Page 32 of 130 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, I guess we'll find out if Fisher starts posting that he's happy with the outcome or protesting that they didn't do enough. We'll have to wait and see, just as I guess we'll have to wait and see how badly Fisher destroyed his career over this.
    Pretty much. Good example why people hate corporate Hollywood. With all the trouble WarnerMedia's been in, they still feel the need to try to save face by making silly PR statements about "taking remedial action" instead of specifying what their investigation actually found and did.
    Well, it would be nice to actually know the specifics regarding Fisher's charges. He can post them anytime, but my gut says they either aren't as bad as he's alluding to or he doesn't want to be sued for slander/libel.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I was like a lot of you in that I wanted specifics of what Ray Fisher was talking about regarding Whedon's "gross and unprofessional behavior."

However, the fact that Warners has said that "remedial action has been taken" does seem to indicate that Warners did find at least some of Fisher's claims to be valid because up until now, they've been denying stuff and saying that Fisher wasn't cooperating with the investigation.

Fisher seems to be happy with the outcome although he says that more remedial action is still to come or needs to happen.

So, maybe Fisher was right in that Whedon was removed from his recent Warners project THE NEVERS because of the investigation, and that was an example of the "remedial action."

I guess, because of Fisher's NDAs that we'll never know the full story, but since Warners didn't have a problem with denying things months ago, but is now all of a sudden enacting "remedial action," it does seem to add a lot of validity to Fisher's claims from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I was like a lot of you in that I wanted specifics of what Ray Fisher was talking about regarding Whedon's "gross and unprofessional behavior."

However, the fact that Warners has said that "remedial action has been taken" does seem to indicate that Warners did find at least some of Fisher's claims to be valid because up until now, they've been denying stuff and saying that Fisher wasn't cooperating with the investigation.

Fisher seems to be happy with the outcome although he says that more remedial action is still to come or needs to happen.

So, maybe Fisher was right in that Whedon was removed from his recent Warners project THE NEVERS because of the investigation, and that was an example of the "remedial action."

I guess, because of Fisher's NDAs that we'll never know the full story, but since Warners didn't have a problem with denying things months ago, but is now all of a sudden enacting "remedial action," it does seem to add a lot of validity to Fisher's claims from the beginning.
    "Remedial action" could mean a variety of things, though. It doesn't have to be anything truly serious, but for PR reasons only. But as you posted, we may never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And they don't need him to write or produce anything on the movie or TV side.
    Whether or not you think they need him is immaterial. Fact is, he's still involved in a number of their DC projects on the media front. He may be on the outs after this, but the idea WB had already cut ties with him is factual incorrect.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, that's as clear as mud. We'll probably never know how much truth there was to Fisher's side, but it's not like it was really our business anyways.
    Ray made it everyone's business by opening his big mouth and tossing vague stuff out.

Everyone including other studios, actors, behind the scenes folks and investors.

Wheldon and Johns have ZERO issues in finding WORK. Ray can't say the same. Now if every movie he does is from Warner Brothers-that would be a sign.

If they can cut ties with someone like Joss Whedon, why would Geoff Johns get preferential treatment
    You really want Johns going to say Disney? To say hand him say the Inhumans or whatever D-Z list franchise they have that they want to be lifted up?

Whedon has his hands in various stuff outside of WB. He made his foundation on Buffy-Johns did it with JSA & Hal.

I would be less willing to part with Johns after how many franchise he has fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Ray made it everyone's business by opening his big mouth and tossing vague stuff out.

Everyone including other studios, actors, behind the scenes folks and investors.

Wheldon and Johns have ZERO issues in finding WORK. Ray can't say the same. Now if every movie he does is from Warner Brothers-that would be a sign.
    All I can say is that WB is punishing anyone, I hope its because something turned out to be true and that someone isn't suffering just to an entitled actor throwing a temper tantrum that he's not being given special treatment to shut up and stop giving them bad press. People abusing their power and getting away with it is bad, but people lying about being victims seems worse, since it makes it easier to discredit real victims when they speak up.

