Page 74 of 130 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1949

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    He's not doing this so you believe him, so I don't think he'll be risking any legal jeopardy by breaking his NDA for people who still doubt him.

You don't have to like Fisher or the Snyderverse or whatever else is swirling around this fiasco because, in the end, Fisher's actions, regardless of his motivations or tactics, served as the catalyst for all this.

Fisher certainly didn't do it alone, but this will certainly force Hollywood to be more accountable for at least a few years.
    Always If its true, doesn't seem WB cares about that "Time to move on" they told him.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Always If its true, doesn't seem WB cares about that "Time to move on" they told him.
    Hollywood will always try to move on, but the increased scrutiny will mean that they are going to have to be more mindful of it for at least a few years.

The floodgates are now more open for actors, writers and crew to spill the beans on the real douchebags than they have ever been before.

If enough people come forward and continue to get work, then I can see this being a longer-term thing.

Only time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Hollywood will always try to move on, but the increased scrutiny will mean that they are going to have to be more mindful of it for at least a few years.

The floodgates are now more open for actors, writers and crew to spill the beans on the real douchebags than they have ever been before.

If enough people come forward and continue to get work, then I can see this being a longer-term thing.

Only time will tell...
    That Hollywood will be mindful I doubt it.
    This stuff happened, happens now and will happen in the future.
    The irony of it all is that people who claim to be disgusted by this stuff(which if really happened is disgusting) at the same time adore actors and actresses well known to be human garbage and justify their actions and conduct with all sorts of excuses.
    I always believe that there are two sides of the coin, we only heard partially Fisher's version, seems WB has the other side and has no intention to do what is Fisher's final objective, giving control of the DCEU to snyder.
    Thanks the heavens for that it would have spelled the end of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    That Hollywood will be mindful I doubt it.
    This stuff happened, happens now and will happen in the future.
    The irony of it all is that people who claim to be disgusted by this stuff(which if really happened is disgusting) at the same time adore actors and actresses well known to be human garbage and justify their actions and conduct with all sorts of excuses.
    I always believe that there are two sides of the coin, we only heard partially Fisher's version, seems WB has the other side and has no intention to do what is Fisher's final objective, giving control of the DCEU to snyder.
    Thanks the heavens for that it would have spelled the end of the DCEU.
    And how do you know Fisher was just doing this to get Snyder full control over the DCEU? How did you manage to make this about Snyder making movies you don't like?

The irony here is how anti Snyder fans are just prone to conspiracy theories as anyone else while also using a conversation like this just to be jerks about a director they dislike who, it should be noted, is not the one being accused of misconduct towards his cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And how do you know Fisher was just doing this to get Snyder full control over the DCEU? How did you manage to make this about Snyder making movies you don't like?

The irony here is how anti Snyder fans are just prone to conspiracy theories as anyone else while also using a conversation like this just to be jerks about a director they dislike who, it should be noted, is not the one being accused of misconduct towards his cast.
    Its not nice to think badly of others but often you are correct. When you read the attacks launched by people(Randolph) who are close to snyder you realize its no conspiracy theory but an orchestrated one. Maybe not by Snyder himself, but he does nothing to stop them either, all it requires a tweet nowadays.

I was rooting for his movies to be a success, but they have been a big let down plain and simple. Either we bury our heads in the sand or else we admit those movies have nearly killed the DCEU in its infancy. People who saw his movies left theatres traumatized. DC still suffers from the effects of those movies and has still to recover. Recently Patty Jenkins was the object of these attacks in which she is claimed not to have permitted Zac to be involved in her latest WW, that same Jenkins who with Wan saved the DCEU.
    These attacks come from the same source. Which keep reiterating theories poisoning people's minds against certain people at Wb/DC perceived as zac enemies. The same source that keeps ripping apart any DC movie that is not snyder while his movies are applauded by the same source.
    When DC movies do well, they change tactic and claim Zac was involved. When even a blind man could see that WW and Aquaman are not even close to any snyder movie. They are a repudiation of snyderverse.

Than Strangely Fisher comes along and makes allegations against the same people under attack (obviously not Jenkins).

DC movies are not snyderverse or of anyone else for that matter, they should be what they are, DC movies about superheroes who send a message of hope to those that watch them. Not making audiences set an appointment with a psychiatrist after watching these movies. Fisher would have been believable if he stopped at Whedon instead he opens fire on all those considered Zac enemies. People about whom nobody ever said anything against them or even the slightest allegations ever done, except by Snyder stans.

I've seen people who saw Snyder's movies talk about how it helped them deal with their depression.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/cinemac...ries-here/amp/

But I suspect that won't matter to you if you want to see Snyder in the worst light possible.

I also find it funny how you say we are "often right" to think the worst of others but apparently don't think Fisher was right about his allegations against Whedon. Are Carpenter, Benson, Tratchtenberg and all the others speaking out i
    on this conspiracy too? Give me a break. This is just more people pissed about the Snyder cut being released.

You have more than made it clear that you hate the Snyder films. Fine. You have the option to not watch them. But don't insult people's intelligence by trying to invalidate discussions about Whedon's behaviour just because of your paranoia about DC giving Snyder creative control again. Something they have made clear they are not going to do and which he never had.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-13-2021 at 10:01 PM.

