Page 20 of 130 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I believe his point with that was that WB was scapegoating Whedon and the other guy to avoid taking any actions against Johns. Unlike the others, Johns is still heavily involved with DC's various projects on the TV front (Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Titans, Batwoman, The Flash, and now both Superman & Lois and the upcoming HBO Green Lantern show), and a few on the film side as well. Not to mention he still does comic work for them as well.

So what Ray was alleging was that WB was throwing Whedon under the bus (since they likely don't care about him and he's no longer working on any DC projects) to avoid taking disciplinary action against Johns, who is more valuable to them.
    When this all started, it was all about Whedon being the issue, and Geoff Johns and Jon Berg enabled him.
    Now, he's trying to look out for Whedon?

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    He's clearly got a grudge against Johns, and thinks that whenever Whedon gets blamed or even talked about, it's because they're trying to protect Johns.
    Which makes no sense. Geoff Johns got fired.

Depends on how you look at it. Yes, Johns absolutely did get canned from his position as the Kevin Feige of the DCEU (LOL), but the company is still working with him on various projects, as I mentioned. Fisher brought this up fairly recently when he complained about Johns being announced as the executive producer of the Green Lantern show, saying that had Warner taken steps to discipline him sooner, this wouldn't be happening.

So it seems his end goal is getting Johns fully and permanently ousted from WB and no longer involved with any DC productions going forward. If that's the case, then honestly good luck there, because I'm very skeptical of that actually happening. If it comes down to Ray or Geoff, WB has a lot more invested in the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fisher responds:
    Ok, I’ve kept silent on this because I don’t want to say anything before the investigation concludes. But what the hell is Fischer playing at? His first accusations were against Whedon. He said Whedon was an abuser and that Johns and Berg protected him. Then he accused Emmerich of protecting Johns. Now he’s claiming he never wanted to go after Whedon and Berg? So he just wants Johns and Emmerich?

I’m sorry but this smacks of Snyder Cult delusion. That group thinks Geoff Johns is the Devil and is to blame for everything. They’ve created a massive conspiracy theory where Johns stole Snyder’s genius plans and gave them to Feige for Infinity War and Endgame. They also hate Emmerich for not following Snyder’s plan and brightening the DCU up. That Fischer, who is a Snyder Supporter, gave this interview with Sheraz Farooqi, yet another hardcore Snyder Cult member, really makes me raise my eyebrow. I can buy that Johns is an ass, he along with Didio, Nelson, and Lee knew about Bergaza’s harassment and did not fire him, but at this point Fisher is throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks. The cuts to the movie were made because Whedon had to try to get Snyder’s bloated movie under 2 hours, not because he’s a racist, you’d need some solid proof to back up that claim. Fisher has clearly been riling up the Snyder Cult on Twitter by telling them what they want to hear.

I hope for his sake the investigation can back him up because if not he’s done.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-30-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Depends on how you look at it. Yes, Johns absolutely did get canned from his position as the Kevin Feige of the DCEU (LOL), but the company is still working with him on various projects, as I mentioned. Fisher brought this up fairly recently when he complained about Johns being announced as the executive producer of the Green Lantern show, saying that had Warner taken steps to discipline him sooner, this wouldn't be happening.

So it seems his end goal is getting Johns fully and permanently ousted from WB and no longer involved with any DC productions going forward. If that's the case, then honestly good luck there, because I'm very skeptical of that actually happening. If it comes down to Ray or Geoff, WB has a lot more invested in the latter.
    Which makes me uncomfortable given that the Snyder fans on Twitter have made Johns a scapegoat for their idol’s failures at the box office. This feels like Fisher has bought into their conspiracy theories, and blames Johns for how the DCEU shook out, especially given Fisher basically has no career outside of Cyborg. His career was already toast which may be why he’s taking on WB. I sympathize with how he must feel, this was supposed to be his big break and instead it was a massive flop, but if what he’s angry about isn’t really all that different from a typical Hollywood production than he’s basically torched everything for nothing. Directors being dictatorial is nothing special in Hollywood.