Maybe WB saying there's something to deal with vindicates Fisher, but I do wish that the full story would come out. Admittedly this springing from my biases that Fisher was just unhappy no longer being the golden boy when this first came out, but between how tin hat conspiracy theory his story grew and how his posting made him seem like a self-righteous jerk then someone seeking justice, I guess I'd feel better knowing who the heroes and villains of the story were, so to speak.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Whether or not you think they need him is immaterial. Fact is, he's still involved in a number of their DC projects on the media front. He may be on the outs after this, but the idea WB had already cut ties with him is factual incorrect.
    When have I claimed that they've already cut ties with him? I said they won't need his creative input for future adaptations that might be based on his material should they decide to part ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Warner Bros. and Warner Media are two separate entities. Warner Bros. were the ones who said Fisher wasn't cooperating with their investigation, while Warner Media launched a new investigation after Fisher wasn't satisfied with the previous investigator. Whatever "remedial action" is being taken, it's by Warner Media, not Warner Bros. After all Fisher also accused high-ranking people who still work for Warner Bros. like Hamada and Emmerich, while Johns is practically a freelance writer and producer, not a studio executive. He's in no position of power in WB or DC anymore, so if part of the "remedial action" is to give him the boot, it should be relatively easy to do so regardless of the media projects he's been involved in.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-12-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

Again, as a practical HR matter he got the boot years ago from his email employment, Stargirl is stealth cancelled and his imprint is DoA

Short of killing off Stargirl in the comics in a distasteful matter there’s not much more Warner can do without opening the nuclear options that has too much collateral for their bottom line

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Again, as a practical HR matter he got the boot years ago from his email employment, Stargirl is stealth cancelled and his imprint is DoA

Short of killing off Stargirl in the comics in a distasteful matter there’s not much more Warner can do without opening the nuclear options that has too much collateral for their bottom line
    Say it ain't so .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Say it ain't so .
    Consider the evident CGI budget in season 1 that staff/superpowers/STRIPE require; consider that CW prefers to operate their shows in Vancouver and just cancelled the other Georgia based show

Consider that it’s the only DC Universe Show that didn’t move to HBO Max and then add in that, consider the age we are in, Stargirl would profoundly on the conservative of end of the Arrowverse fare to date

A smaller budget stretched across more episodes, a locale that won’t suit all the cast and without whatever crossover benefit the other shows have. Doesn’t look too good

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Say it ain't so .
    It definitely isn't stealth cancelled. The ratings are proof positive of that.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Consider the evident CGI budget in season 1 that staff/superpowers/STRIPE require; consider that CW prefers to operate their shows in Vancouver and just cancelled the other Georgia based show

Consider that it’s the only DC Universe Show that didn’t move to HBO Max and then add in that, consider the age we are in, Stargirl would profoundly on the conservative of end of the Arrowverse fare to date

A smaller budget stretched across more episodes, a locale that won’t suit all the cast and without whatever crossover benefit the other shows have. Doesn’t look too good
    I think Stargirl does much better rating-wise than Black Lightning, for what it's worth. I'm not sure how much of the budget CW is footing, but I guess they're doing all of it now?

I don't think the show is particularly any more conservative than, say, The Flash.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

If any merit was found to Fisher's accusations, what "remedial actions" could be taken against Whedon, Berg, or Johns, because none of them are employees of Warner Bros. Johns & Berg were already fired in 2018. Whedon's a freelancer and his last project with Warners is over. Johns is a producer/writer on several DC projects, but they can't remove him from those projects because of union rules and their contracts.

Unless they cancel ALL of the shows and movies Geoff Johns is a producer on, Warner Bros will be paying him for years and years to come.

If Johns is removed from Stargirl, then we know that the investigation found something damning. Otherwise, I don't see how Fisher can show that Johns has been found culpable in the investigation.

Stargirl is not stealth cancelled, nor is that the only show he's involved in. Where are people getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When have I claimed that they've already cut ties with him? I said they won't need his creative input for future adaptations that might be based on his material should they decide to part ways.
    That's your reading. Clearly they've gotten something out of this arrangement or else they would've thrown him to the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If any merit was found to Fisher's accusations, what "remedial actions" could be taken against Whedon, Berg, or Johns, because none of them are employees of Warner Bros. Johns & Berg were already fired in 2018. Whedon's a freelancer and his last project with Warners is over. Johns is a producer/writer on several DC projects, but they can't remove him from those projects because of union rules and their contracts.
    Whedon leaving his HBO show may well have been the remedial action. We don't know.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-12-2020 at 07:29 PM.