I've seen people who saw Snyder's movies talk about how it helped them deal with their depression.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/cinemac...ries-here/amp/

But I suspect that won't matter to you if you want to see Snyder in the worst light possible.
    There's a guy on YouTube by the name of Jody (of Jody's Corner) who revealed that Snyder hates WB is carrying out a quiet vendetta against everyone he sees as an enemy, particularly Whedon and Johns. I didn't think much of it until someone close to me texted Friday night.
    He made quite a visible attack on Johns within the last 48 hrs. The next thing he knew, Snyder's people put him in touch with Zack, who offered to do a fundraiser on his page. If it goes through, you'll see it soon.
    It seems like people with sizeable platforms that attack Johns or "Josstice League" gain access to Snyder.
    One thing my friend noted was that Geoff Johns began following him on social media within these last 48hrs. So, even Johns and his people could be putting a narrative together.

Of course, it could all be a coincidence, but Clay Enos is Jody's source, and he unwittingly spilled the beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    There's a guy on YouTube by the name of Jody (of Jody's Corner) who revealed that Snyder hates WB is carrying out a quiet vendetta against everyone he sees as an enemy, particularly Whedon and Johns. I didn't think much of it until someone close to me texted Friday night.
    He made quite a visible attack on Johns within the last 48 hrs. The next thing he knew, Snyder's people put him in touch with Zack, who offered to do a fundraiser on his page. If it goes through, you'll see it soon.
    It seems like people with sizeable platforms that attack Johns or "Josstice League" gain access to Snyder.
    One thing my friend noted was that Geoff Johns began following him on social media within these last 48hrs. So, even Johns and his people could be putting a narrative together.

Of course, it could all be a coincidence, but Clay Enos is Jody's source, and he unwittingly spilled the beans.
    Sorry, I'm not quite able to follow what you're saying here.

Snyder doesn't want people he views as an enemy to be attacked by WB?

I genuinely apologize for the confusion. It's really early where I am and I haven't eaten.

Sorry, I'm not quite able to follow what you're saying here.

Snyder doesn't want people he views as an enemy to be attacked by WB?

I genuinely apologize for the confusion. It's really early where I am and I haven't eaten.
    What I'm saying is Snyder is out to bring down his enemies. According to Jody (by way of Clay Enos), he's using Fisher and many YouTube personalities to carry out a social media war against the like so Johns and Whedon.
    So, yesterday, a close contact (who is a Synder fan) directed some verbal invective towards Geoff Johns on Twitter in response to one of Snyder's JL trailer teasers. It went viral, and suddenly he was contacted by Snyder's people looking to put him in contact with Zack. It happened, and now Snyder wants to fundraise on his YouTube channel. It's being set up as we speak.

So, it appears that if your platform has enough eyes, Snyder can essentially recruit you into feeding this fire he's built against Geoff Johns. As I noted above, Geoff, himself, started following my contact on social media soon after.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Snyder recently commented that he doesn't think his fanbase is toxic, and held up the charity for suicide awareness stuff as proof that they weren't. Thing is, the fanbase can have both good and toxic elements to it. And the extreme pro-Snyder people send out death threats or troll internet forums or publicly bash other creatives, even some who seemingly have a solid and supporting relationship with Snyder. Like those who said Patty Jenkins was a lying bitch for saying she didn't think a completed Snyder Cut existed, or that she ruined Wonder Woman and control should go back to Snyder. It's hard to believe he wouldn't be aware of these things and he's in a position to do the bare minimum and just say "please don't attack others in my name." But he doesn't. A mod on the SHH! forums said she'd had to ban posters from both sides of the debate, saying both sides were toxic, but the sheer volume of the Snyder cut crowd was bigger.

Considering what the studio did to him and the online abuse he got from the opposite factions, it's not hard to see why Snyder isn't being objective when it comes the pro-Snyder Cut crowd and how toxic some of them can be. His worst "crime" is making some shitty movies, but despite some of his inaction when it comes to his fanbase, he seems like a considerably better person than Whedon in general.

It wouldn't surprise me if he is campaigning to get control of the DCEU back. Even if the Snyder Cut doesn't review well or get a positive reception outside the fanbase to be successful, I don't expect the campaign to stop any time soon.

Astonishing Member

Snyder recently commented that he doesn't think his fanbase is toxic
    Well, it means he has not seen how his fanatics attack everything related to DC. Even goddamn animated movie, lol.
    He will definitely never get control again. They could possibly give him a League sequel for HBO Max, but given his plans, it seems surreal to have a huge budget for the movie on the streaming service. And despite the vocal fanbase, Snyder, to put it mildly, is not friendly with the mass audience, and this is the main factor.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Well, it means he has not seen how his fanatics attack everything related to DC. Even goddamn animated movie, lol.
    He will definitely never get control again. They could possibly give him a League sequel for HBO Max, but given his plans, it seems surreal to have a huge budget for the movie on the streaming service. And despite the vocal fanbase, Snyder, to put it mildly, is not friendly with the mass audience, and this is the main factor.
    Again, considering what the anti-Snyder crowd has lobbed against him, the personal tragedy he endured and how the studio threw him under the bus, it's hard to blame him for not seeing the bad sides of these people supporting him. He should, but I can't blame him too much.

It's interesting that despite everything that happened, Snyder still agreed to work with WB to produce his Cut. And of course all the folks that originally worked with him on the movie agreed to come back to complete it. I may not be the biggest fan of Snyder as a filmmaker, but he clearly knows how to take good care of his cast and crew. Which I'm sure was one of the main reasons for how the Whedon thing turned out the way it did. Whedon must have been the polar opposite of Snyder. You go from one person who genuinely seems to care, to someone who doesn't appear to care enough to treat the cast like actual human beings. I've said this before, but WB should've simply rolled the dice and let Snyder finish his trilogy, instead of course correcting in the middle of it. What did they have to lose, if it still bombed, it bombed. Pick yourself up and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Good to see more of the male stars coming out vocally in support of the female cast .