If Johns really did call him up to rub Doom Patrol’s success in Fisher’s face though... well that could get him fired. That’s not really unethical, just pathetic and petty given Johns wasn’t in charge of Fisher anymore, but we’ll see. I hope we get a conclusion to this fiasco soon.

The longer this goes on, the more incoherent Fisher's allegations seem. I mean, the starting claim was that Joss Whedon was the Big Bad, now Geoff Johns is the evil mastermind and he flip flops between defending Whedon and making more accusations depending on which day it is -- not to mention that things have ballooned from being one person responsible to it being a conspiracy against the POC actors who worked on the movie?

Assuming that Fisher's claims are a 100% true, I kinda wonder if he's doing himself a disservice by talking about it in such detail; he can't make evidence public, so it's just his say-so and, as noted, the more he adds, the less credible everything sounds and he comes across as pretty self-righteous. I just can't help but wonder if he'd should've kept the investigation private and didn't make announcements until after there was a report of the findings or something. At this point, since he's made his accusations, if he can't prove any of them or they turn out to be nothing, he's just undermined his own credibility, where if he'd played his cards close to his vest, he'd have nothing to recant if the investigation doesn't go his way in part or in full.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 10-30-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I honestly don't know what to think of all this because it feels like the direction of this investigation and the claims are going all over the place.

The updated article now lists the writer as "former contributor" lol this has gone over so badly it seems they revoked his contributor status.

The updated article now lists the writer as "former contributor" lol this has gone over so badly it seems they revoked his contributor status.
    Dude was always a clown on social media which is why I was baffled Fisher chose him to talk about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dude was always a clown on social media which is why I was baffled Fisher chose him to talk about this.
    Sheraz Farooqi? I agree..

from the start I've felt exactly the way Vordan does about this whole thing. It's all about ending Johns' career with DC because he didn't worship at the altar of Zack Snyder.

Incredible Member

Fisher is a perfect proof of why people should never join a cult. lol. Geoff Johns just serves as Emmanuel Goldstein of their big brother Zack Snyder in their mind.

BANNED

I hope for his sake the investigation can back him up because if not he’s done.
    I think he's done regardless, and that's possibly what this is about. Justice League bombed, Cyborg isn't getting a film...where does that leave Ray Fisher? His behavior could be a mixture of sour grapes and trying to stay relevant when there isn't any place for him in the landscape anymore.

That said, I obviously don't know. I wasn't there, I don't know any of these people. At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Fisher wouldn't be doing any of this if Justice League had been a success and he had a starring role in a Cyborg film. So, for all I know, this whole "A>E" could be a fraud.

He’s shooting stuff for the Snyder Cut. They were going to use him in the Flash movie. He was probably never getting his own movie, but he was still going to have a career.

Incredible Member

He’s shooting stuff for the Snyder Cut. They were going to use him in the Flash movie. He was probably never getting his own movie, but he was still going to have a career.
    Maybe he's just willing to sacrifice his career to drag down his lord's enemy, AKA Geoff Johns. LOL. I'm not joking. I knew the woman named Fiona Zheng, who Zack Snyder took to his DC Fandome Panel for her significant contribution to pushing the Snyder Cut. She and Fisher (and many of Snyder's crews) follow each other on Vero and have been in touch for a long time. She is also the main contributor of the conspiracy theory that Geoff Johns stole Zack Snyder's storyboard for Feige.
    BTW, Fiona Zheng is a racist and she said privately to her fellow cultists once "Black men are tractable". I didn't know what she meant back then. Now it slowly comes to me.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 10-31-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member

My guess is the Flash stuff is minor, and he doesn't seem to have anything else in the works. He has a job, not a career.

BTW, has Snyder commented? One would think that he could shut Fisher down, since Fisher seems to like him, but AFAIK he hasn't said anything.