Page 25 of 130 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's sad for him. But either he did something wrong or idk Whedon's team got involved obviously as they should.
    Whedon didn't need to do anything, he's not going to worry abut a random reporter all he needs to is focus on suing Fisher if that were the case. Forbes is going to drop any reporter who glances at putting them in legal jeopardy, without warning, on their own.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think this whole debacle is perplexing. I have no idea what is going on. Nobody is coming off looking good here.

I'm still pretty surprised by the degree of certainty anyone could have about what people did or didn't do given how little information we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think this whole debacle is perplexing. I have no idea what is going on. Nobody is coming off looking good here.

I'm still pretty surprised by the degree of certainty anyone could have about what people did or didn't do given how little information we have.
    It's the internet, what else can we do? Be reasonable and don't rush to judge it?

Astonishing Member

The Forbes article before and after:

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...82825613856770

My team and I have been in contact with
    @Forbes
    regarding the unorthodox changes that were made to their Oct 29th article written by Sheraz Farooqi.

Even more concerning is that Sheraz is now listed as a “former” contributor.

I will personally be getting to the bottom of this.
    It's fine for Fisher to be angry about the writer losing his job but c'mon. He's got bigger fish to worry about and even if something does drop that's bad what's he going to do?

Forbes updated the article to explain the reasons for the editing (and by extension, Farooqi's firing).

Update (11/2/2020): This story and headline have been updated from the original version, which the editors determined lacked journalistic rigor and fairness. Quotation marks were added to indicate Fisher’s use of the word “toxic” in the headline. Comments were added from Warner Bros. and representatives for Joss Whedon.

This quote from Fisher was deemed to be primarily based on third-person information and was removed: “What set my soul on fire and forced me to speak out about Joss Whedon this summer was my becoming informed that Joss had ordered that the complexion of an actor of color be changed in post-production because he didn’t like the color of their skin tone,” Fisher firmly stated. “Man, with everything 2020’s been, that was the tipping point for me.”

Incredible Member

Well, it seems Mr Fisher has got a lot of people to contact and argue with these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

It's fine for Fisher to be angry about the writer losing his job but c'mon. He's got bigger fish to worry about and even if something does drop that's bad what's he going to do?
    Well, i guess Ray finally got SOMEBODY fired, just not whom he was expecting. Not to worry, I'm sure with Ray's "clout" he will get this guy rehired by Forbes immediately.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The only certainty I have at that moment is that Fisher is losing the argument. Now that might change in the future, but I wouldn't bet any money on that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The only certainty I have at that moment is that Fisher is losing the argument. Now that might change in the future, but I wouldn't bet any money on that.
    To me, right now, it seems more that he's trying to complain and perhaps sue his way to stardom when his big chance fizzled. As though he's trying to capitalize on the "Me Too" movement as well as BLM, for his own sake, since he's been making racial accusations as well as accusations of what seem to be carefully vague hints, which only seem to confirm that League was a typical rescue job for a movie gone south, with all the unpleasantness common to rushed, high pressure jobs. Which also suggests to me that maybe acting isn't a great career choice for him if he can't handle what is probably not an uncommon set of working conditions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    Well, i guess Ray finally got SOMEBODY fired, just not whom he was expecting. Not to worry, I'm sure with Ray's "clout" he will get this guy rehired by Forbes immediately.
    FYI that person in question has 2 full time jobs.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherazfarooqi

And it seems like the Forbes gig was freelance work as he was only there for three months, a trend that his other gigs show.

He is already at another company after leaving Forbes. He only did 11 articles for them. Pretty much focusing on Lebron, Snyder Cut and Ray.

What is Ray going to do? Doesn't seem like that guy was a full time employee but someone paid based on what the company is willing to pay from him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    To me, right now, it seems more that he's trying to complain and perhaps sue his way to stardom when his big chance fizzled. As though he's trying to capitalize on the "Me Too" movement as well as BLM, for his own sake, since he's been making racial accusations as well as accusations of what seem to be carefully vague hints, which only seem to confirm that League was a typical rescue job for a movie gone south, with all the unpleasantness common to rushed, high pressure jobs. Which also suggests to me that maybe acting isn't a great career choice for him if he can't handle what is probably not an uncommon set of working conditions.
    Or be more selective in what roles you take.

It was Justice League-expect a toxic and busy environment. It's JUSTICE LEAGUE. Dr Phil and Nurse Bob couldn't get peace on that movie set.

Even if it was a hit movie that made a billion-that does not mean you are going to get the Golden Ticket.

Daisy Riley is begging for work and she has 3 movies totalling 3 billion.
    Michael B Jordan is starring in movies HE makes not someone else.
    Boseman's last movies came from WHERE? Netflix.
    Moana is doing Amazon shows.
    Those folks got SKINS on the walls. Did he really think he was going to bypass those folks?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm surprised there's a thread for this outside the TV/Film forum. This whole thing feels like a nothing burger.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised there's a thread for this outside the TV/Film forum. This whole thing feels like a nothing burger.
    It was originally being discussed on the Snyder Cut thread there, but got its own thread since it was dominating the conversation there.

It may well be a nothing burger (I'm mostly convinced that Fisher is just throwing a hissy fit for not getting the ego boosting that Snyder was giving him), but, as seen by the page count, we seem to like speculating on the twists and turns this little soap opera is taking. (Heck, I'll be totally honest; the story behind the the Justice League movie, with all it's bad breaks and comedy of errors, is proving to be way more interesting the the actual film was.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It was originally being discussed on the Snyder Cut thread there, but got its own thread since it was dominating the conversation there.

It may well be a nothing burger (I'm mostly convinced that Fisher is just throwing a hissy fit for not getting the ego boosting that Snyder was giving him), but, as seen by the page count, we seem to like speculating on the twists and turns this little soap opera is taking. (Heck, I'll be totally honest; the story behind the the Justice League movie, with all it's bad breaks and comedy of errors, is proving to be way more interesting the the actual film was.)
    And let's face it, we all owe Fisher a debt for supplying some entertainment with this thing at a time when there's not much to be entertained about. It's...diverting.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well, it involves a lot of head honcho's involved in DC productions (in particular Geoff Johns), so that makes it fairly relevant to this thread.