Page 73 of 130 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1949

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Johns is still working for DC/WB in different projects.
    Yeah, Whedon bowing out of an HBOMax production was seen as a direct consequence of the investigation uncovering what happened and now all these accusations are coming to light, while things seem business as usual with Johns.

Not that I'm ruling out accusations against Johns from coming out, but it doesn't seem like there's as much tangible against him as there was with Whedon (other than one claim a while back?).

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    In fairness, since there’s no way he couldn’t have known what he was brining on set, Feige now has some serious questions to answer as much as Johns does, tighter leash or not

As for Johns, he’s finished and everyone know it at this point. I definitely DC should make an example of him/his creations though
    Who says that DisGrace Randolph? seriously people still believe her? whenever someone points out that her predictions(99% of them) have not materialized she blocks them. LOL

or more probably your wishful thinking because you don't like Johns?

Anyway he is the goose that lays golden eggs, whatever you might think of him and his creations.
    His Three jokers had epic sales and you think DC is gonna throw that away, seriously? 300k sales for Issue 1 and the last issue had over 200k? He is finished?
    He has multiple projects ongoing and more in the pipeline with DC /WB and those are facts you or DisGrace must get used to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    while things seem business as usual with Johns.

Not that I'm ruling out accusations against Johns from coming out, but it doesn't seem like there's as much tangible against him as there was with Whedon (other than one claim a while back?).
    Naturally its business as usual for Johns. Few months ago he gave DC a badly needed boost with 3 Jokers that registered such huge sales and someone really thinks DC is gonna throw away Johns for Ray fisher's claims that keep changing his versions, just because Fisher wants snyder back?
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-13-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    One of the Writers of Firefly has now come forward

Attachment 106016
    Throw the whole man away.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Who says that DisGrace Randolph? seriously people still believe her? whenever someone points out that her predictions have not materialized she blocks them. LOL

or more probably your wishful thinking because you don't like Johns?

Anyway he is the goose that lays golden eggs, whatever you might think of him and his creations.
    His Three jokers had epic sales and you think DC is gonna throw that away, seriously? 300k sales for Issue 1 and the last issue had over 200k? He is finished?
    He has multiple projects ongoing and more in the pipeline with DC /WB and those are facts you or DisGrace must get used to that.
    Must we be immature and impose childish name-calling? Doesn't Grace Randolph usually do enough on her own to discredit herself as an iron-clad resource? I'm not too familiar with her work.
    Last edited by Robanker; 02-13-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    For example, one of his creations is Jessica Cruz who has taken off in popularity in a short period of time and provides representation on multiple fronts (woman, latina, mental health).

If Johns is a garbage human and we make an example of her because of it, is it worth it? Such characters like her are rare, even rarer when they gain support and popularity. It's similar to the difficulty of loving Buffy as a character but we have to know she came from the imagination of Joss Whedon. She's better than her creator and means a lot to a lot of people.

Personally, I'm growing more and more comfortable with the idea of crediting Gellar as Buffy's true author. She brought his character to life every day and sold his ideas.
    but legally she wont get anything. its another jk rolling situation

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Throw the whole man away.

Must we be immature and impose childish name-calling? Doesn't Grace Randolph usually do enough on her own to discredit herself as an iron-clad resource? I'm not too familiar with her work.
    I apologize If my name calling might seem harsh, but she deserves that sorry to say. She keeps fabricating lies and whenever confronted with facts she blocks people. She is fake and should be exposed for being such. Her intention is to play with people's hatred for Jack or Jill to remain relevant. Her lies are believed by haters and they distort reality to an extent that they harass people on social media based on such lies.
    People who spread fake news must be exposed and sorry to say ridiculed.

Astonishing Member

Grace can be somehow trusted only when she specifically talks about Snyder and everything connected with him, but for obvious reasons - she communicates with him personally, and he, as I understand it, was a source of information for her.
    But otherwise, she is a complete liar who hunts for hype, and invents all sorts of false rumors for the sake of views. For example, as she tried to convince everyone in the summer that DC would be making a solo movie about Raven, lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    For example, one of his creations is Jessica Cruz who has taken off in popularity in a short period of time and provides representation on multiple fronts (woman, latina, mental health).

Personally, I'm growing more and more comfortable with the idea of crediting Gellar as Buffy's true author. She brought his character to life every day and sold his ideas.
    She made a dead character into something off of his writing.

Only way you could do that is buy the franchise from him.

Remember we got a comic book elsewhere still going on along with a Firefly comic.

Jessica Cruz-if you dump her-who replaces her to fit all those fronts? Do we bring back Wildcat-Yolanda? Also who is going to commit to doing that. Remember Jessica had a 50 issue co-solo run. Whoever replaces her will need that. Along with everything outside of comics.

