Page 36 of 130 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What do you watch on Amazon?
    Quite a lot. There's a new Grand Tour episode about to come out. Lot's of other stuff. The Boys for example.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wonder who will be the next to come forward.
    "His truth"? Wow, that's a ringing endorsement. Don't go out on a limb there, Gal. And eat that cake while you have it. And her own issue didn't sound that serious. Probably either a Tom Cruise style blow up due to stress by Whedon, or Gadot didn't like his acting direction, while Whedon probably wanted to give a pretty bad actor in Gadot, (but a decent star if you get my difference there), some instruction in what he wanted from her. Either way, it didn't seem to trouble her that much, and she got a resolution quickly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From the L.A. Times:

,Although she declined to elaborate further Gadot acknowledged she had her own “experience” with the director, which was resolved to her satisfaction. “I’m happy for Ray to go out and speak his truth,” says Gadot. “I wasn’t there with the guys when they shot with Joss Whedon — I had my own experience with [him], which wasn’t the best one, but I took care of it there and when it happened. I took it to the higher-ups and they took care of it. But I’m happy for Ray to go up and say his truth.”

Full article: https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...der-woman-1984
    Ask her again when she does NOT have a movie coming out.

If Snyder gets more work from WB, then we will have tangible proof it was a success. If not...
    Still not proof. We have seen directors and writers still get work with flops and even string of flops.
    That good old boy network has its perks.

Netflix and Adam Sandler say hi.

Andrew Stanton say hi. He gave Disney the box office bomb known as John Carter and the ill-fated Onward. He gave Pixar Good Dinosaur under performing.
    He still worked for both of them including writing Toy Story 4.

I don't see many HBO Max subscriptions being sold by this.
    They aren't because AT&T is offering it free if you sign up for one of their Internet services.

I would also suspect you can get it free via a cell phone deal somewhere.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    "His truth"? Wow, that's a ringing endorsement. Don't go out on a limb there, Gal. And eat that cake while you have it. And her own issue didn't sound that serious. Probably either a Tom Cruise style blow up due to stress by Whedon, or Gadot didn't like his acting direction, while Whedon probably wanted to give a pretty bad actor in Gadot, (but a decent star if you get my difference there), some instruction in what he wanted from her. Either way, it didn't seem to trouble her that much, and she got a resolution quickly.
    She has a movie coming out. She is not going to let Ray's mess derail her.

Note she said she was NOT there when Wheldon was around Ray.

“I wasn’t there with the guys when they shot with Joss Whedon"
    SOOOO what did Wheldon actually change? Did they leave the ending alone? Did they leave the final battle alone? Because there would have had to be a time where they were ALL together with Wheldon.

Are we back to Whedon and not Johns or Jon Berg?

Interesting that Gal mentions the higher ups taking care of it when she took it up with them, while with Ray apparently it was the exact opposite. That's why it's important for the more prominent actors to speak up since the higher ups obviously valued them more than Fisher. I'm probably most curious about Affleck who was going through an awful time in his personal life back then.

Extraordinary Member

I get the impression Whedon was not only brought in to finish, but to basically change the tone of the whole movie as well as mess with the color sats. Sounds like basically an impossible job, and under a deadline. Which probably explains the hot mess that resulted. In part. I suppose once the Snyder cut gets released, we'll have a better idea of the differences between the two.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From the L.A. Times:

The theatrical version of “Justice League,” which was completed by director Joss Whedon after Snyder had to step back for personal reasons, opened a few months after “Wonder Woman” but was roundly dismissed by critics and audiences alike. The disappointment turned into something even more serious over the summer when Gadot’s “Justice League” co-star Ray Fisher spoke out about “gross, abusive, unprofessional and completely unacceptable” treatment by Whedon during production.

Although she declined to elaborate further, Gadot acknowledged she had her own “experience” with the director, which was resolved to her satisfaction. “I’m happy for Ray to go out and speak his truth,” says Gadot. “I wasn’t there with the guys when they shot with Joss Whedon — I had my own experience with [him], which wasn’t the best one, but I took care of it there and when it happened. I took it to the higher-ups and they took care of it. But I’m happy for Ray to go up and say his truth.”

Full article: https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...der-woman-1984
    This would certainly explain why Gadot didn't back up Fisher's accusations earlier. She wasn't there. Her reshoots took place separately.

From the sounds of it, Gadot had the juice to push back with Whedon whereas Fisher, being a complete newcomer, did not.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This would certainly explain why Gadot didn't back up Fisher's accusations earlier. She wasn't there. Her reshoots took place separately.

From the sounds of it, Gadot had the juice to push back with Whedon whereas Fisher, being a complete newcomer, did not.
    I've heard she strongly disagreed with the shot where Flash falls onto Diana and that had to be shot with a double because she did not want to do it.

And she was right not to do so. That scene was awful.

I believe she was also pregnant at the time so asking a woman in her state to do a scene like that is in bad taste to say the least.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I've heard she strongly disagreed with the shot where Flash falls onto Diana and that had to be shot with a double because she did not want to do it.

And she was right not to do so. That scene was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I believe she was also pregnant at the time so asking a woman in her state to do a scene like that is in bad taste to say the least.
    Between stuff like this, his Wonder Woman script, the Black Widow stuff in AoU, and especially Inara originally meant to be gang raped by Reavers in Firefly so Mal could learn to be a better man, I'm wondering how much of Buffy ending up a great character/series was just a happy accident and/or the rest of the writers and cast were pulling their weight a lot more than we thought.

Though he even managed to screw that up towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Between stuff like this, his Wonder Woman script, the Black Widow stuff in AoU, and especially Inara originally meant to be gang raped by Reavers in Firefly so Mal could learn to be a better man, I'm wondering how much of Buffy ending up a great character/series was just a happy accident and/or the rest of the writers and cast were pulling their weight a lot more than we thought.

Though he even managed to screw that up towards the end.
    Unfortunately it seems like it's just another disappointing case of a fake feminist exposed for what he truly is.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Unfortunately it seems like it's just another disappointing case of a fake feminist exposed for what he truly is.
    Better late than never, I'm afraid. I'm glad Whedon is out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we back to Whedon and not Johns or Jon Berg?
    seems so, But while Whedon might have done something wrong, I don't believe Berg or Johns did. But could be I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I was just as skeptical as others of Ray's claim as anyone else but now the investigation is over and Whedon's had two projects drop out from under him. It seems pretty likely that something was uncovered.

I find it kind of odd that people have for weeks on here been saying that it was likely nothing and Ray was blowing it out of proportion, but now that the investigation is over and it's looking like there has been some sort of consequence for Whedon (I have a hard time believing losing two shows like that was a coincidence) it's somehow still not his fault.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-17-2020 at 08:04 PM.