Page 50 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Not surprised WB doesnt want him back for The Flash. While im not anti-Ray, him going after WB as publicly as he has, the studio will cut ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    sad to see ray lose his career like this
    I don't think he'll ever make it back
    His career is far from over yet imo. He has a mini series with ABC I think. He just wont be doing anything associated with WB for the foreseeable future. Disney/Netflix both produce plenty of content for him to be part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't imagine the specifics will ever be exposed beyond industry gossip. Hollywood has been pretty good about keeping its dirty laundry from getting aired in public, even more so the more corporate it's become and NDAs have become the industry standard.

Every once and a while, the truth about some of these people will get out, like how much of a monster Ellen Degeneres is, but, most of the time, those stories say locked down because people don't want to upset anyone who might give them a job.

The circumstances of 2020 apparently prompted Fisher to no longer care about getting another job again. Given all that's happened in the last few years, I can certainly appreciate his no longer giving a *&%$ about what happens to his acting prospects in Hollywood.
    True, it's just it doesn't seem like much has changed for Johns while Fisher seems to be assuming (or knows more than we do) something is going to happen over time. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on his part.

I think this is the most transparent that Fisher has been about this situation and explains why he hasn't outright said exactly what he's accusing Whedon, Berg, & Johns of. From the sounds of it, Fisher has been the defacto spokesman for crewmembers who were mistreated and he's been trying to protect their identities so that they don't face retribution. This clears up, for me anyway, Fisher's frustratingly-vague nature about what his allegations are. If he got too specific, it would expose the crewmembers, who don't have the protection that Mamoa or Gadot's star-power gives them.

It seems that Hamada was trying to protect Johns from any blow back and Fisher wouldn't budge, leading to him publicly calling him out over it, which essentially ended Fisher's Hollywood career. I'm sure Fisher will manage to get a few more acting jobs out of this, but studios will never take a gamble on him telling Twitter all their dirty secrets ever again.

I'm still not sold on the idea that everything Fisher has been told or believes is necessarily true, but I'm pretty confident that enough bad behavior occurred during the production of Justice League that Fisher felt the need to speak up, even though it would torpedo his chances in Hollywood.
    to me it sounds that once he learned that a cyborg solo movie wasn't to be done he came out with this stuff and had nothing to do with defending other crewmembers. And who are these crewmembers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Not surprised WB doesnt want him back for The Flash. While im not anti-Ray, him going after WB as publicly as he has, the studio will cut ties.

His career is far from over yet imo. He has a mini series with ABC I think. He just wont be doing anything associated with WB for the foreseeable future. Disney/Netflix both produce plenty of content for him to be part of.
    Hopefully
    I wish he was working on something now he has had way to much free time

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Imo I think even that is a hard sell because he directly went after walter hamada and co and accused many of them of harboring sexual abusers and racists
    even if its true he didn't have the sword of damocles to make them super worried
    the fact that they can just effectively blackball and remove him from projects means they can press others not to work with him either

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    to me it sounds that once he learned that a cyborg solo movie wasn't to be done he came out with this stuff and had nothing to do with defending other crewmembers. And who are these crewmembers?
    Why would he reveal their identities? That would expose them to retribution.

It's a Catch-22 for Fisher. He can't say who these crewmembers are, which means that anyone who doubts him can say they don't exist.

Extraordinary Member

Imo I think even that is a hard sell because he directly went after walter hamada and co and accused many of them of harboring sexual abusers and racists
    even if its true he didn't have the sword of damocles to make them super worried
    the fact that they can just effectively blackball and remove him from projects means they can press others not to work with him either

He publicly said he would not work on any project while hamada was in charge.
    So he gave them an ultimatum which is the same as quitting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    True, it's just it doesn't seem like much has changed for Johns while Fisher seems to be assuming (or knows more than we do) something is going to happen over time. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on his part.
    If Fisher claims are true, Hamada and Johns are friends, so I don't think Johns is going anywhere, but he won't be given any new projects at Warner Bros. that aren't currently in the works.

Johns already got fired as head of DC and is now just a showrunner on a CW superhero show. They aren't going to fire him from that, particularly given how well-received it was. They'll just let him do his own thing until Stargirl ends, write some more comics and that'll be it. There's enough gossip swirling around about him now that his chances of getting any big new gigs in Hollywood are pretty much done.

Why would he reveal their identities? That would expose them to retribution.

It's a Catch-22 for Fisher. He can't say who these crewmembers are, which means that anyone who doubts him can say they don't exist.
    I don't believe it, seems to me the tantrums of a little boy. Why didn't momoa or cavill speak for them, they had the power and instead let mr. nobody speak for the rest?

WarnerMedia made a huge investigation on this, and at the end of it they decided to reneal the contract with Hamada, what does this say? At the very least that Fisher have no evidence or witness that will back him up against his claims, not the most serious.
    If the investigation have come up with evidence of Geoff Johns "blatant racism" they would definitely have booted him, covert racism they may try to cover up.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

I don't believe it, seems to me the tantrums of a little boy. Why didn't momoa or cavill speak for them, they had the power and instead let mr. nobody speak for the rest?
    Think Momoa showed support last year.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...234762350/amp/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He was never signed to The Flash to my knowledge so it was a simple "write him back out and move on". They havent blackballed him at all from what we know, they just decided to bring his time as Cyborg to an end just like with Cavill (of course the reasonings for both are totally different)

Momoa did speak out in support of Fisher's claims.

As for Cavill, his decision to grow a moustache forced the studio to waste 8 million dollars in hilariously unconvincing SFX and he wants them to bankroll hundreds of millions more for Superman sequels, so he's not going to do anything to rock the boat.

You don't have to believe Fisher, as he's not trying to convince you. He's trying to convince the people with power enough to change the system that Hollywood has operated under for decades which has protected the powerful and punished anyone who tried to expose them.

I don't know how successful Fisher has been, but the fact that the horrible behavior of so many people in Hollywood has been revealed in the last few years is a good thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Think Momoa showed support last year.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...234762350/amp/
    Talk is talk , refuse to work on aquaman 2 that gets things movin but that would mess with his money

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    WarnerMedia made a huge investigation on this, and at the end of it they decided to reneal the contract with Hamada, what does this say? At the very least that Fisher have no evidence or witness that will back him up against his claims, not the most serious.
    If the investigation have come up with evidence of Geoff Johns "blatant racism" they would definitely have booted him, covert racism they may try to cover up.
    Fisher's issues with Hamada are about him stonewalling that investigation, so the renewal of his contract wouldn't be impacted by whatever the investigation exposed, which Warners will never make public because, why on Earth would they?