Page 64 of 130 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It's considered a bomb, because it needed to have made a hundred million more just to break even.
    Damn. Just goes to show how you can mismanage your own IP with a series of divisive films. They should take notes from Disney.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Interesting to see who is speaking out. Have any MCU stars come out yet about their experiences?
    I imagine Whedon was probably on his best behavior filming Avengers. Joss was the little fish in a big pond on that first movie. The success of those two Avengers films brought him enough slack to probably relax and act how he wanted on Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Damn. Just goes to show how you can mismanage your own IP with a series of divisive films. They should take notes from Disney.
    (Cough)Sequel Trilogy and Solo(Cough) .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, yeah, well their Star Wars division can learn a thing or two from Marvel, Pixar, and Disney Animation. Feige will likely right their ship

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Sequel Trilogy didn't bomb though. Rogue One was very successful too. Even The Rise of Skywalker's underperformance can't be compared to how badly WB botched the DC shared universe both creatively and financially.

Now, Solo? Yeah, there's no excuse for that. lol The disaster that was Solo can indeed be comparable to BvS and JL.

Back to the topic at hand, this is a mess. Hollywood has always been a shit hole but the more stuff I hear about the behind-the-scenes environment, the harder I find it to believe I've been spending my money on these folks for more than half of my life now.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-10-2021 at 03:28 PM.

We didn't see people come out in this way against Whedon until now--which is to say so many people at once.

We could see this happen to Johns in time. He only really got a prominent position in 2011, and his power was limited. What Fisher is saying would indicate that he misused whatever power he did have.

Hard to believe Fisher tells the truth about one guy only to lie about the others. It's easier to believe that Johns is a dick than that Fisher is a Machiavellian mastermind who can't see there's no upside to his professional life besides on a moral level.
    It's very believable that he would make broad accusations against many people and have some of them backed up and others not so. He's previously stated "I've been trying my best to make sure that Joss Whedon and Jon Berg aren't able to be thrown completely under the bus by the other guys," so it really doesn't sound like Fisher thought Johns was that big of a problem in the first case, at least not compared to Johns and Hamada, despite originally making his claims all about Whedon.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman were already filming before JL came out, so they couldn't halt production.
    It would have been more than possible for them to halt production, they just likely calculated that it was going to make more money than it would cost to finish it.

Say what you will about Zack Snyder's take on the DCU, but isn't it sad how all of this could've been avoided had they just let him finish his planned trilogy. Instead of foolishly trying to course-correct due to BvS' reception and rewrite and reshoot a movie that was already deep into production, they could've just rolled the dice and see what happened. I know lots of money was at stake, but JL would have been neither the first nor the last bomb WB has ever had. If the "Snyder Cut" still bombed, then it bombed. Take it on the chin and move on. It's a multi-billion movie dollar studio FFS. They would've spared themselves all of this embarrassment.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-10-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    SMG and Michelle Trachtenberg also with statements seemingly corroborating things now.

Why is everyone assuming that Fisher is in this for personal gain at this point? Is it that hard to believe that he wants justice for a perceived wrong?
    These women are speaking out against Whedon. I'm not sure what Whedon has to do with Fisher's issues with Hamada.
    Plus, it seems like Fisher recruited Carpenter to give a character witness against Whedon, so it was for personal gain, as Carpenter had nothing to do with the JL reshoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    These women are speaking out against Whedon. I'm not sure what Whedon has to do with Fisher's issues with Hamada.
    Plus, it seems like Fisher recruited Carpenter to give a character witness against Whedon, so it was for personal gain, as Carpenter had nothing to do with the JL reshoots.
    How is that even possible though. How can you participate in an investigation of a movie production you weren't even remotely associated with, just because you happened to work with the person being investigated some 15+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    How is that even possible though. How can you participate in an investigation of a movie production you weren't even remotely associated with, just because you happened to work with the person being investigated some 15+ years ago.
    Establishing a pattern of behavior is definitely relevant

Astonishing Member

Isn't it sad how all of this could've been avoided had they just let Snyder finish his planned trilogy. Instead of foolishly trying to course-correct due to BvS' reception and rewrite and reshoot a movie that was already deep into production, they could've just rolled the dice and see what happened. I know lots of money was at stake, but JL would have been neither the first nor the last bomb WB has ever had. If Snyder's original JL still bombed, then it bombed. Take it on the chin and move on. It's a multi-billion dollar studio FFS. They would've spared themselves all of this embarrassment.
    ... Or at the very least get another director who wasn’t an arrogant jerk.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I imagine Whedon was probably on his best behavior filming Avengers. Joss was the little fish in a big pond on that first movie. The success of those two Avengers films brought him enough slack to probably relax and act how he wanted on Justice League.
    We still don't know what he did on the set of JL.

I can only think she was there as a character witness against Whedon for Fisher. She said Fisher getting fired is what made her go public about it again. But Fisher wasn't fired for anything having to do with Whedon.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    We still don't know what he did on the set of JL.
    The one thing we know is Whedon lightened the complexion of some actors on film... until we didn't know it anymore.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Say what you will about Zack Snyder's take on the DCU, but isn't it sad how all of this could've been avoided had they just let him finish his planned trilogy. Instead of foolishly trying to course-correct due to BvS' reception and rewrite and reshoot a movie that was already deep into production, they could've just rolled the dice and see what happened. I know lots of money was at stake, but JL would have been neither the first nor the last bomb WB has ever had. If the "Snyder Cut" still bombed, then it bombed. Take it on the chin and move on. It's a multi-billion movie dollar studio FFS. They would've spared themselves all of this embarrassment.
    In some ways, it may have been good it happened. Not because it lead to Whedon doing even more shit, but because it finally allowed Carpenter's statements some traction after rumors had been circulating about their feud for years. People should have reacted more strongly towards her claims when they happened./

But yeah, on WB's end, just sending this thing out to die as it was would have spared them some long term headaches.