Page 49 of 130 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i'm sure the asylum will welcome him with open arms. when they are making their spoof of the justice league , they could have an original cast member. they could give him his own cyborg movie call 'cyber borgman' or something.
    Please don't give Asylum films any ideas. They already did Avengers twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Johns is still writing a story for the next big publishing initiative (although that might've been set before the Fisher drama, but they could have cut the story), and as far as I know production on Stargirl is still moving forward.
    besides he and jenkins are working on WW3 and a spinoff.

That feels pretty final on Fisher’s end as well. I would say I respect Ray’s principles but he’s willing to work with known abusers in Leto and Heard so A>E only goes so far. Still no specifics about what exactly happened though, and we’ll see if Johns is actually getting “phased out” or not.

So has someone told him that Geoff Johns is being phased out or is he just assuming? Nothing's really been officially exposed as far as I can tell other than what Fisher's alludes as to what happened.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

"Will the real Big Bad in Ray Fisher's eyes this week please stand up?"
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    "Will the real Big Bad in Ray Fisher's eyes this week please stand up?"
    Also, it's far past time for him to put up or shut up with some concrete claims, and some concrete evidence to support those claims. So far, I've heard nothing that what appears to be a self-serving screed from a bitter man whose career isn't turning out the way it did in his fantasies. Also, he'd better be careful, WB can hire more and better lawyers than he can, and if he can't absolutely prove everything he says, he's going to be in for a major libel suit when WB gets fed up. Or if any of the individuals he's complaining about get fed up.

sad to see ray lose his career like this
    I don't think he'll ever make it back

Is this the first time he called Geoff Johns a racist? I never saw this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't think it's the first time he's alluded to it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Not just a racist, but a "blatant" racist. What does that mean? Was Geoff calling Ray the n-word or burning crosses on his lawn?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think this is the most transparent that Fisher has been about this situation and explains why he hasn't outright said exactly what he's accusing Whedon, Berg, & Johns of. From the sounds of it, Fisher has been the defacto spokesman for crewmembers who were mistreated and he's been trying to protect their identities so that they don't face retribution. This clears up, for me anyway, Fisher's frustratingly-vague nature about what his allegations are. If he got too specific, it would expose the crewmembers, who don't have the protection that Mamoa or Gadot's star-power gives them.

It seems that Hamada was trying to protect Johns from any blow back and Fisher wouldn't budge, leading to him publicly calling him out over it, which essentially ended Fisher's Hollywood career. I'm sure Fisher will manage to get a few more acting jobs out of this, but studios will never take a gamble on him telling Twitter all their dirty secrets ever again.

I'm still not sold on the idea that everything Fisher has been told or believes is necessarily true, but I'm pretty confident that enough bad behavior occurred during the production of Justice League that Fisher felt the need to speak up, even though it would torpedo his chances in Hollywood.

Extraordinary Member

Cyborg character is not worth this trouble at all

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So has someone told him that Geoff Johns is being phased out or is he just assuming? Nothing's really been officially exposed as far as I can tell other than what Fisher's alludes as to what happened.
    I don't imagine the specifics will ever be exposed beyond industry gossip. Hollywood has been pretty good about keeping its dirty laundry from getting aired in public, even more so the more corporate it's become and NDAs have become the industry standard.

Every once and a while, the truth about some of these people will get out, like how much of a monster Ellen Degeneres is, but, most of the time, those stories say locked down because people don't want to upset anyone who might give them a job.

The circumstances of 2020 apparently prompted Fisher to no longer care about getting another job again. Given all that's happened in the last few years, I can certainly appreciate his no longer giving a *&%$ about what happens to his acting prospects in Hollywood.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hope the person who crafted that got paid well.
    "Cable was right!"