Page 45 of 130 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Fisher already has a role in the upcoming ABC series about Emmett Till. It should premiere sometime next year.

Fisher gave good performances in his Off-Broadway theater work.

Some of you make it sound as though he hasn't done anything in five years; Hollywood isn't that easy. He was just on an HBO show in 2019, and this year we are in a pandemic. The man is still doing auditions. He's got upcoming projects and will have other opportunities. The majority of people don't make it in film. He's doing alright. I'm sure everyone wishes they could be like Mark Walhberg or the Rock or Samuel L Jackson, but those are few and far between. I have friends who went to Highschool with who get by on bit roles, but they make it work.

I would encourage him to keep pursuing limited series and biopics. Those seem to be where he excels. At this point, I'm not sure where the rest of the DCEU films stand or if he has an opportunity to continue with them. I'm sure there will be an Aquaman 2 and will see how the new Batman film does. After that, they might reboot things or place things on hiatus for a bit, who knows.

Until shown otherwise, I'm not expecting him to be Denzel. And as far as blackballing, I've seen far worse. If we don't see him in anything for the next three to five years, then maybe I'll concede something. Even the talk surrounding the allegations is not huge news, especially outside of the circles who are following all this intently.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm trying to understand why the number of credits he currently has means he's not a good actor (instead of just a fairly new actor instead). Anyway, I have never intimated he was another Brando, only that he was likable enough for me in the things I have seen him in.
    Which is fair enough... I however have not been impressed. If he was in the first season of True Detective, I don't remember him at all. I have not seen him in the other astronaut role either. The only thing I've seen him in was Cyborg, and wasn't impressed. May or may not be his fault.. he may have a ton of talent... but I haven't seen it.

That said... the number of credits you have is a pretty good baseline for your quality of an 'actor'. How much range do you have? Can you play a serial killer? A stock broker, a high school teacher, a love interest, action, comedy... Can you make all these roles believable to the audience... If you've only had one or two roles and they are basically no difference... then I am really hesitant to claim they are 'good actors'. Even if that one that role was completley knocked out of the park.

It's like declaring someone is a great baseball player when they've only been up to bat twice and struck out both times...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That he failed to invest Cybore with....anything really, that made me like him or sympathize with him is what makes him not a good actor. He was...a prop as far as I was concerned, and that it was the Snyder cut was somehow going to redeem him isn't an excuse; Mamoa and the others at least gave me something to like, something to go with, even in the Whedon cut. He wasn't bad, just not that good, certainly not leading man good. His part was large enough certainly to make some sort of positive impression, but he didn't.
    I think this remains to be seen until we see the Snyder cut. The JL movie was a cobbled together tonal mess, and the now investigated and confirmed offscreen drama with Whedon no doubt impacted the performance. I think the jury is out until we see Fisher, as Cyborg, directed with the original intent of Snyder.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Fisher already has a role in the upcoming ABC series about Emmett Till. It should premiere sometime next year.

Fisher gave good performances in his Off-Broadway theater work.

Some of you make it sound as though he hasn't done anything in five years; Hollywood isn't that easy. He was just on an HBO show in 2019, and this year we are in a pandemic. The man is still doing auditions. He's got upcoming projects and will have other opportunities. The majority of people don't make it in film. He's doing alright. I'm sure everyone wishes they could be like Mark Walhberg or the Rock or Samuel L Jackson, but those are few and far between. I have friends who went to Highschool with who get by on bit roles, but they make it work.
    We know that but don't SCREW it up before you get started by appearing to be bitter or toxic. Folks are getting to the point of they are tired of toxic and bitter folks acting up.

Like Tupac who was suppose to be Old Dawg in Menace to Society.
    Like Misha Barton who was so toxic on The Model Life-they axed the show.
    Like Brett Butler who screwed up and got Grace Under Fire axed and saw 2 cast members quit because of her.
    Like Yancy Butler and Witchblade Series.

