Page 94 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1949
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Well, this may be why we're seeing so much racebending now, since Superman's a big enough character to have his girlfriend kept in, while Flash is not.
    Lois is a much bigger character, been in the previous 2 films, and was central to Supermans humanity. She was Bruces "secret" weapon thus was essential to the film. Iris was reportedly in 1 scene where she got saved from an oncoming car? Not really the same. Didnt add anything to the film with its limited time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Lois is a much bigger character, been in the previous 2 films, and was central to Supermans humanity. She was Bruces "secret" weapon thus was essential to the film. Iris was reportedly in 1 scene where she got saved from an oncoming car? Not really the same. Didnt add anything to the film with its limited time.
    That's my point-- There would have been an additional BIPOC actor in the film if Lois was originally cast as Black, like Snyder wanted. Iris West is no one nearly as important, so she's irrelevant. It's a tertiary role at best.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So I guess none of this will go away even when the Snyder cut is released?
    Maybe if Twitter gets closed down.

Because he's the ONLY ONE on a team of perfect people. It smacks of being afraid of Black sexuality. He's second class, featured less, and doesn't get to be happy like the others because he's Black. At this point, I can't help you, dude. Choose to remain tone deaf if you must.
    I asked why it's only a problem for Cyborg when there are other characters in similar situations. The only response I got is it's bad cuz he's black. So we're back to the "If you do bad things to non-white fictional characters, it's racist" nonsense.

See ya later.
    "Cable was right!"

That's my point-- There would have been an additional BIPOC actor in the film if Lois was originally cast as Black, like Snyder wanted. Iris West is no one nearly as important, so she's irrelevant. It's a tertiary role at best.
    But we're kind of well past where that would've been a factor in this movie in my opinion.

Did he propose racebending Lois? Never heard of that.

But either way, Zack could've made Iris more essential to the plot had he wanted, he could've made plenty more BIPOC actors more essential to the plot and involved them directly with the mother box. Taking the films for what they already were leading up to Justice League, that is a failure on his part.

Long story short, Geoff Johns is racist for basically not wanting this in the movie?

And for also cutting characters deemed unnecessary to the main plot, some of whom included POC, in order to meet the studio mandated 2 hour runtime? That's what makes him such an "abhorrent racist"?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Did he propose racebending Lois? Never heard of that.

But either way, Zack could've made Iris more essential to the plot had he wanted, he could've made plenty more BIPOC actors more essential to the plot and involved them directly with the mother box. Taking the films for what they already were leading up to Justice League, that is a failure on his part.
    Zoe Saldana was in the running for Lois in MoS before it ultimately went to Amy Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zoe Saldana was in the running for Lois in MoS before it ultimately went to Amy Adams.
    So it was an open casting then? Which is great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But we're kind of well past where that would've been a factor in this movie in my opinion.
    Yes, but, in broader strokes, I think we're at the point of the discussion where it's time to note that there are classes of character roles (measured by prominence), and while it's okay to racebend less important character (Iris), people push back more loudly with bigger ones (MJ). That still leaves BIPOC actors with less relevant roles. Maybe there would be less support for racebending if the actual needs for quality of representation were being met. That's all I mean.

I don't care for a racebent Superman, but I at least know that all his scenes won't be cut.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Long story short, Geoff Johns is racist for basically not wanting this in the movie?

Geoff was right to veto that take (to the extent that he could), but Fisher didn't want to play the Teen Titans GO/Quasimodo character either.

I think the studio should have been upfront about what the role was, rather than announcing that Cyborg would be a film star with his own film franchise.

Yes, but, in broader strokes, I think we're at the point of the discussion where it's time to note that there are classes of character roles (measured by prominence), and while it's okay to racebend less important character (Iris), people push back more loudly with bigger ones (MJ). That still leaves BIPOC actors with less relevant roles. Maybe there would be less support for racebending if the actual needs for quality of representation were being met. That's all I mean.

I don't care for a racebent Superman, but I at least know that all his scenes won't be cut.
    The more iconic the character the more pushback there will be if you change something to them. Fans would FLIP THEIR LIDS if they made Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman into blondes or red heads just as they would if they racebent them. Zack racebent Aquaman, he could've included another POC character in the film, hell he could've included one another female JLer in there as well but he didnt. Diana was, as most teams go, the sole female hero in a group of guys. There are plenty of ways they could've changed things that even racebending wouldnt have helped, gender roles are also another major things.

Zack went out of his way to cast an Asian actress as Mercer only to kill her off, that's a lot worst imo then cutting out some characters in JL.

Geoff was right to veto that take (to the extent that he could), but Fisher didn't want to play the Teen Titans GO/Quasimodo character either.

I think the studio should have been upfront about what the role was, rather than announcing that Cyborg would be a film star with his own film franchise.
    In hindsight the studio should’ve fired Ray Fisher for the reshoots.

I see Fisher is going after Emmerich now too. I can’t remember, did he accuse Emmerich in the initial accusation? Feels like he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Hahaha oh Christ, firing the one black main cast member? Yeah that would’ve gone over well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    He was fairly satisfied with the investigation until he realized he still wasn't going to play Cyborg.
    He went on strike it’s his own fault

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I think the only thing that’s clear in hindsight is that WB should have let Snyder finish JL on the first go, taken the hit and then soft-rebooted via Aquaman and Shazam