Page 47 of 130 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This would be Strike 2 against Fisher by my count. First, he claimed that Whedon altered the skin tones of the black actors, but this was proven to be false and a retraction was made. Next, he claimed that Johns would be given the boot and that clearly has not happened. One more demonstrable false claim and I think Fisher will have lost any credibility he has. He should tread lightly or else he could derail whatever good was accomplished by his actions and inflict real damage upon future accusations made within Hollywood.

That said, Warner Bros. is one Strike 1 for falsely claiming that Mamoa was starring in a Frosty The Snowman movie produced by Johns & Berg. And that's on top of Hollywood's long history of covering up bad behavior on the part of producers, directors, executives, and stars.

It's pretty obvious that the production of Justice League was a train wreck and Whedon, Johns & Berg could have handled things much better, but given the ridiculous edicts given to them by now disgraced ex-WB head Kevin Tsujihara, those guys were under enormous pressure. They were given the almost impossible task of reshaping a film already shooting into a completely different film with a firm release date, a director who'd suffered one of the worst tragedies imaginable, a star with alcoholism, a second star whose decision to grow a moustache for another film required 8 million dollars of horribly unconvincing SFX, and another star who'd become emboldened by the massive success of her first starring role. And, on top of all that, they had to make sure the movie came in under 2 hours.

The fact that any of these guys managed to not have a nervous breakdown is remarkable, so I can totally get why they were probably incidents on set in which they were gigantic assholes to the people working under them.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Warner Media has chimed in.
    Translation: “**** off Fisher, it’s over, we’re not firing Johns and you’re not coming back”.
    I don’t know if we’ll ever learn whether Whedon stepping down was said “remedial action” but it looks like that’s a wrap, especially with Hamada getting an extension. Fisher should just try to get a role in whatever projects Snyder’s got coming up since he won’t ever be getting back on a WB set I’d wager.

Warner Media has chimed in.
    "The investigation has concluded and it is time to move on."

Man, I hope that's true.

This comes off as reactionary more than anything else. WB doesn't need to publicly fire Johns to part ways with him, they could just choose not to renew his contract after it expires instead.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-08-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Or Ray was just incorrect. The fact that WarnerMedia, the people he kept claiming as allies in all this, basically had to do a press release saying "Let it go, dude" is telling.

Or Ray was just incorrect. The fact that WarnerMedia, the people he kept claiming as allies in all this, basically had to do a press release saying "Let it go, dude" is telling.
    the dude is trying to stay relevant, but in doing so he can kiss goodbye ever doing a cyborg movie.

In his defense I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to have figured out a while back that the Cyborg movie was not happening. I don't think he's under any delusion he's coming back to do another DC movie after this.

In his defense I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to have figured out a while back that the Cyborg movie was not happening. I don't think he's under any delusion he's coming back to do another DC movie after this.
    he was trying to get back at them for canceling his solo movie.
    At this point WB will prefer to stop all their movies than give him a part in any movie.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t know if we’ll ever learn whether Whedon stepping down was said “remedial action” but it looks like that’s a wrap, especially with Hamada getting an extension. Fisher should just try to get a role in whatever projects Snyder’s got coming up since he won’t ever be getting back on a WB set I’d wager.
    Basically, his strategy has met a dead end, so unless he starts to actually state specifics or go to court, Ray is only wasting his time now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At the rate he is going it might not be anywhere.

Yes he got some projects but he can still be recasted. Especially if a studio thinks he is going to use that project to snap at WB. Because right now that is going to be a distraction when your media writes about that show and mentions him and his issues with WB. Since the studio can not control what the media reports or write-they can control who in what role.

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...71954426015747

He's both persistent and entertaining, that's for sure. I think both WB's PR team and certain journalists make it too easy for Fisher to clap back.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-09-2021 at 12:45 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

He's both persisting and entertaining, that's for sure. I think both WB's PR team and certain journalists make it too easy for Fisher to clap back.
    Unfortunately for Ray, the most entertaining aspect of all of this is his career going up in flames.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Unfortunately for Ray, the most entertaining aspect of all of this is his career going up in flames.
    Train wrecks are strangely compelling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

He's both persisting and entertaining, that's for sure. I think both WB's PR team and certain journalists make it too easy for Fisher to clap back.
    All that does is make WB look good, whether they're trolling or not. Fisher's a grown man, he should know now is the time too chill. He's got nothing.

Incredible Member

i'm sure the asylum will welcome him with open arms. when they are making their spoof of the justice league , they could have an original cast member. they could give him his own cyborg movie call 'cyber borgman' or something.