Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Great issue for the dynamic between Peter/Norman and genuine surprises along the way.

Astonishing Member

I was enraged when the others spiders decided they had to stop Spider-Man when he went to save Norman Osborn of the Sin-Eaters' followers. I thought it was because they simply wanted the Sin-Eater to get rid of Osborn in an easy way and they couldn't accept Spider-Man's morality deciding to do something it could just prolong Norman's problem. But now I see the real reasons, and I can understand their decission. They want to save Spider-Man's life, but I don't think Spidey would accept the fact of just "stay aside" in any situation.

I have to say, Gwen seems to be the reflection of all of us readers about the topic. I mean, she understands Peter's point of view about hating Norman and his inner wish to get rid of him; but it's obvious that something sinister and more dangerous than Norman is behind the Sin-Eater. And naturally, you can't make a pact with the Devil and not pay the price. She perfectly described it.

And I have to say, the idea of Norman and Peter, as well as Spider-Man and the Green Goblin, working together is not so strange. I mean, Spidey and the Goblin have already colaborated in the past (mainly when the Goblin was Harry). And there have been situations were Norman and Peter had no option but to join forces against a common enemy. They did it, indirectly, during the Skrull's Secret Invasion.

PD: Almost forgot. I think the other spiders were tricked. They dreamed about Spider-Man being killed by the Green Goblin, but in their visions, the Goblin's figure was covered by shadows. Why?, maybe because the one who killed Peter in their dreams WASN'T actually Osborn, but KINDRED. I smell something fishy around here.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 09-17-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Ursalink;5148850]I was enraged when the others spiders decided they had to stop Spider-Man when he went to save Norman Osborn of the Sin-Eaters' followers. I thought it was because they simply wanted the Sin-Eater to get rid of Osborn in an easy way and they couldn't accept Spider-Man's morality deciding to do something it could just prolong Norman's problem. But now I see the real reasons, and I can understand their decission. They want to save Spider-Man's life, but I don't think Spidey would accept the fact of just "stay aside" in any situation.

I have to say, Gwen seems to be the reflection of all of us readers about the topic. I mean, she understands Peter's point of view about hating Norman and his inner wish to get rid of him; but it's obvious that something sinister and more dangerous than Norman is behind the Sin-Eater. And naturally, you can't make a pact with the Devil and not pay the price. She perfectly described it.

And I have to say, the idea of Norman and Peter, as well as Spider-Man and the Green Goblin, working together is not so strange. I mean, Spidey and the Goblin have already colaborated in the past (mainly when the Goblin was Harry). And there have been situations were Norman and Peter had no option but to join forces against a common enemy. They did it, indirectly, during the Skrull's Secret Invasion.

PD: Almost forgot. I think the other spiders were tricked. They dreamed about Spider-Man being killed by the Green Goblin, but in their visions, the Goblin's figure was covered by shadows. Why?, maybe because the one who killed Peter in their dreams WASN'T actually Osborn, but KINDRED. I smell something fishy around here.
    You have good reason to think something is fishy. Kindred and Sin Eater with all of his expanded powers are far more dangerous then Osborn. Almost like comparing Thanos to Red Skull. Both evil but one is 1,000,000 times more dangerous

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Spencer writes Osborn so well!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Spencer writes Osborn so well!
    Spencer's got the voice right for Norman Osborn. I'd say the same for other characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Everything in my gut is pointing towards the reveal being Gwen. We’ve spoken about her in issues recently...almost as if trying to throw us off the scent.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Yeah... sadly going back and seeing the outburst Kindred had when Peter revealed himself to Black Cat, and all this Gwen talk is pointing to Gwen and I absolutely hate the idea. Gwen is one of those characters that is just... they're beating a dead horse at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Here is my problem with Gwen as Kindred right from the beginning. What did she do that was so bad that warranted her going to Hell? Being mean to Aunt May? Supporting Sam Bullett? Shacking up with Osborn? If that is the standard then everyone short of Mother Theresa goes to Hell. I am looking at Gabriel, Ezekiel and No One as my choices. Harry looks too obvious.
    Thing is, as much as we might be sick of Marvel "resurrecting Gwen," having her be Kindred is the kind of "shocking twist" Marvel loves to pull, and Gwen Stacy is a familiar name even among causal Spider-Man readers. I also don't think it's any coincidence that we get some met-commentary from Spider-Gwen about how Peter (and the readers) have been putting Gwen on a pedestal because she died...almost as if to caution us that she's not the saint we've made her out to be. Plus, there's irony in the idea that Spider-Man is being forced to team-up with his greatest enemy against the first woman he ever loved.

