Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78
  1. #31
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,634

    Default

    It makes more sense now. The Order of the Web is trying to save Spider-Man from getting himself killed being his usual noble self, and Spider-Man, knowing on some level what it means to make a deal with the not-so-proverbial devil, can't and won't leave Norman Osborn to Sin-Eater's "mercy," even if it would (seemingly) solve so many of his problems. They both think they are doing the right thing, or at least the necessary thing. Of course, Osborn isn't making Spider-Man's decision to protect him from Sin-Eater any easier, though now that Spidey knows Dr. Ashley Kafka (or her "reanimate") is still alive . . . I wonder where that's going to lead in the future, and as long as they're still in Ravencroft . . . will Moonstone be making an appearance, or did she get out while the getting was good?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  2. #32
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    whats so special about Dr.Kafka what did she do in the spiderman mythos
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  3. #33
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    I'm curious about why this was sold as a one-shot, when it seems to be a longer than usual standard issue. This isn't an interlude; it's clearly part of the larger Sins Remembered arc.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  4. #34
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    whats so special about Dr.Kafka what did she do in the spiderman mythos
    She was a psychiatrist who played a major role in JM DeMatteis' two arcs of Superior Spider-Man. Later, she was important to a few Dan Slott stories, in which she was killed off.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  5. #35
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It makes more sense now. The Order of the Web is trying to save Spider-Man from getting himself killed being his usual noble self, and Spider-Man, knowing on some level what it means to make a deal with the not-so-proverbial devil, can't and won't leave Norman Osborn to Sin-Eater's "mercy," even if it would (seemingly) solve so many of his problems. They both think they are doing the right thing, or at least the necessary thing. Of course, Osborn isn't making Spider-Man's decision to protect him from Sin-Eater any easier, though now that Spidey knows Dr. Ashley Kafka (or her "reanimate") is still alive . . . I wonder where that's going to lead in the future, and as long as they're still in Ravencroft . . . will Moonstone be making an appearance, or did she get out while the getting was good?
    Yeah bro, it was good to see all of these perspectives. The Order of the Web's attempt to stop Spider-Man makes sense. Osborn wouldn't be killed from the Sin-Eater, but Pete could die trying to protect Osborn. Speaking of which, Norman still can throw down. Seeing him slam that Sin-Eater follower's head into the wall was brutal.

    As for my thoughts, wow, a lot of surprises happened in this issue. I mean, they just came one after the other, y'know? The Order of the Web's revelations, Spidey's teaming up with Norman who has been preparing a secret room filled with goblin gear ready for Kindred, while just earlier Sin-Eater absorbed (gasp!) Mr. Negative's powers, and uses them to mind control Dr. Kafka who helps open up the cell to (gasp again!) the Juggernaut! Holy crap! And all of that takes place in the cramped, confined spaces of Ravencroft! That made the surprises feel really tense. At the same time, nothing felt rushed or cluttered.

    All in all, it was a great issue. And I'm glad I picked it up because I thought it would be a needless tie-in!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    whats so special about Dr.Kafka what did she do in the spiderman mythos
    She appeared in issues of Spectacular Spider-Man, no? I recall her being there during the Harry Osborn Green Goblin and Vermin years of the title.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  6. #36
    Spectacular Member Nero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    189

    Default

    I really dug this issue. Sin Eater's become quite the force, I wonder if he's going to survive and become a reoccurring Spider-Man villain in the future. I like how Spider-Man has to begrudgingly have to team up with his archenemy, makes me wonder if Kindred is Mendell Stromm. I'm really pleased that Dr. Kafka is back, she's always been an underrated supporting character to Spider-Man and never should have been killed off in the first place.

    Props to Spencer, he's done a great job at building the suspense.

  7. #37
    The Future is Now WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I really dug this issue. Sin Eater's become quite the force, I wonder if he's going to survive and become a reoccurring Spider-Man villain in the future. I like how Spider-Man has to begrudgingly have to team up with his archenemy, makes me wonder if Kindred is Mendell Stromm. I'm really pleased that Dr. Kafka is back, she's always been an underrated supporting character to Spider-Man and never should have been killed off in the first place.

    Props to Spencer, he's done a great job at building the suspense.
    The only thing about Mendell Stromm was that Kindred recruited him then killed him in ASM #5
    Catching thieves just like flies for 58 years!!

  8. #38
    Spectacular Member Nero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    The only thing about Mendell Stromm was that Kindred recruited him then killed him in ASM #5
    Oh, okay. I honestly don't know who else Kindred could be (as either Harry or Gwen is too obvious). Whoever it ends up being, it's either going to make or break all of what Spencer's done thus far.

  9. #39
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Spencer is hinting so strongly that Kindred is Harry that I would be less surprised if it's not him.

  10. #40
    Fantastic Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Spencer is hinting so strongly that Kindred is Harry that I would be less surprised if it's not him.
    I like reading Norman this issue talking about Kindred with the theory that it's Harry in mind, cause even Norman of all people acts kind of intimidated by what Kindred is planning to do. If it's Harry that would be another Spidey first-Norman being afraid of Harry.

  11. #41

    Default

    I have a cold shiver every time I see the word "Sins" linked to a Spider-Man issue and especially to Norman Osborn. Anyway, fantastic story! One question: how does Osborn know about Kindred?

  12. #42
    Mighty Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Everything in my gut is pointing towards the reveal being Gwen. We’ve spoken about her in issues recently...almost as if trying to throw us off the scent.

  13. #43
    Incredible Member xpyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Everything in my gut is pointing towards the reveal being Gwen. We’ve spoken about her in issues recently...almost as if trying to throw us off the scent.
    Yeah... sadly going back and seeing the outburst Kindred had when Peter revealed himself to Black Cat, and all this Gwen talk is pointing to Gwen and I absolutely hate the idea. Gwen is one of those characters that is just... they're beating a dead horse at this point.

  14. #44
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Yeah... sadly going back and seeing the outburst Kindred had when Peter revealed himself to Black Cat, and all this Gwen talk is pointing to Gwen and I absolutely hate the idea. Gwen is one of those characters that is just... they're beating a dead horse at this point.
    Here is my problem with Gwen as Kindred right from the beginning. What did she do that was so bad that warranted her going to Hell? Being mean to Aunt May? Supporting Sam Bullett? Shacking up with Osborn? If that is the standard then everyone short of Mother Theresa goes to Hell. I am looking at Gabriel, Ezekiel and No One as my choices. Harry looks too obvious.

  15. #45
    Spectacular Member TheMaker1610's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Mmm
    Back in the Absolute Carnage tie-in issues, most of the Flashbacks were focused on Harry's condition at the time, and I can totally see Harry being Kindred, if you consider his death (back when he was the Green Goblin) the end of his story
    I know it quite contradicts (or at least seems to do) with everything Harry-related post-BND, but with everything Spencer had pulled up successfully this run, I trust him completely

    Wild-take: Kindred is the real Harry, and an LMD (or Mysterio-built Android or the like) took his place post-BND

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •