperson. Fisher said, "This is only a hair's breadth away from Berg's, 'Fisher was upset about booyah' defense. I've been trying my best to make sure that Joss Whedon and Jon Berg aren't able to be thrown completely under the bus by the other guys. But when they make these half baked knee-jerk excuses publicly, they make my job a lot harder. I'm settling in with my family for the night. I'll have a more in-depth response tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fisher responds:
    I don't get it. this whole thing started with Fisher going off on Whedon, now he's worried about Whedon getting thrown under the bus? lol I'm sure Joss really appreciates Ray's efforts to prevent Whedon from taking the blame for the accusations that Ray leveled.....against Whedon.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I don't get it. this whole thing started with Fisher going off on Whedon, now he's worried about Whedon getting thrown under the bus? lol I'm sure Joss really appreciates Ray's efforts to prevent Whedon from taking the blame for the accusations that Ray leveled.....against Whedon.
    Yeah, if somebody could explain what Ray meant in his last response, I sure would like to know.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If Fisher's whole case ultimately goes up in flames, today will be when the match was struck.
    The match was lit a LONG time ago.

While folks focus on Ray and this-there are OTHERS sniffing around.

Don't think folks are NOT looking at Warner Brothers as a whole.

It's not by accident you got 2 former black DC editors chirping.

Folks will bring up how badly done black males have been on certain CW shows like Eli Goree on The 100s. Chuck Clayton on Riverdale. Jimmy Olsen on Supergirl.

The crappy treatment of the final seasons of Everybody Hates Chris and Girlfriends. The chump change Girlfriends cast got for an offer to do a reunion speical.

It's one thing when you only have Ray's situation to look at but it's even WORST when you look at the company as a WHOLE.

It can't be accident we got an influx of black creative talent doing books for DC. Milestone coming back, Nubia has an OGN, Michael B Jordan working with Milestone. Kwanza's Black comic getting picked up for a movie and Bryan Hill is already half way done with it. Suddenly someone is found to want to do something with JOhn Stewart, Bumblebee, Guardian, Duke, Aqualad and so on.

It's not admitting guilty but putting out or preventing future fires as this goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, if somebody could explain what Ray meant in his last response, I sure would like to know.
    Didn't he also seem strangely outraged and offended when Hamada supposedly called Whedon a dick over the phone? I don't understand what the deal is with that either. Maybe at some point in all this the two tried to patch things up but i doubt it.

I believe his point with that was that WB was scapegoating Whedon and the other guy to avoid taking any actions against Johns. Unlike the others, Johns is still heavily involved with DC's various projects on the TV front (Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Titans, Batwoman, The Flash, and now both Superman & Lois and the upcoming HBO Green Lantern show), and a few on the film side as well. Not to mention he still does comic work for them as well.

So what Ray was alleging was that WB was throwing Whedon under the bus (since they likely don't care about him and he's no longer working on any DC projects) to avoid taking disciplinary action against Johns, who is more valuable to them.

BANNED

I'm glad you posted that. What I was reading was so bizarre, I figured [i]I[/b] must have not been understanding something, and I just left it at that.

He's clearly got a grudge against Johns, and thinks that whenever Whedon gets blamed or even talked about, it's because they're trying to protect Johns.

I believe his point with that was that WB was scapegoating Whedon and the other guy to avoid taking any actions against Johns. Unlike the others, Johns is still heavily involved with DC's various projects on the TV front (Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Titans, Batwoman, The Flash, and now both Superman & Lois and the upcoming HBO Green Lantern show), and a few on the film side as well. Not to mention he still does comic work for them as well.

So what Ray was alleging was that WB was throwing Whedon under the bus (since they likely don't care about him and he's no longer working on any DC projects) to avoid taking disciplinary action against Johns, who is more valuable to them.
    Thank you, that makes it a bit more clear. So he still has an axe to grind with Whedon but at the same time doesn't want Whedon to end up being the only one with his reputation sullied. Of course probably would've helped if Ray had gone after Johns, Berg, etc from the beginning instead of singling out Whedon. but iirc it wasn't that much later that he expanded his accusations to include Johns and Berg.

