Page 33 of 130 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If any merit was found to Fisher's accusations, what "remedial actions" could be taken against Whedon, Berg, or Johns, because none of them are employees of Warner Bros. Johns & Berg were already fired in 2018. Whedon's a freelancer and his last project with Warners is over. Johns is a producer/writer on several DC projects, but they can't remove him from those projects because of union rules and their contracts.

Unless they cancel ALL of the shows and movies Geoff Johns is a producer on, Warner Bros will be paying him for years and years to come.

If Johns is removed from Stargirl, then we know that the investigation found something damning. Otherwise, I don't see how Fisher can show that Johns has been found culpable in the investigation.
    If Disney could get rid of John Lasseter after his sexual harassment scandals, despite that he was both the CEO of Disney Animation and created pretty much every Pixar character under the sun, I don't see how someone who's not even a WB employee like Geoff Johns would be that big of an issue.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If Disney could get rid of John Lasseter after his sexual harassment scandals, despite that he was both the CEO of Disney Animation and created pretty much every Pixar character under the sun, I don't see how someone who's not even a WB employee like Geoff Johns would be that big of an issue.
    Does anybody think Johns did anything remotely similar to what Lasseter did?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Does anybody think Johns did anything remotely similar malfeasance-wise to what Lasseter did?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Does anybody think Johns did anything remotely similar malfeasance-wise to what Lasseter did?
    It's not about that, it's about how someone like Lasseter couldn't save himself just because Pixar wouldn't be what it is today without him. Abuse scandals are the worst kind of publicity any corporation wants. And Lasseter was a lot more respected in Hollywood than Johns is. The fact that Geoff has been instrumental for the current DC landscape does not make him bulletproof. He's barely even working for DC anymore as it is, not to mention that basically all of his peers are no longer there anyway. I take no glee in this since the man is a good part of the reason I am a DC fan today, but people who allegedly abuse their power should have no business being in the position they're in.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-13-2020 at 08:22 PM.

It's not about that, it's about how someone like Lasseter couldn't save himself just because Pixar wouldn't be what it is today without him. Abuse scandals are the worst kind of publicity any corporation wants. And Lasseter was a lot more respected in Hollywood than Johns is. The fact that Geoff has been instrumental for the current DC landscape does not make him bulletproof. He's barely even working for DC anymore as it is, not to mention that basically all of his peers are no longer there anyway. I take no glee in this since the man is a good part of the reason I am a DC fan today, but people who allegedly abuse their power should have no business being in the position they're in.
    Really tricky thing, since people who do abuse their power should be removed, but people who are falsely accused should not. Sadly, it's very often hard to tell which is which thanks to many abuses being done without witnesses and the status quo being set up to make it hard for the victims of these abuses get justice only makes it harder.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Really tricky thing, since people who do abuse their power should be removed, but people who are falsely accused should not. Sadly, it's very often hard to tell which is which thanks to many abuses being done without witnesses and the status quo being set up to make it hard for the victims of these abuses get justice only makes it harder.
    Well the investigation found that something bad had indeed happened during the JL reshoots, so if they just make a public statement about taking action and not following through, they'd only make themselves look worse. It's not like Fisher would let them off the hook anyway, they launched this investigation in the first place because he opened his mouth about it. I doubt they want him to start talking again if they don't do anything about the situation. Even if we don't get the kind of juicy headline the Snyder cult dreams of about Johns being fired "for grossly abusive behavior", I do expect in the following months to find out that he's no longer involved in whatever he's currently working on for DC.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-14-2020 at 05:09 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Whedon leaving his HBO show may well have been the remedial action. We don't know.
    If the remedial action is not immediately clear to the public, I'm not sure how Fisher is going to be able to declare himself vindicated, but maybe that's the point. They'll take care of things behind closed doors and leave him out to dry.

Yeah, but nobody knows what Geoff actually did. Oh yeah, he was an enabler. What does that mean? What did he enable (and i'm talking specifics) All we have are Fisher's vague words and the corporate-sounding "remedial action" which might not amount to a hill of beans.

Look, I know there are some people in fandom who want Johns gone and the reason doesn't matter. For me, the reason does matter. I don't want anyone fired for only face-saving excuses.

If the remedial action is not immediately clear to the public, I'm not sure how Fisher is going to be able to declare himself vindicated, but maybe that's the point. They'll take care of things behind closed doors and leave him out to dry.
    It would have been a lot clearer had Justice League been a financial and critical success, but the failure of the film muddies things up.

Astonishing Member

Why wouldn't they? It's not like Fisher's ever exposed a smoking gun and what details do get leaked make him look foolish. I'm irritated this disaster is going to make it harder for the next POC speaking up at WB who has actual real concerns might get tarnished by this by association and Fisher's martyr act will demotivate them to go forward if they believe his claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Why wouldn't they? It's not like Fisher's ever exposed a smoking gun and what details do get leaked make him look foolish. I'm irritated this disaster is going to make it harder for the next POC speaking up at WB who has actual real concerns might get tarnished by this by association and Fisher's martyr act will demotivate them to go forward if they believe his claims.
    If they plan on continuing Snyder’s JL after the Snyder Cut on HBO MAX then they can’t really cut him off. Snyder is absolutely going to want him back.

Extraordinary Member

Still trying to figure out what “bad things” happened during reshoots?

Well the investigation found that something bad had indeed happened during the JL reshoots, so if they just make a public statement about taking action and not following through, they'd only make themselves look worse. It's not like Fisher would let them off the hook anyway, they launched this investigation in the first place because he opened his mouth about it. I doubt they want him to start talking again if they don't do anything about the situation. Even if we don't get the kind of juicy headline the Snyder cult dreams of about Johns being fired "for grossly abusive behavior", I do expect in the following months to find out that he's no longer involved in whatever he's currently working on for DC.
    Seeing as they haven't said what bad thing(s) happened during the shoot, we still don't know who actually did what and if it was as bad as Fisher has been alleged.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If they plan on continuing Snyder’s JL after the Snyder Cut on HBO MAX then they can’t really cut him off. Snyder is absolutely going to want him back.
    Snyder works for WB, not the other way round. While they might want to keep Snyder happy if they decide to give him his own little Snyderverse sandbox to play in, if they decide that they're done with Ray Fisher and don't care how much Snyder protests, then that's that. (Besides, any one can be recast.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think the chances of this are pretty unlikely.

I am glad we're finally getting to see Zack Snyder's Justice League, but does anyone think that the reception is going to be any different from what BvS, Man of Steel, and Watchmen got?

Granted, stranger things have happened

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think the chances of this are pretty unlikely.

I am glad we're finally getting to see Zack Snyder's Justice League, but does anyone think that the reception is going to be any different from what BvS, Man of Steel, and Watchmen got?

Granted, stranger things have happened
    It's kind of shocking we're even getting the Snyder Cut to begin with, so anything's possible.