Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Buffy and Angel actress Charisma Carpenter has come out in support of Fisher with her own troubling allegations on Whedon’s behavior on-set.

Guess Whedon can pretty much kiss his career bye-bye. It’s always sad to find out talented artist are actually terrible people.
    Why would he do that? This has all been known for years; I don't really know why she's chiming in now----her entire statement has been around as I said for years. I doubt anyone will notice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    We already knew most of what Carpenter endured under Whedon over 10 years ago. This is all about Fisher, and how he's probably wrangling to get his job back. Yesterday he demands an apology, today Carpenter expounds on her story, citing Fisher's firing as motivation.
    I appreciate her sharing her story again, but it shouldn't be for a guy who rope-a-doped himself.
    Yeah, good luck with that, Ray. At this point...nobody cares. Sort of blew your chance on that months ago. It's getting a bit embarrassing Fisher is trying to hang on so hard to nothing.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Holy ****, Benson is speaking out too?

Makes me wonder how many other BtvS/ATS actors will be backing them. We'd know for a while that he treated Carpenter like ****, and people really shouldn't have sat on it for as long as they did.

And nobody but Alan Tudyk really going to bat for him during all this should have been a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Why would he do that? This has all been known for years; I don't really know why she's chiming in now----her entire statement has been around as I said for years. I doubt anyone will notice.
    Maybe she's chiming in now so more will actually be done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess no surprise that he bowed out of his WB project, then.

I feel bad for all the people who have had to work with him, but at least his awful behavior is finally truly coming to light.
    Apparently, not all the people working for him, as it seemed like really liked to play favorites. (as confirmed by his wife years ago)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Whedon has always been known to be a prick, so this sadly isn't surprising. Sorry for what happened to Carpenter, Cordelia was often the best thing about the Buffyverse. Though Ray wasn't "fired", was he? He posted he wouldn't participate in any DC movie associated with Walter Hamada. The man essentially publicly quit, so how was he fired. Wasn't he reportedly in negotiations to appear in The Flash last year before this whole thing blew up.
    Yes because one of the drafts or at least the first guy they hired to do the movie wanted to include Cyborg in it.

And yes he publicly quit.

We are ONE month from that mess coming out on HBO Plus. I suspect we will be seeing more of these coming out by folks. That will REMIND folks the movie is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I knew she had issues with Whedon but I didn't know it was that bad. I see Amber Benson has verified this as well. That's pretty much a slam dunk for me that Ray Fisher is telling the truth.

The question is whether the WB will reverse themselves now with all of this coming out and no longer employ Whedon, try to get Fisher back, etc. I guess it doesn't look that way.

You'd think and hope Whedon would become a pariah that no movie company wants to be seen as supporting but, again, I don't think that will happen.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Clare Kramer has come out against Whedon now too.

There are consequences to our actions, even if they aren't illegal. Have integrity, and treat people with kindness.

Extraordinary Member

Joss is already gone from Warner
    Ray issue is with Hamada and Geoff so this doesn’t help him

I figured it was just a matter of time before Charisma Carpenter said something. Its been well known amongst Buffy/Angel fandom for a long time that stuff went down. I doubt SMG experienced this stuff simply because she was the star of the show thus was insulated from it to some degree.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

SMG and Michelle Trachtenberg also with statements seemingly corroborating things now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why is everyone assuming that Fisher is in this for personal gain at this point? Is it that hard to believe that he wants justice for a perceived wrong?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It does help him by making him look credible. It wouldn't be consistent for him to come out against one abuser and make up lies about two innocent people, especially with a career on the line.

Johns and Hamada may be harder to get rid of, but Ray Fisher is proving to be a credible source.

I wonder if DC Comics is concerned about printing Geoff Johns trades now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I knew she had issues with Whedon but I didn't know it was that bad. I see Amber Benson has verified this as well. That's pretty much a slam dunk for me that Ray Fisher is telling the truth.

The question is whether the WB will reverse themselves now with all of this coming out and no longer employ Whedon, try to get Fisher back, etc. I guess it doesn't look that way.
    Until RAY is MAN ENOUGH to stat what Wheldon did-it's not a slam dunk. I don't want to hear what was done to others-what was done to him.

Why would Warner want Ray back? Back for what? They are not moving forward with Snyder verse or not to the level some think.

You'd think and hope Whedon would become a pariah that no movie company wants to be seen as supporting but, again, I don't think that will happen.
    Finding WORK won't be an issue. If not in the USA somewhere else. Just like we saw with the director of Jeeper Creepers.

If not there is the online streaming universe. And yes there have been films made on Iphones-there is one on youtube from 2019.

We have seen TOXIC folks find work and get money. See the former Green Lantern artist.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    It does help him by making him look credible. It wouldn't be consistent for him to come out against one abuser and make up lies about two innocent people, especially with a career on the line.

Johns and Hamada may be harder to get rid of, but Ray Fisher is proving to be a credible source.

Trades? They just announced a Stargirl special that he is writing.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Trades? They just announced a Stargirl special that he is writing.
    Well, that answers that question.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

they are so concerned that they have multiple projects with Johns involved, he has even a story in the upcoming Infinite Frontier.
    And no Ray is not more credible, unlike Carpenter he does not provide specifics. He also changed version about Johns, first he claimed he enabled Whedon later on that he was a racist. Which is which? To be credible he must mention the specifics.

He looks like someone who thinks that he is entitled that WB must do a Cyborg movie because it's his character. When WB probably before all this, decided not to go on, because Cyborg is quite a forgettable character. When JL came out many fans complained why Green Lantern one of DC's most famous and historic characters was left out for Cyborg.
    Now Fisher has ensured that whatever it costs them, WB will have no movie with him involved and nor about Cyborg.