Page 52 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think this is the most transparent that Fisher has been about this situation and explains why he hasn't outright said exactly what he's accusing Whedon, Berg, & Johns of. From the sounds of it, Fisher has been the defacto spokesman for crewmembers who were mistreated and he's been trying to protect their identities so that they don't face retribution. This clears up, for me anyway, Fisher's frustratingly-vague nature about what his allegations are. If he got too specific, it would expose the crewmembers, who don't have the protection that Mamoa or Gadot's star-power gives them.

It seems that Hamada was trying to protect Johns from any blow back and Fisher wouldn't budge, leading to him publicly calling him out over it, which essentially ended Fisher's Hollywood career. I'm sure Fisher will manage to get a few more acting jobs out of this, but studios will never take a gamble on him telling Twitter all their dirty secrets ever again.

I'm still not sold on the idea that everything Fisher has been told or believes is necessarily true, but I'm pretty confident that enough bad behavior occurred during the production of Justice League that Fisher felt the need to speak up, even though it would torpedo his chances in Hollywood.
    Crew members? We have only his word that there are any with those beefs. In fact, we have only his word on anything. And he doesn't seem all that credible.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Crew members? We have only his word that there are any with those beefs. In fact, we have only his word on anything. And he doesn't seem all that credible.
    he also very subtle in pulling on his side the snyder cult.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/justic...ort-ray-fisher
    More words from Momoa back in September. Seems like something went down, as to what and and what extent who knows.
    “THIS S*** HAS TO STOP AND NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT @ray8fisher AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO EXPERIENCED WHAT HAPPEN UNDER THE WATCH OF @wbpictures NEEDS PROPER INVESTIGATION.” This is what he said about the matter, implying that others where involved.
    This means the problem in Justice League isn't a racial one, right?

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Who knows, everything is probably hidden behind red tape and NDAs. But Momoa seems to have seen something he didn't like either, when he could have just stayed out of it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The vibes I got were along the lines of "do this. You're not even a star. You have nothing significant under your belt and I can make it so you never work in this town again" kind of shit over racist stuff. Hollywood has a history of excessively shit behavior so I'm inclined to believe that with the amount of money on the line in JL, that came to the forefront. That production was too turbulent for everyone to be groovy.

Keep in mind, who are most these actors to people in the mainstream? It's Ben Affleck and a lot of people from indie movies around the time of Justice League, with Cavill perhaps being the second most notable for his then-upcoming role as the heavy in Mission Impossible. Momoa was just the guy you get to play Conan/Khal Drogo/Barbarian archtype or the guy from Stargate. Gadot was in, what, Fast and the Furious? Fisher wasn't in anything big and most Ezra's successes weren't in mainstream as far as I know. I think Cavill was the only one who had a rising star irrespective of Justice League, but even then, I'd argue Man of Steel was what helped him break into the mainstream discussion.

Justice League was most of their big break into the limelight of the general audience, and with the money on the table and influence of a major studio, I imagine a lot of weight was being aggressively thrown around.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-13-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Gal had her own problems on set that she had taken care of right away. Depending on what was said, itd be very easy to make it into a racial thing with 1 cast member.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Gal had her own problems on set that she had taken care of right away. Depending on what was said, itd be very easy to make it into a racial thing with 1 cast member.
    Absolutely, but the larger point is that there were widespread problems so race likely wasn't the largest motivation for the alleged abuse. That isn't to say it wasn't one that Fisher encountered, just that more was going on if it was.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Absolutely, but the larger point is that there were widespread problems so race likely wasn't the largest motivation for the alleged abuse. That isn't to say it wasn't one that Fisher encountered, just that more was going on if it was.
    In that sense yes. The main problems seem to stem from someone (Joss) being power hungry and wanting to assert himself as top dog of the film and the frustrations he had "cleaning up" Snyders "mess".

Astonishing Member

Looks like Diane Nelson has indicated that Johns pulled something like this on the comics side (on her watch mind you, so she doesn’t exactly come off good from that)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Marvel runs a tighter ship and I doubt they have these type of issues bts. They have BIG names that wouldnt have put up with that.
    Agreed. While there were certainly some behind the scenes drama between Ike and Feige, that seems to have largely been resolved once Horn gave Feige complete control of Marvel Studios following the Disney buyout.

But it's not just Fisher anymore. Mamoa backed him up, and Gadot confirmed she had issues with Whedon that needed to be resolved. Kevin Smith also talked to crew members who reported that Justice League was a $#!*show under Whedon. And the false Frosty the Snowman article would indicate that someone at Warner Bros. was scared enough about Fisher's accusations that they needed to distract from them.

This isn't to say that everything Fisher's said should be considered gospel, but there's enough smoke that I'm pretty sure that there was a fire, even if we don't know how big of one there might have been (and likely never will).

Johns? Are you kidding? Johns won't feel anything from a bunch of unsubstantiated allegations from the most minor actor around, who comes across as unstable and bitter, and likely completely untrustworthy. Unlike Fisher, Johns has actually produced valuable things. Unlike Johns, Fisher has no good friends among studio brass. The only one to lose in this is Fisher himself.
    The next few years will tell the tale on this one. If Johns starts getting some higher profile gigs again, then I would believe this, but, currently, he's a showrunner on a CW show and comic book writer. Which is a very lucrative position to be in, but not an indication that he's climbing back to his former heights.

Granted, if I were Johns, I wouldn't even want to be back in charge again. Why would he after all the nonsense he's had to deal with?

Astonishing Member

now that there’s allegations he pulled what Fisher accused him of against other comics writers. They’ve removed stories by other writers for far less, so the Stargirl story in Infinite frontier might be a good tripwire

Which matches with the Twitter rant of some of the comics reviewers/journalists over the last year

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    now that there’s allegations he pulled what Fisher accused him of against other comics writers. They’ve removed stories by other writers for far less, so the Stargirl story in Infinite frontier might be a good tripwire

Which matches with the Twitter rant of some of the comics reviewers/journalists over the last year
    I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Where are you getting this from?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Where are you getting this from?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/riteshwri...79552767373312