Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Question Which Malibu characters would you be interested see return?

I always hated how Marvel acquired Malibu comics only to not use any of the characters or concepts. Even Exiles as a concept has been placed in limbo.

I started thinking it about when I remembered how the Secret Warps storyline brought a minor revival to Marvel's New Universe. It wasn't much but it was still enjoyable.

Out of all of the Malibu characters and concepts, which would you be most interested in seeing in some sort of revival?

Astonishing Member

Hardcase was my favorite series so I definitely would love to see Hardcase and Choice brought back. Amber Hunt, Solitaire, Ghoul, Prime, Topaz and Mantra are other characters I've love to see again.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hardcase, Prototype, Ghoul and Prime.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Prime, who could be Marvel’s answer to Shazam.

And Night Man. Who actually managed to have a live action tv show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Prime, who could be Marvel’s answer to Shazam.

And Night Man. Who actually managed to have a live action tv show.
    He would be the MAIN one they would not bring back if they thought about.

One of his creators is dead.

The other is the reason John Stewart's Green Lantern Mosaic, 90s Green Lantern book issues 1-25 and some of Justice League's 90s books are NOT in trade.

Gerard Jones-who wrote all those books.

You would think Marvel would sell those guys back to the few remaining creators who are alive.

Malibu Barbie and her Dream House.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Prime and Rune, only!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I swear they brought over Rune and Starlin killed him.
    "Cable was right!"

Prime if it has to be just one character ... though I thought Nightman, Rune and all of Ulta Force were okay back in the day.

I definitely had this hope they would show in in Secret Wars.

I really dug Firearm.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I swear they brought over Rune and Starlin killed him.
    Run was last seen with one of the Infinity gems.

A good while after the Ultraverse went kaput, there was a comic where Galactus was gathering the gems. At one point he reaches into a portal into another dimension and pulls out a fanged skeleton with the Soul gem on it's chest.

Originally this was supposed to be Rune, but Starlin was told he couldn't use him so the skeleton was redrawn. In the book that came out, the skeleton is shown with fangs, but not wings.

Frankly, I could have sworn at some point I saw the version where the skeleton did have wing bones. I don't know if I'm misremembering or if I'm remembering something from a online preview or unused art that was posted, but I can't find the skeleton with wings image anywhere online.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Prototype and Hardcase. I always thought those two had great pontential. Plus Prototype just looks cool.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 09-16-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You would think Marvel would sell those guys back to the few remaining creators who are alive.
    Part of the reason why Marvel chose to buy it was to get rid of a competitor. The comics can stay in limbo for all they care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Prototype and Hardcase. I always thought those two had great pontential. Plus Prototype just looks cool.

Prototype does seem really badass here. I should have checked him out back then.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Part of the reason why Marvel chose to buy it was to get rid of a competitor.
    And their coloring system!