I am more of stop doing crap that causes doors to be SHUT. Especially in this climate where I think a LOT of toxic folks are going to see jobs dry up.

That said... the number of credits you have is a pretty good baseline for your quality of an 'actor'. How much range do you have? Can you play a serial killer? A stock broker, a high school teacher, a love interest, action, comedy... Can you make all these roles believable to the audience... If you've only had one or two roles and they are basically no difference... then I am really hesitant to claim they are 'good actors'. Even if that one that role was completely knocked out of the park.
    In defense you have to have opportunities.

If his agent is NOT getting him auditions-nobody will know.

If he thinks he's too good for certain auditions-nobody will know.

Especially if you are cities where auditions are far and few.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I do wonder if the "unprofessional" behaviour that Whedon exhibited might not just be his calling him a crap actor and then cutting his screen time to nothing. I honestly don't think it would take much more than that for Fisher, a largely untested actor, to have this major axe to grind.

This is why his vague, unsubstantiated claims are so frustrating. Whedon clearly isn't always easy to work with (just as clearly, he must be doing something right that most of those he worked with in the past jump at the chance to work with him again and praised him to high heaven) and he is, would you know it, a flawed human being but it looks like his whole career is being torched for what can be anything from genuinely abusing his cast and crew to blowing up from the stress of the whole Justice League mess or for simply doing his job in a tactless way or for nothing at all. If he was truly as awful as Fisher may be implying then, sure, it's good that he pays for that but otherwise, this whole thing just kind of stinks to high heaven.
    Last edited by Ilan Preskovsky; 12-31-2020 at 08:22 PM.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I do wonder if the "unprofessional" behaviour that Whedon exhibited might not just be his calling him a crap actor and then cutting his screen time to nothing. I honestly don't think it would take much more than that for Fisher, a largely untested actor, to have this major axe to grind.
    I doubt Whedon said anything about his acting, but he might have told Fisher this is the new reality - either deal with it or move on. Of course, it could have been more serious than that, but we're all ln the dark regarding what actually transpired at the moment.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Call him a crappy actor maybe but cutting scenes? I want to say no-not if those parts are important to the movie.

Now we have had cases where an entire storyline got cut along with a person.

Star Wars Force Awakens with the ONLY black woman in the film getting cut out except for her death. Too many Star Wars books with her in uniform and actual filmed scenes along with a novel meant her to be more than her death in that film.

Friday Night Light season 4 cut out an entire storyline that was filmed.

I want to say no-not if those parts are important to the movie.
    I'm not sure whether the scenes were important or not, but Cyborg was easily the least important character on the team.

Cyborg reportedly was the "heart" of the team in the original cut and had a lot of screentime since he was the character the audience needed the most introduction to (Aquaman and Flash were scheduled to get solo movies likely exploring their backgrounds in more detail and everyone already knew Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman). When the decision was made that the movie had to be under two hours, a lot of shit had to go and that probably meant a lot of the Cyborg stuff in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Friday Night Light season 4 cut out an entire storyline that was filmed.
    I never heard about that. What was the storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm not sure whether the scenes were important or not, but Cyborg was easily the least important character on the team.
    as it should be, otherwise the rest would have been his supporting cast. I recall that a good number of fans criticized that Green Lantern should have been on the team not Cyborg.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Once again Fisher isn't being transparent - what exactly did Hamada do that was bad during that period? All we have is that Hamada worked with Johns on Shazam, what does that have to do with what went on in Justice League?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am, once again, becoming more skeptical of Fisher.

I am not sure exactly what his plan is here because, unless he starts being more specific in his charges against these people, he's only going to damage his cause.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am, once again, becoming more skeptical of Fisher.

I am not sure exactly what his plan is here because, unless he starts being more specific in his charges against these people, he's only going to damage his cause.
    As long as the Twitter crowd eats up his vague crap, he doesn't need to be more specific.
    "Cable was right!"