Page 72 of 130 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1949

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    One of the Writers of Firefly has now come forward

Attachment 106016
    my lord, these stories are coming out left and right now.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

In fairness, since there’s no way he couldn’t have known what he was brining on set, Feige now has some serious questions to answer as much as Johns does, tighter leash or not

As for Johns, he’s finished and everyone know it at this point. I definitely DC should make an example of him/his creations though

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As for Johns, he’s finished and everyone know it at this point.
    Like who? Or because Grace Randolph says so? lol He's so finished the May solicitations have like 3(?) new books from him. If Fisher is correct about "quietly phasing him out", that could mean his contract won't be renewed after it expires. But I don't expect headlines about him being fired as Stargirl showrunner or whatever else he's currently associated with.

I definitely DC should make an example of him/his creations though
    I'm not sure I got that part. How should they make an example of him/his creations. You mean they should stop using anything he's created in order to not pay him royalties for it?
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-13-2021 at 08:31 AM.

In fairness, since there’s no way he couldn’t have known what he was brining on set, Feige now has some serious questions to answer as much as Johns does, tighter leash or not

As for Johns, he’s finished and everyone know it at this point. I definitely DC should make an example of him/his creations though
    I mean plenty of directors have a reputation of being “difficult” and that’s usually not enough not to hire them. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if Joss was on his best behavior when he was working at Marvel.

What does Ray want now? Because he seems to change his tune often. He just wants an apology? Or he wants his job back and to help his guy, Zack Snyder, to make more DC movies? Does he think this is a charity? It seems to me Johns is more valuable to WB than Ray Fisher. And I liked his work in the JL movie, but anyone else can do what he did. He's not Jason Momoa or Zac Levi.

Johns is still working for DC/WB in different projects.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I mean plenty of directors have a reputation of being “difficult” and that’s usually not enough not to hire them. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if Joss was on his best behavior when he was working at Marvel.
    THIS.

While the Buffy, Angel and now Firefly casts have made it HARDER for Wheldon to get work. That is all they did.

I'm not sure I got that part. How should they make an example of him/his creations. You mean they should stop using anything he's created in order to not pay him royalties for it?
    Yes that is what it boils down to. It's why we don't see the Ultraverse guys. However that is a hard thing to do because of how many characters are we talking?

Take Gerard Jones-I still think he is getting something because stuff he was in including Reign of the Supermen (books and movies) and a few Green Lantern characters who have been seen on cartoon shows are still being used.

You try that with Johns-just off the top of my head-Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Mark Richards (Tattoo Man) & Star Girl.
    You take down books- Hal Jordan, JSA, Flash & Vibe. Oh yeah all the quality writing done with Michael Holt goes too.
    Johns did way too much. You would be scorch earthing a lot of characters and franchises.

Which would mean DC would have to star over with some franchises. I will put it to you like this-Take out Jessica and Simon.
    Hal under Johns was 2004-2013. Hal is only left with Robert V's GL run (aside from the classic era) as the bulk of his stuff.
    DC is trying to get more diverse and John Stewart fans are in CHARGE of DC.
    Does Hal go too?

That is the issue. It would NOT be worth it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    For example, one of his creations is Jessica Cruz who has taken off in popularity in a short period of time and provides representation on multiple fronts (woman, latina, mental health).

If Johns is a garbage human and we make an example of her because of it, is it worth it? Such characters like her are rare, even rarer when they gain support and popularity. It's similar to the difficulty of loving Buffy as a character but we have to know she came from the imagination of Joss Whedon. She's better than her creator and means a lot to a lot of people.

Personally, I'm growing more and more comfortable with the idea of crediting Gellar as Buffy's true author. She brought his character to life every day and sold his ideas.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yeah, I doubt Whedon was any different than before or after working at Marvel, so either 1) Feige told him right at the start to straighten up and fly right or 2) something(s) happened on set that we don't know about (yet) and Feige was able to sweep it under the carpet.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Something major has to be stated before that happens. What Fisher has said/implied isn't going to cut it, IMO.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It would be risky, that's for sure. Yeah, I assume Marvel wouldn't mind sticking it to WB/DC, but it would be kind of like inviting the wolf into the hen house.
    Not really.

If all you do is hire Johns to pitch and/or write scripts-how toxic or abusive can that be.

Johns can do that from his house via Zoom.

In hindsight the "he didn't know how things were supposed to be" was exactly right--and that's why he was right. Sometimes you need that outsider's perspective. There are tons of people who are in an abusive relationship and have no idea they're in an abusive relationship.
    Correct. However folks trying to blame Walter or Johns for what happen on Buffy are wrong. Those two were NOT at WB when that was happening.

Hamada was doing horror movies for Universal and WB (when he got hired in 2007). He was doing It and Annabelle Creation-2 hit movies.
    He got promoted AFTER that movie bombed. Jon Berg with Johns was in charge during Justice League.

So why is Hamada being singled out?

Where is the hunt for Charles Roven? Deborah Snyder?

Here is the question I am going to ask-WHO are the Warner Bros. executives that saw the first cut and felt it was so bad that Wheldon got hired?
    EXCUTIVES mean that there was more than ONE. I would suspect it was the ones behind the film and maybe some of the marketing and promotion executives.

Hamada probably was not there because he had two movies to deal with. It and Annabelle Creation. So why is he being singled out by Ray?

Extraordinary Member

Like who? Or because Grace Randolph says so? lol He's so finished the May solicitations have like 3(?) new books from him. If Fisher is correct about "quietly phasing him out", that could mean his contract won't be renewed after it expires. But I don't expect headlines about him being fired as Stargirl showrunner or whatever else he's currently associated with.

Yeah, Johns is fine. Whedon probably now will drop out of the news for a year or two, then make his big comeback whenever the studios remember they like money more than they like good behavior. Berg won't feel a thing.

The problem if you want Whedon "punished" is that while there are plenty of actors who can do a credible Cyborg, (Fisher doesn't appear to be one of them), there really aren't that many people who can direct or write to commercial success.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, Johns is fine. Whedon probably now will drop out of the news for a year or two, then make his big comeback whenever the studios remember they like money more than they like good behavior. Berg won't feel a thing.

The problem if you want Whedon "punished" is that while there are plenty of actors who can do a credible Cyborg, (Fisher doesn't appear to be one of them), there really aren't that many people who can direct or write to commercial success.
    The studios don't care about good behavior, but would Whedon be guaranteed to make enough money to make giving him a chance at a comeback worth it? His last big straight up hit was with the Avengers, and the MCU certainly had no issues carrying on without him. Regardless of how much of a shitshow it was from start to finish, he didn't help the JL situation at all. His star has been fading for a bit before this, and now a big chunk of the cast of his best and most iconic show are saying he sucks as a human being. Including the lead actress.

I'd say he's toast.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not really.

If all you do is hire Johns to pitch and/or write scripts-how toxic or abusive can that be.

Johns can do that from his house via Zoom.
    I was talking about Ray, though, sky.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

The Michelle Tractenberg tweet can sink him regardless of his bankability. The other stuff? Yeah, a vacation for one or two years and Whedon could be back in the director's chair.

Hamada probably was not there because he had two movies to deal with. It and Annabelle Creation. So why is he being singled out by Ray?
    Maybe Hamada has been more outspoken about his distaste for the snyderverse and Ray's behavior. What else could it be?