Page 38 of 130 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Worth noting Geoff Johns is one of the writers on the DC Infinite Frontier one-shot announced today. So as of now the company still has not severed any ties with him.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Worth noting Geoff Johns is one of the writers on the DC Infinite Frontier one-shot announced today. So as of now the company still has not severed any ties with him.
    Is that like another "Rebirth" special?

It appears so.

Astonishing Member

Setting aside the bad PR that might result, I doubt anyone’s going to deny Johns writing something involving Stargirl for somewhat obvious reasons. The question is if this is Johns has anything after it (or if this is his DC tenure come full circle)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    It's more than interesting, IMO. Snyder might just be doing his impersonation of a phoenix.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It's more than interesting, IMO. Snyder might just be doing his impersonation of a phoenix.
    Didn't Synder claim awhile back that his movies were already in a different continuity from the DCEU (Snyderverse connections to DC movies he didn't work on be damned)? Who's to say that, even if the DCEU ignores the original version of Justice League that they're going to make the Snyderverse part of the DCEU again or whatever?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Didn't Synder claim awhile back that his movies were already in a different continuity from the DCEU (Snyderverse connections to DC movies he didn't work on be damned)? Who's to say that, even if the DCEU ignores the original version of Justice League that they're going to make the Snyderverse part of the DCEU again or whatever?
    No, he didn't. Zach Snyder has only shown support to other DCEU projects and still does. It's crazy how people think the worse of Zach Snyder just because they dislike his movies.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Or you might even say he's like Jesus...

Also distancing themselves from the disgraced Joss Whedon is probably the best move and shows the DCEU is right on track.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Say what you will about Snyder as a filmmaker, he is clearly beloved by his cast, crew, and fellow directors.

That says a lot.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Say what you will about Snyder as a filmmaker, he is clearly beloved by his cast, crew, and fellow directors.

That says a lot.
    With respect to a few of them, he kind of made their careers or cemented them in the mainstream's eyes. Momoa and Fisher in particular got the breakthroughs most only dream of thanks to him, and the former has definitely benefited form it in a big bad way. I'd argue Miller, Gadot and Cavil all got a significant boost from their DCEU casting.

Hard to hate the guy who put bread on your table unless, well, he's abusive. Zack seems like many things (braindead dudebro, pretentious) but he also seems like he's earnest in what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    No, he didn't. Zach Snyder has only shown support to other DCEU projects and still does. It's crazy how people think the worse of Zach Snyder just because they dislike his movies.
    "[My movies are] kind of separate now from what I would say the DC cinematic universe [is] in continuity. I think it’s divergent, in that way. And I think that’s a good thing." - Zack Snyder, 2020 (and yeah, I get that it's Grace Randolph, but still)

Taking a closer look at the comment, it's certainly vaguer then I remembered as to whether he was talking about canon and continuity between the Snyderverse and DCEU as a whole or just that the franchise is embracing a wider creative voice then the one he used in his movies (although I think his invocation of the word "continuity" points to him thinking that his stuff isn't canon to the DCEU, or vice versa, depending on how you look at it).

All that said, how is it an attack on Snyder to suggest that he thinks his stuff is separate from the other movies? My point was just that it seems like DC doesn't have much of a game plan beyond making movies and letting viewers piece them together then anything suggesting Snyder's character.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Outside of potentially stepping down as Stargirl showrunner, I don't really expect any other juicy headline about Johns. He's barely even associated with DC as it is anyway. I don't see them canceling Batman Earth One Vol 3 or whatever Death Metal/Infinite Frontier issues he's taking part in or anything that's already been long in the can. I can see them canceling his plans to do a 3 Jokers sequel though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Snyder may be great on set, his problem is off-set and in the media. When he comes off like Trump having a temper tantrum over minor things and calling people virgins because they don't like his Batman killing people it doesn't leave a good impression. If it was just about his movies people would be less angry at him, it's a one two punch for his critics which he doesn't offer anything for them to hold onto to like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Outside of potentially stepping down as Stargirl showrunner, I don't really expect any other juicy headline about Johns. He's barely even associated with DC as it is anyway.
    People keep saying that, but as I already mentioned, he's a producer or EP on a number of shows including Green Lantern. The idea he's barely associated with DC is simply untrue. If he's actually removed from his position on those shows then that would indicate something untoward was uncovered.

Astonishing Member

No one is going to remove him from being EP of a show about a character created as a tribute to his late sister.

And on that note, if Johns really did use the death of Snyder’s daughter to get him sacked, he is a terrible, terrible person regardless of any other accusations