Who wants to do that work when you have a $150 billion dollar debt? Not me. I would eat that bad press for the time while working on a possible replacement. So If I HAVE To get rid of Jessica-I already have someone active who might be just as popular.

Astonishing Member

Getting rid of the characters is absolute nonsense, and they won't do it anyway, sorry for spoilers.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    but legally she wont get anything. its another jk rolling situation
    Legally no. But personally, I'm ok with just giving her most (if not all) of the credit for elevating his material.

The greatness of BtVS seems more and more to be a group effort between Whedon, the actors and the rest of the writing staff and crew. And we know that he made the situation a living hell for not just them, but at least the writing staff of Firefly as well.

And he doesn't seem to accept criticism of his writing that well. He puts the blame of the original Buffy movie and Alien Resurrection on the executions of his script, but maybe the scripts weren't that great to begin with? His Wonder Woman script was awful. He said Halle Berry flubbed his "toad struck by lightning" line, but it was a crap line to begin with, etc.

The comparison of Johns to JKR is not a 1:1 fit. Rowling is the ultimate owner of the Harry Potter IP, so she gets a say in everything adapting it and is paid for the use of her characters and world in adaptations. So action figures, the upcoming video game and rumored HBO Max show...she directly profits from all of that.

DC, meanwhile, is a work for hire company, meaning it's AT&T that owns the characters, regardless of who created them. Creators get royalties from reprints, but it's not quite the same thing. So for instance, Geoff Johns may be the writer who created Stargirl and Jessica Cruz, but he does not own them in the same way JKR owns all of the Harry Potter characters. The company does. He gets royalty payments from collected editions reprinting his work, but he is not gonna get a huge check for the Black Adam movie adapting parts of his JSA run or the Zack Snyder Justice League movie being based on his New 52 Justice League run. In fact, Alex Ross recently complained about the fact that he got no money from the Crisis on Infinite Earths TV crossover or Wonder Woman 1984, despite both using story elements and designs from stories he either illustrated or co-wrote. There is (or at least was) some sort of incentive program where the company rewarded creators of characters who were adapted into other mediums, but Ross claims the new owners have dropped that.

“But you know these are some the issues that I have not working with Warner Bros. anymore. You know, they can recycle my content and they used to pay. And I’m not kidding, they paid like a year ago for different things that were kind of — “discretionary bonuses”, is how they called it. Where they give you a gift of money so that you’re not out there effectively complaining like I’m doing right now. Saying ‘Oh, I got taken advantage of.'”

“Basically, in a buildup of a lot of projects over time, particularly peaking last year with the Crisis thing, there was a lot of stuff of mine that was getting in there physically. And of course, the interpretation Mark and I did of the broken Batman we now saw portrayed by Kevin Conroy, and every fan knows where that was coming from. But we got no love from the corporation, and I have to feel, it probably revolves around the new ownership. It’s probably cut the budget of any kind of discretionary money given, so it’s a really rotten thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Grace can be somehow trusted only when she specifically talks about Snyder and everything connected with him, but for obvious reasons - she communicates with him personally, and he, as I understand it, was a source of information for her.
    But otherwise, she is a complete liar who hunts for hype, and invents all sorts of false rumors for the sake of views. For example, as she tried to convince everyone in the summer that DC would be making a solo movie about Raven, lol.
    exactly, she plays with fans animosity towards someone, invents and tells them what they want hear and they spread those lies. It's her way to stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Jessica Cruz-if you dump her-who replaces her to fit all those fronts? Do we bring back Wildcat-Yolanda? Also who is going to commit to doing that. Remember Jessica had a 50 issue co-solo run. Whoever replaces her will need that. Along with everything outside of comics.
    Ironically - Geoff Johns did that! And had her star in the Stargirl TV Show! But I guess since he didn't co-create she's not in any danger or anything.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

No, he changed version, he claimed that Johns threatened his career, some time later changed version and claimed that Johns was a racist.
    That's not Fisher changing his story, that's him adding to it while still dancing around his NDA

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's not Fisher changing his story, that's him adding to it while still dancing around his NDA
    when I hear the specifics, proof and witness he might be credible. NDA or not.
    For me He is only trying to push his friend snyder

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

when I hear the specifics, proof and witness he might be credible. NDA or not.
    For me He is only trying to push his friend snyder
    He's not doing this so you believe him, so I don't think he'll be risking any legal jeopardy by breaking his NDA for people who still doubt him.

You don't have to like Fisher or the Snyderverse or whatever else is swirling around this fiasco because, in the end, Fisher's actions, regardless of his motivations or tactics, served as the catalyst for all this.

Fisher certainly didn't do it alone, but this will certainly force Hollywood to be more accountable for at least a few years.