But in no way I can see, does Whedon response facilitate to WB trowing him under the bus. What Whedon did, was actually very smart, imo, all the specific allegations Fisher did against him, per Whedon response were made by others, including some of Snyder's people, some decisions were made even before his arrival on the project. Fisher response to what Whedon's team wrote makes no sense to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    But in no way I can see, does Whedon response facilitate to WB trowing him under the bus. What Whedon did, was actually very smart, imo, all the specific allegations Fisher did against him, per Whedon response were made by others, including some of Snyder's people, some d ecisions were made even before his arrival on the project. Fisher response to what Whedon's team wrote makes no sense to me.
    I think it's because, confronted by Whedon's people with the reality of how a movie is made, Fisher had no answer. His IMDB is instructive in all this. League was his first and only movie, he hasn't done anything else after, and the only other thing he's got there as an actor is for 8 episodes of a TV series. He obviously had no idea, and probably no real inclination to know, how the technical aspects of a movie happened, so he didn't get the bit about colorization, different formats, or that a lot of people work on those things. Or that stories frequently change, and perhaps someone thought different about putting Cyborg as the "heart" of the movie, especially after seeing his Snyder dailies.

Guy's a rank newbie, probably thought/was promised by someone that he would be a big star, likely signed the six picture deal, had his own movie in the works, and with the Whedon cut debacle and his own lack of talent/charisma, found himself on the outside looking in. Tough if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I think it's because, confronted by Whedon's people with the reality of how a movie is made, Fisher had no answer. His IMDB is instructive in all this. League was his first and only movie, he hasn't done anything else after, and the only other thing he's got there as an actor is for 8 episodes of a TV series. He obviously had no idea, and probably no real inclination to know, how the technical aspects of a movie happened, so he didn't get the bit about colorization, different formats, or that a lot of people work on those things. Or that stories frequently change, and perhaps someone thought different about putting Cyborg as the "heart" of the movie, especially after seeing his Snyder dailies.

Guy's a rank newbie, probably thought/was promised by someone that he would be a big star, likely signed the six picture deal, had his own movie in the works, and with the Whedon cut debacle and his own lack of talent/charisma, found himself on the outside looking in. Tough if that's the case.

That was always my opinion of it too. He really is the last person who would even know what 'unprofessional' means. Especially when his complaints were about how Joss came in to finish the movie and made edits and cuts and rewrites... That was literally his job. You may not like the profession... but to describe it as unprofessional on your first movie?!? I don't see it.

Of course 'i don't see it' because his accusations are vague and insubstantial. If he had legitimate complaints that would be one thing... but what he had spelled out?? Nothing wrong there.

Fisher:
    You really have to ask yourself, what’s more plausible—that I would purposely torpedo my career by making statements about powerful figures in Hollywood, that, if untrue, could be easily refuted. OR a handful people in positions of power said and did terrible things in order to maintain that power during a massive corporate merger.
    Whedon: easily refutes the one concrete claim he made

Fisher: shocked Pikachu face

I mean, as a long-established and major American corporation, I’m sure WB is inherently racist. Sure, maybe no one in charge is wearing white hoods and saying the n-word, but I’m sure they’re less likely to hire actors who are BIPOC, more likely to hire lighter skinned BIPOC, judge the ones they do cast more harshly than their white costars, etc. but they were racist when Fisher was cast, racist when Snyder was directing, and will continue to be racist long after Whedon, Johns, Berg, etc. are gone and whenever he seemingly chooses to focus on one of them he appears to be letting the others off the hook. The idea that Whedon should hold off on defending himself solely because Fisher has decided to attack Johns right now only feeds into this interpretation, as well as his willingness to continue to work with WB on the reshoots as long as he believes his targets are uninvolved