Page 63 of 130 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Joss ex-wife told us years ago that Whedon isn't who he pretends to be. A lot of people just called it sour grapes and ignored her.
    True. Time and again, we see that people are consistent in their patterns. What they do on a smaller level, they tend to do on a bigger one.

When people show you who they are, believe them.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-10-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    From WB's perspective, how well GL sells was proven in 2011. Cyborg didn't take GL's "spot" anymore than Aquaman or Flash did. WB is just now willing to get their investors on board for GL. They couldn't do it earlier because they made promises to investors and then blew their money.
    Oh come on Aquaman or Flash took GL's spot? are you serious, two of the historic characters of DC and founding members.
    With your reasoning WB should do NO movies with batman, superman, WW, Aquaman or Flash because they failed in JL.
    GL movie was not a success because the movie was crap not because the character does not sell and Cyborg certainly is no replacement in that regard neither for GL, Flash or Aquaman.
    Again with your reasoning DC should stop making movies with exception of WW and Aquaman.
    I never heard that GL is not a seller but there is always a first time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Oh come on Aquaman or Flash took GL's spot? are you serious, two of the historic characters of DC and founding members.
    With your reasoning WB should do NO movies with batman, superman, WW, Aquaman or Flash because they failed in JL.
    GL movie was not a success because the movie was crap not because the character does not sell and Cyborg certainly is no replacement in that regard neither for GL, Flash or Aquaman.
    Again with your reasoning DC should stop making movies with exception of WW and Aquaman.
    I never heard that GL is not a seller but there is always a first time.
    JL didn't bomb like GL did, it fell short of expectations. Wonder Woman and Aquaman proved that the film didn't hurt them too much, but those films were in production around the same time as JL and couldn't be halted at that point.

Cyborg was a founder like Flash and Aquaman, and he added diversity to the team. They were all there because WB wanted to push them, while they chose to not push GL anymore--a separate decision. The only character Cyborg might have hurt is Batman by making him redundant.

You don't seem to understand that WB's investors don't know about the comics by and large. What they do know is they spent money and it went down the drain. They look at the data and little else. Of course they had a bad taste in their mouths. Unlike Batman or Superman, GL doesn't have a successful film in the tank to go back to and say "I made money with the general population once." Heck even Superman doesn't have a film in development right now after what Snyder did to him with the Zod neck snapping.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-10-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Interesting to see who is speaking out. Have any MCU stars come out yet about their experiences?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Interesting to see who is speaking out. Have any MCU stars come out yet about their experiences?
    No, because when Whedon was at Marvel, he was another Mother Teresa.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Gellar's statement is huge; Buffy herself is speaking out. Dude is screwed, and deserves to be.

It would be nice if the male actors stepped up and supported them

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Cyborg's inclusion had nothing to do with Green Lantern. Green Lantern wasn't in the movie because the attempt to turn Hal Jordan into the next Iron Man crashed and burned the franchise badly, so they were planning that reboot (that is still in development hell). Remember, at one point Green Lantern was supposed to be the start of the DC shared movieverse, not Man of Steel. Cyborg would've likely been in it even if the Reynolds movie had been a success and led to his inclusion in the team-up because they wanted the team to be more racially diverse than it was in the Silver Age.

This and SMG speaking on this as well is big. I wonder who else will come forward.
    Again with that kind of reasoning Superman should have not been in the JL movie, because MOS fared below expectations, not because Superman doesn't sell, but because the movie was horrendous. Same could apply to BvS which should have scored well over a billion Box Office, with the two most popular characters in comics. Again the movie was an ordeal for audiences.
    With that same kind of reasoning Wb/DC should never do anything with Harley Quinn again because her movie (BOP) flopped badly.
    GL not being in JL movie had nothing to do with his movie not doing well, it was a matter of space, which was taken by Cyborg, one of the most forgettable characters in DC universe.
    MMH could also have been in the movie instead of Cyborg what his movie did not do well either? oh he had none as Aquaman and Flash at the time.

Thank you for the correction.