Also, what if Spider-Gwen's dream was a clue? In her dream, Spidey dies being thrown off the Brooklyn Bridge, just like Gwen Stacy was. The shadowy figure Gwen assumes is Norman Osborn as the Green Goblin...except what if it was Kindred instead?
    Last edited by stillanerd; 09-19-2020 at 02:26 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Thing is, as much as we might be sick of Marvel "resurrecting Gwen," having her be Kindred is the kind of "shocking twist" Marvel loves to pull, and Gwen Stacy is a familiar name even among causal Spider-Man readers. I also don't think it's any coincidence that we get some met-commentary from Spider-Gwen about how Peter (and the readers) have been putting Gwen on a pedestal because she died...almost as if to caution us that she's not the saint we've made her out to be. Plus, there's irony in the idea that Spider-Man is being forced to team-up with his greatest enemy against the first woman he ever loved.

Also, what if Spider-Gwen's dream was a clue? In her dream, Spidey dies being thrown off the Brooklyn Bridge, just like Gwen Stacy was. The shadowy figure Gwen assumes is Norman Osborn as the Green Goblin...except what if it was Kindred instead?
    That's exactly what I said!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I was enraged when the others spiders decided they had to stop Spider-Man when he went to save Norman Osborn of the Sin-Eaters' followers. I thought it was because they simply wanted the Sin-Eater to get rid of Osborn in an easy way and they couldn't accept Spider-Man's morality deciding to do something it could just prolong Norman's problem. But now I see the real reasons, and I can understand their decission. They want to save Spider-Man's life, but I don't think Spidey would accept the fact of just "stay aside" in any situation.

It makes sense for Gwen to be most skeptical of any perceived 'deal with the devil', given her history with her world's Matt Murdock.

Incredible Member

Was Amazing 850 bumped to October 7th from September 30??

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    It makes sense for Gwen to be most skeptical of any perceived 'deal with the devil', given her history with her world's Matt Murdock.
    Good point there. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Was Amazing 850 bumped to October 7th from September 30??
    Yes, unfortunately.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Davis View Post
    The closest I can remember them ever getting to a team-up was during Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man, when Peter and Felicia broke Osborn out of prison. I guess, technically, they were working together for about a page. Then Norman ran off and Goblin-ed up.
    They also teamed up to kill Gwen Stacy.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm curious about why this was sold as a one-shot, when it seems to be a longer than usual standard issue. This isn't an interlude; it's clearly part of the larger Sins Remembered arc.
    this clearly should not be a one-shot and this is what happens when the pacing of a comic becomes structured around when the anniversary's going to hit, which is not how that should work
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

A Reckoning is Nigh

"The Sins of Norman Osborn" may be my favorite issue in Spencer's run so far. Dramatic pacing, stocked with a lot of surprises without feeling cluttered, and of course that cliff hanger ending. Can't wait to see where it goes in #850, and even more so in Last Remains!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    "The Sins of Norman Osborn" may be my favorite issue in Spencer's run so far. Dramatic pacing, stocked with a lot of surprises without feeling cluttered, and of course that cliff hanger ending. Can't wait to see where it goes in #850, and even more so in Last Remains!
    Absolutely! Also, welcome to the boards!

A Reckoning is Nigh

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Absolutely! Also, welcome to the boards!
    Thanks! I'm relatively new to the whole comic book scene, and I've been picking up a lot of information since joining