Page 31 of 130 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Some thoughts on that.

First, that people behave badly at times is to be expected. Hopefully you mend fences soon afterwards and move on.

But if an industry causes bosses to behave badly with regularity, or if a boss behaves badly throughout an entire project, then it's not a single case anymore. Then you have constantly badly-behaved people who are allowed to continue, or a structure that causes people to behave badly. In either case, it should be fixed in some way.

Because it IS possible to run a huge film project largely drama-free or without train wrecks. Patty Jenkins manages. Christopher Nolan manages. Marvel largely manages (except when the uppers cave in to Internet right-wing trolls).
    Ive seen nothing but maybe half dozen quotes at most that joss is difficult...

Is he know for being an asshole???

30 year career.

https://variety.com/2020/more/news/j...on-1234852206/

WB says the investigation is over and action has been taken.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    https://variety.com/2020/more/news/j...on-1234852206/

WB says the investigation is over and action has been taken.
    So basically we're still in the dark here.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Well, I guess we'll find out if Fisher starts posting that he's happy with the outcome or protesting that they didn't do enough. We'll have to wait and see, just as I guess we'll have to wait and see how badly Fisher destroyed his career over this.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Pretty much. Good example why people hate corporate Hollywood. With all the trouble WarnerMedia's been in, they still feel the need to try to save face by making silly PR statements about "taking remedial action" instead of specifying what their investigation actually found and did.

Extraordinary Member

I’m just curious about Geoff John’s, he’s the player that will cost WB to loose

He isn't working for them anymore so what can happen to him. WB already fired him in 2018. I imagine the worst thing to happen to Geoff Johns is to fire him from Stargirl as well, but he's not a WB or DC employee anymore so what else can they really do to him. It's what I've always questioned about Ray Fisher's "accountability>entertainment" thing, how can people who no longer work there be held accountable for the JL mess.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-11-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He isn't working for them anymore so what can happen to him. I imagine the worst thing to happen to Geoff Johns is to fire him from Stargirl, but he's not a WB or DC employee so what more can they really do to him. It's what I've always questioned about Fisher's "accountability>entertainment" thing, how can they hold people accountable for the JL mess when they no longer work for them.
    Oh he’s not, so who’s behind the upcoming green lantern project
    Geoff is attached to so much in dc

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Oh he’s not, so who’s behind the upcoming green lantern project
    Geoff is attached to so much in dc
    We haven't heard a thing about that in years. The last thing I remember is he was supposed to finish the script last year. And it's not like they need him for that. Writers get paid for writing scripts whether they get greenlit or not. He co-wrote WW1984 with Jenkins and that's the most high-profile DC project he has currently, but he's not a WB employee. His production company isn't under the WB umbrella. So what can they do to someone who's pretty much been a freelancer. Other than firing him from Stargirl or canceling whatever DC books and collections he's got in the pipeline, what else is there to do.

In my perspective, folks like Walter Hamada and Toby Emmerich should probably be more concerned about this because unlike Johns, they're actual WB executives. Hamada may have not worked on the JL reshoots, but WB didn't even publicly acknowledge the situation until Fisher accused him of trying to cover for those guys. Then he accused Emmerich of "participating in racist conversations behind closed doors". Geoff Johns is basically irrelevant in comparison to people like that. And if WB/DC ever feel the need to use his material for whatever future stories they plan to adapt in outside media, they'll just pay him royalties for it and that's it. They won't need his actual input for those adaptations.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-11-2020 at 09:44 PM.

It's what I've always questioned about Ray Fisher's "accountability>entertainment" thing, how can people who no longer work there be held accountable for the JL mess.
    Maybe he's hoping the people he thought were guilty would get blacklisted or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's as clear as mud. We'll probably never know how much truth there was to Fisher's side, but it's not like it was really our business anyways.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

We haven't heard a thing about that in years.
    We heard about it earlier this year. He's a writer and executive producer on the show. He also either produces or exec produces on various other DC shows, which is likely why they are hesitant to cut ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    We heard about it earlier this year. He's a writer and executive producer on the show. He also either produces or exec produces on various other DC shows, which is likely why they are hesitant to cut ties.
    I was talking about the GLC movie. There hasn't been anything about that in quite a while. And they don't need him to write or produce anything on the movie or TV side. They fired one of the CWverse creators when he was accused of harassment in the past. What makes Geoff more valuable than that guy. And this is Warner Media we're talking about, not Warner Brothers. If they can cut ties with someone like Joss Whedon, why would Geoff Johns get preferential treatment
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-12-2020 at 12:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Johns seems to have been banished to Image for a while and Stargirl has to survive on CW money (and they hate having shows in Georgia) but he doesn’t work directly for Warner anymore so even if there’s enough for a firing there’s nothing that can be done that doesn’t make Warner look bad too

Extraordinary Member

I was talking about the GLC movie. There hasn't been anything about that in quite a while. And they don't need him to write or produce anything on the movie or TV side. They fired one of the CWverse creators when he was accused of harassment in the past. What makes Geoff more valuable than that guy. And this is Warner Media we're talking about, not Warner Brothers. If they can cut ties with someone like Joss Whedon, why would Geoff Johns get preferential treatment
    He’s has his name on many of their successful storylines and diverse new characters
    He has tied himself to many projects