In their shoes, I would have cancelled it too. If the public isn't buying GL figures at the time, I'm not pumping out more GL toys just because they look cartoon-y.
    It was still kind of nonsensical because the ratings and audience perception was pretty strong for the show, but that's business for you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was still kind of nonsensical because the ratings and audience perception was pretty strong for the show, but that's business for you.
    I get what you're saying, but the retailers like Wal-Mart and Target likely aren't watching the cartoon or its ratings. They just see "Green Lantern" and they recall their filled discount bins.

BANNED

Again with that kind of reasoning Superman should have not been in the JL movie, because MOS fared below expectations, not because Superman doesn't sell, but because the movie was horrendous. Same could apply to BvS which should have scored well over a billion Box Office, with the two most popular characters in comics. Again the movie was an ordeal for audiences.
    With that same kind of reasoning Wb/DC should never do anything with Harley Quinn again because her movie (BOP) flopped badly.
    GL not being in JL movie had nothing to do with his movie not doing well, it was a matter of space, which was taken by Cyborg, one of the most forgettable characters in DC universe.
    MMH could also have been in the movie instead of Cyborg what his movie did not do well either? oh he had none as Aquaman and Flash at the time.
    If GL made money instead of bombing, they would have included him in JL.

Anyway, this thread is about what's happening with Fisher. I'm happy to see people coming out to support him. I can't imagine that he wanted to step up the way he did, but it's clear now why he felt he had to.

I get what you're saying, but the retailers like Wal-Mart and Target likely aren't watching the cartoon or its ratings. They just see "Green Lantern" and they recall their filled discount bins.
    Yeah, but I was watching the show on Saturday mornings, so I feel like I know better .

JL didn't bomb like GL did, it fell short of expectations. Wonder Woman and Aquaman proved that the film didn't hurt them too much, but those films were in production around the same time as JL and couldn't be halted at that point.

Cyborg was a founder like Flash and Aquaman, and he added diversity to the team. They were all there because WB wanted to push them, while they chose to not push GL anymore--a separate decision. The only character Cyborg might have hurt is Batman by making him redundant.

You don't seem to understand that WB's investors don't know about the comics by and large. What they do know is they spent money and it went down the drain. They look at the data and little else. Of course they had a bad taste in their mouths. Unlike Batman or Superman, GL doesn't have a successful film in the tank to go back to and say "I made money with the general population once." Heck even Superman doesn't have a film in development right now after what Snyder did to him with the Zod neck snapping.
    They look at data? they should have never approved an Aquaman movie then. Since he was not the most sellable of characters at the time. And with a bad reputation(undeserved) that even a kid knew about.

JL did not bomb? seriously? it was an epic disaster

Cyborg was not a founder of JL - The original seven heroes— Aquaman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Superman and Wonder Woman

BTW - Why not MMH instead of Cyborg? he has a better claim being a founder of JL and no movie Box office as baggage!!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

JL didn't bomb like GL did, it fell short of expectations.
    It's considered a bomb, because it needed to have made a hundred million more just to break even.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BTW - Why not MMH instead of Cyborg? he has a better claim being a founder of JL and no movie Box office as baggage!!
    Because they wanted a black guy on the team rather than a green alien who sometimes cosplays as a black guy. I'm not sure why this is so shocking to some. And yes, Green Lantern's exclusion absolutely was connected to his movie bombing. Again, the plan originally was that it was supposed to start the DC shared universe. When it flopped, they had to go back to the drawing board. A Green Lantern reboot was eventually planned for the DCEU, but not until after JL. Had Justice League not flopped, there likely would have been a Green Lantern in the sequel.
    Last edited by Holt; 02-10-2021 at 03:09 PM.

BANNED

They look at data? they should have never approved an Aquaman movie then. Since he was not the most sellable of characters at the time. And with a bad reputation(undeserved) that even a kid knew about.

JL did not bomb? seriously? it was an epic disaster

Cyborg was not a founder of JL - The original seven heroes— Aquaman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Superman and Wonder Woman

Aquaman and Wonder Woman were already filming before JL came out, so they couldn't halt production.

From your god Geoff Johns:

Racial diversity helps in marketing products, so I don't know what else to tell you.